Author Topic: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets  (Read 131777 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #495 on: August 24, 2009, 08:40 PM »
I've heard the same from a local ($11 though).  So I'd say some stores are discounting them.  Usually WM's discounts come when a plan-o-gram is full and there's not space for something, and our stores just reset, so that could have something to do with it.

Most stores that got these in here went through them and only got 2 or 3 sets total though, so it wasn't a glut sitting around waiting for clearance.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 25, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Has anyone scanned these lately?  I've had a few reasonable-but-unconfirmed reports of a couple of Wal-Marts marking them down to an even $10.00.  No receipts yet but certainly interesting if there's any truth to it.

No that I've seen, but I've see these off the plan-o-gram and without shelf space already.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 25, 2009, 10:32 AM »
The Super Wally near me is in the middle of reseting the whole store and they never had a good spot for these.  They had already redone most of the toy section, but had another toy isle about 50 feet away that was half (lightly) clearanced toys and half items that were overstocked and they needed a place to put.  Buried at the end of the row, not the endcap, were the BAD sets.  I'll have to go back and take a look to see if they are discounted (though the store has been pretty bad about clearancing items that reached that status at other locations).
I am not the Stig

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 25, 2009, 01:13 PM »
It should be shocking that people actually bought these, but sadly it's not.

Maybe next time when it's $20.99 each they'll finally sit and collect dust.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 25, 2009, 01:26 PM »
It should be shocking that people actually bought these, but sadly it's not.

Maybe next time when it's $20.99 each they'll finally sit and collect dust.

Yeah, I wonder what the true "breaking point" will really be.  I can't really talk much, as I picked up three of the sets myself, but for all the talk of how much prices stink and everything, it seems like a lot of us continue to pay them.  I wonder how high things truly have to get before people say "enough".  It seems like it is getting closer to that point, as we've seen some of our own members here stop collecting Hasbro (or drastically reduce), but there is still quite a few of us still hanging in there in various areas.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 25, 2009, 06:32 PM »
Has anyone scanned these lately?  I've had a few reasonable-but-unconfirmed reports of a couple of Wal-Marts marking them down to an even $10.00.  No receipts yet but certainly interesting if there's any truth to it.

No that I've seen, but I've see these off the plan-o-gram and without shelf space already.

Was there ever a POG that actually included these?  They were in different locations at every store I saw them at.  Looked like they were just flexed into the set versus getting an official location.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 25, 2009, 06:35 PM »
I've been seeing some planograms posted at some of my local stores.  And none of them showed space for the Droid Factory 2-packs.  When I saw the sets in a store, they were placed on an endcap.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 26, 2009, 10:41 AM »

Was there ever a POG that actually included these?  They were in different locations at every store I saw them at.  Looked like they were just flexed into the set versus getting an official location.

You're probably right. Flexed is more accurate.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 26, 2009, 10:46 AM »
Found these again in the Miscellaneous area last night.  Most were labelled with a red tag saying $17.00, but none of the price checkers were working, so I brought it to the register (also had to get diapers...).  I only brought the Corran and Whistler set, rang up at $9.00!   8)

They probably had two or three complete sets still on the shelf, I might go back tonight to get some of the others.  At $9.00 I can stomach these.
I am not the Stig

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #504 on: August 26, 2009, 12:00 PM »
I would pick up a third set for $9.00 a pop, that's a killer deal! I do not expect to see these again but I will be looking for sure! I am surprised to hear that these are already clearanced when they were so scarce to begin with.

I sold, traded and customized the extras so I did not feel raped on these as much as I thought. In fact I was able to get the ones I wanted less that basic figure cost when i was finished. I have two complete Darktroopers to show for it too!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 26, 2009, 12:52 PM »
These things are totally gone within a few days of them being put out at my area walmarts. I guess I will have to keep ahold of them.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #506 on: August 26, 2009, 01:20 PM »
These things are totally gone within a few days of them being put out at my area walmarts. I guess I will have to keep ahold of them.

Same story here, I am shocked they were put on clearance. It must be store specific as a lot of WM's are remodeling so those specific stores my be clearing inventory because of that. Who knows, but I will be keeping an eye out just in case.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 31, 2009, 01:20 PM »
I checked our local WM this weekend again (they have now done a toy aisle reset), and these are nowhere to be found.  Unless there are more shipments coming or something, this round of sets did seem to be much more limited in release than last year.  I didn't end up getting all five, although I considered it, but the $17 price was just a little too steep for the figures included.  I sort of wanted the Dark Trooper, but it isn't the end of the world if I don't complete it I guess.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #508 on: August 31, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Brian, there is a very trustworthy seller on Rebelscum that is selling these sets for $13 each, he only accepts MO's but I have dealt with him before, he has a ton of FB. Here is a link if anyone regrets not picking these up or missed a few and did not want to pay $17 a pop.

(Staff, if I broke any rules by posting that link my apologies, please remove, I just want to help other members with a great deal. :))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:31 PM by Jeff »

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 31, 2009, 03:04 PM »
So I found the Corran, Maul and Anakin sets all at $9 over the last week, but was having a hard time finding the other two.  I did find them, but this Walmart didn't have them on clearance (even though its the only one to consistently clear things out once they've started to sit....).  So I bought those two at full price.  I'm out really early (paper route) and near the Walmart where I bought the first sets, so I think I'll try and get a price adjustment while I'm there.  At 2 am they do all that right at the register, so I think the cashier might be a bit more lenient with their policies.  At the very minimum you'd think they'd be ok with it because otherwise I could just return them with the higher priced receipts and then repurchase them at the price that store has in the computers (clearance).
I am not the Stig