Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 106341 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #60 on: March 6, 2009, 09:25 AM »
Alright, that was a decent trailer.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 6, 2009, 11:52 AM »
They have been putting together some freaking awsome trailers for this movie. I am actually looking forward to it.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2009, 12:34 AM »
I was a huge TNG fan and grew to love TOS.  The movies up until the whale one were good and I think I've seen the rest (The Undiscovered Country was great IIRC).  These trailers has my interest renewed and I'm looking forward to seeing the flick.  I got sick of the repeated huge alien threat/unkown thing threatening Earth and the rediculous attempts to make a new story.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2009, 02:11 AM »
I loved TNG, DS9, and I thought Generations and the Undiscovered Country were great, but First Contact was OUTSTANDING to me.  Of course, Wrath of Kahn is a favorite too...

And I'm also getting drawn into this new movie.  The Trailer's impressive, they're seemingly trying to keep to the OT as much as they can, while updating and improving on it.  It just seems very well done and the logical step forward if they're not going to do TNG crew movies (I wish they'd try something with teh Dominion as the enemy which seemed logical to me, but whatever).

I'm geeked to see this now.  I didn't have much I was looking forward to at the movies this year, but this jumped to the top of the list with the trailer releases.  I'm not even a  TOS guy much at all and this has me very excited to watch.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2009, 12:00 PM »
Not that it should be a surprise or anything, but Variety says they are already working on the New Trek sequel.  Sounds like the Bad Robot guys (Abrams,Burk) will be back along with one of the writers from LOST (Damon Lindelof) and a couple other writers.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2009, 12:35 PM »
I saw that news this morning as well, I guess it is not surprising.  It seems like anymore a lot of studios start prepping the sequel for their summer blockbusters prior to seeing how they do (I saw story of the same thing with Wolverine the other day).  I mentioned earlier that my primary exposure to Star Trek was TNG, as well as watching the old series (and some of the movies) with my dad growing up.  That said, I saw the most recent trailer on the big screen this weekend and I'm kind of getting jazzed to see this.  With no more SW movies on the horizon, it would be nice to see Trek get a little shot in the arm with this restart.  Then will come the inevitable comparisons between the new Trek and the prequels, and more Star Wars bashing ensues :P.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 8, 2009, 01:42 PM »
'Star Trek': What people are saying after the surprise screening

"I just got back from Star Trek and it was AMAZING. The best Star Trek movie ever. Yes, it even best Wrath of Khan. Believe me."

"You don't replace Wrath of Khan. You just don't. Not unless the movie you're replacing it with is pretty godd---- strong. And guess what? It is. Holy Christ Crispies in a bucket of milk, was this movie f---ing awesome."

Better than "The Wrath of Khan!". Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket!  :o

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 8, 2009, 10:31 PM »

Better than "The Wrath of Khan!". Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket!  :o

I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 9, 2009, 10:28 AM »
I wonder if those people have even seen the wrath of Khan?   ;)

Kidding aside, I'll also take the wait and see attitude.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #70 on: April 9, 2009, 11:28 AM »
It's looking like this reboot might be the thing that raises Trek above Wars in the epic "which series is better" battle.  Wars took a drubbing with the Prequels, but it was still better than the sad state of Trek.  Lucas is going to have to do some good stuff with his live-action series if he wants to reclaim the crown.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 9, 2009, 11:51 AM »
....Like let someone else run it. :P
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 9, 2009, 12:14 PM »
It's looking like this reboot might be the thing that raises Trek above Wars in the epic "which series is better" battle.  Wars took a drubbing with the Prequels, but it was still better than the sad state of Trek.  Lucas is going to have to do some good stuff with his live-action series if he wants to reclaim the crown.

Yeah, that's something I'm afraid is likely to happen as well.  Not that I don't want to see Star Trek succeed either.  I'm not the biggest Trek fan, primarily being familiar with the original series (and some of the movies) and TNG - but I have to admit after seeing trailers for this new movie, I'm definitely interested in seeing it.  To me, even including the prequels, there really is no comparison between the two - but that is coming from a Star Wars fan.  The original movies alone outweigh all of Trek, and there are portions of the prequels (ROTS in particular) that aren't nearly as bad as the "general population" seems to believe.  So much has been made of the prequels crappiness in the media, I think the general movie going public tends to side with that opinion.  Although TPM and AOTC both have their faults, I've really noticed a recent trend to lump ROTS in with them as well - where I thought it was pretty well received by fans and many critics alike.

Anyways, back on topic, I am looking forward to this new Trek movie - and hopefully it will be a nice re-start for that franchise.  Plus, maybe it will have the added benefit of having the SW live action series really step up their game as well.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2009, 06:14 AM »
Here is an clip of Kirk and Bones http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/12865104/standardformat/

Karl Urban does an good DeForest Kelly

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Apple Trailers has a clip of Kirk, Spock and Scotty. Can't say I'm into this introduction.

As for the McCoy clip, you're right, Urban does do a good McCoy, but I sure don't like the way he's written.

Sorry, old time Trekkor speaking here. In context, I'm sure everything works, but on their own, the clips are giving me the Sideshow Bob shivers.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:48 AM by Darth_Anton »