Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

Clone Wars Figures to Have Action Features

<< < (2/5) > >>

speedermike:
First off, the ROTS figures "had action features," not all of them, but some.  They were so well hidden that I don't even remember the ones that did, except and odd spinning Yoda.  As for the price, new collections alwys start out high, and then drop.  Didn't the ROTS figs go a buck cheaper 6-8 weeks after they came out?  If you're really concerned about the scratch, don't buy them the day they come out.

jedi_master_sal:

--- Quote from: speedermike on February 14, 2008, 09:59 PM --- If you're really concerned about the scratch, don't buy them the day they come out.

--- End quote ---

That's my plan. I'll go to midnight madness, but for the ships only. I'm not going to be in a rush to pay a dollar more  for figs, now with action features AND animated or hybrid style. I'd ask Hasbro to allay my fears, but I won't get an answer before this weekend, so I guess we all wait. I imagine there will be MUCH to say come Sat night/Sun morn.

Jesse James:
I think the likelihood of getting them with realistic heads (if the rumor of realistic bodies w/stylized heads holds true) is high at some point, so personally I think I'm gonna just pass and save money...  I'm not personally counting on a price decrease at any point, as I think China's impacting SW at this point, but I do think we'll get these again at some point.

I might nab the Padawan girl or something, probably mail-away for Rex too, but at this point I don't plan to go all out for figures and I don't feel real bad about it.

jedi_master_sal:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on February 15, 2008, 12:05 AM ---...I might nab the Padawan girl or something, probably mail-away for Rex too, but at this point I don't plan to go all out for figures and I don't feel real bad about it.

--- End quote ---

That's really about where I'm at too Jesse. Just NEW characters. But even then if they are TOO animated in style, I still may not pick them up.

I know many of us have been at this whole animated vs realistic debate for awhile now...It's just ONE and a HALF more days though. Then we should find out for certain.

Like you Jesse, I won't feel bad about passing on the figs if their animated style.

Jesse James:

--- Quote ---But even then if they are TOO animated in style, I still may not pick them up.
--- End quote ---

I'd have to agree with that too Sal...  If that Padawan girl looks very animated, why bother?  She won't look right on the Clone Wars shelf with AOTC Troopers I have already, my Assajj figures, etc.  So forget about it...  I'm not happy entirely, but why pay $8 for something I know I'm gonna look at and just feel it's out of place.

Is that OCD?  I dunno...

I just know if something looks "off" on the display shelf, I tend to want it gone... 

I almost dread the idea that the heads are just a hair realistic, and a hair animated, like that Armored Obi-Wan figure...  I mean, then I'm just probably sucked back in to liking the line.  We'll see though. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version