Author Topic: The Legacy Collection - Vintage Rumor List?  (Read 12034 times)

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: The Legacy Collection - Vintage Rumor List?
« Reply #45 on: August 9, 2008, 12:19 PM »
It probably wouldn't hurt to see an increase in fan grumbling outside my Q&A column if fans really don't want to see this line return... from the Hasbro cocktail hour deal at Comic-Con it really seems like sales and fan comments indicate they want a heck of a lot more Vintage.  Maybe it's because of all the polls on the Rebelscum front page.

If they stop giving Target $13 repaints and gave them a $13 exclusive Vintage figure... I guess that'd be more compelling.  But I'm with CHEWIE and you guys-- I hate paying premium prices for the garbage I throw away after I get my figures.  It's just, in a way, a huge shame that the line seems to be meeting whatever targets Hasbro and/or retail have set for them because they JUST KEEP COMING BACK.  I thought it'd be over after the last line took over a year to sell through and eventually got dumped at Ross...
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: The Legacy Collection - Vintage Rumor List?
« Reply #46 on: August 9, 2008, 01:39 PM »
I hate paying premium prices for the garbage I throw away after I get my figures.

I think what might even be the worse part is for many of these "vintage" figures, they wind up getting re-used within a year or two later. I believe of the 23 "vintage" figures that have been released so far, only 4 of them (ANH Luke, ANH Leia, Bespin Luke, and Bossk) have yet to be refreshed in some manner. I would rather Hasbro release these figures in two formats - one with the premium BS packaging and then the other on a basic card - so that people like us who want a loose figure can pay the cheaper price and then those who want the carded display can get the premium price. I know wishful thinking, but they seem to be listening to collectors enough that I'd like to see them listen to that idea.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot