Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Star Trek

<< < (74/75) > >>

Scockery:

--- Quote from: BillCable on September 25, 2017, 07:05 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Some people complained about that scene.

It was the least thing wrong with INTO DARKNESS.

Darby:
The scene was gratuitous, but then pretty much everything was in ID. On the scale, though, you're totally right.

I was thinking more about the Discovery premiere, and I got to thinking - I know what the problem with the set up is i.e. Burnham.

SPOILERS

Georgiou's death should have been the trigger for this emotional crisis she faces, after perhaps repressing it all her life, growing up as a Vulcan. Right now we're left thinking the encounter with the Klingons triggers this memory and emotion she's been repressing, but she's fairly emotive (logical, sure, though not critical) and all of that undercuts what I think is meant to be her arc. She's shown as spirited and competitive, in direct opposition to how she first arrives on the Shenzou (well, she's always competitive) and her trajectory in the two episodes is less about her emotional disposition than her mental one.

Anyways.

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on September 25, 2017, 07:02 PM ---Don't get me started on Anthony Michael Hall as a Starfleet Admiral.  That took me out of that scene.

--- End quote ---

That actually wasn't Anthony Michael Hall - it was Terry Serpico, or as I like to call him "Anthony Michael Hall Lite"

CBS threw him a bone after suffering two seasons on their ridiculous attempt to turn US Postal Inspectors into CSIs, on Saturday morning no less...

BrentS:
Anyone else stick with CBS All-access for Star Trek Discovery?  Mid-season finale aired last night.  I really enjoyed these first 9 episodes.  Probably my favorite show that I'm currently watching.  It helped that we already invested in the CBS All-access for some of the other content. 

BrentS:
Anyone else make it through the whole Season of Discovery? Overall I enjoyed it but I don't want to give away anything too spoilery if folks are waiting for other means to consume the content. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version