Author Topic: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets  (Read 130893 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Wal Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I really like (and appreciate) the R2-D2. That is one incarnation of our favorite little astromech that has never appeared as a toy. Granted it only appears in Star Wars for a few seconds, it's still nice to have. Now all we need is the "swiss army knife" version from ROTJ and every possible R2 variation will have been covered.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Yeah, that R2 is great, and appears to have a matte finish dome too!  (Of course, with blast damage, it shouldn't be shiny anyway).
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Actually it does matter, doesn't it?  Don't we have a hood down version at the moment, not hood up?  It's brown in the battle pack, making the single card figure blue would address it perfectly, wouldn't it?

As for the battle pack, they are so completely hit and miss where I am, there is no guarantee I will get it and if I get it from someone else, I'm adding $5-10 to the cost for shipping, so maybe no. 

Well, Hasbro stepped right up and had 2 hood-up version of Hoth Han in the showroom.  The WalMart 2-packs have the blue version, and the Battle Pack has the brown version.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 12:13 PM »
Well, I'll be getting at least four of the six (no interest in the Vader set, and I'm on the fence about Han and R-3P0), but as I don't really care for the C-3PX character, I'll have some spare droid parts for anyone who might want to trade for them.  Still, this is a very interesting idea, and I'm very much looking forward to getting more random astromechs and protocol droids down the line. :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2008, 12:52 PM »
I think the Vader protocol droid is actually one of the best of the bunch.  That and the battle damaged R2 are easily the best of the droid offerings.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2008, 02:44 PM »
I wish C-3PX had more articulation. I might pick up the Vader set & Watto set.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2008, 03:11 PM »
As an astro-droid addict, I'm gonna probably need all of these.  :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2008, 04:27 PM »
I wish C-3PX had more articulation. I might pick up the Vader set & Watto set.

Unless I'm mis-counting, I think C-3PX has 14 points of articulation.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2008, 06:20 PM »
You seem spot on with that Pete, it appears to share 4-LOM parts with a new forearm or shin sculpting here and there.  Tough to argue with that, though his range of motion was a little limited as I recall, but still, pretty poseable.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I have to say, this was one of the reveals I was most excited about this weekend.  I always hoped we'd get a sort of "pilots w/astromech" type of Order 66 packs, and these are very similar.  Plus, the fact that we're getting the "hood up" Han Solo is great too.  I'm a little nervous that these (and apparently, that Hoth BP) are Wal-Mart exclusives, as I really would like to get them all and the WM exclusives have been a bit hit and miss around here.  It seems like WM must have gotten tired of Target getting all the "cool" exclusive Star Wars stuff :).

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2008, 09:46 AM »
I have to say, this was one of the reveals I was most excited about this weekend.  I always hoped we'd get a sort of "pilots w/astromech" type of Order 66 packs, and these are very similar.  Plus, the fact that we're getting the "hood up" Han Solo is great too.  I'm a little nervous that these (and apparently, that Hoth BP) are Wal-Mart exclusives, as I really would like to get them all and the WM exclusives have been a bit hit and miss around here.  It seems like WM must have gotten tired of Target getting all the "cool" exclusive Star Wars stuff :).

I agree with the hit or miss. WM exclusives are very tough to track down. I never even saw the Rebo Band packs. Not that I needed them but I never saw them. I cam across the comic pack once and took full advantage when I did.
When these are released I will be on summer hours so I will be hitting WM right as the doors open everyday. I will try and buy as many as I can and sell at cost to other members.

I am glad WM is getting in on the action, they have the best exclusives this year. Where did you read the Hoth BP is exclusive to them?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2008, 10:13 AM »
I am glad WM is getting in on the action, they have the best exclusives this year. Where did you read the Hoth BP is exclusive to them?

HERE, although I hope that's not correct.  I'd feel better if it was a wide release, and thus, easier to find.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 12:28 PM »
HERE, although I hope that's not correct.  I'd feel better if it was a wide release, and thus, easier to find.

Thanks for the link. That's the first I heard about Battle at B'Omarr Monastery BP. That should be interesting. I hope they do get their exclusives in heavier shipments, the CW statement may help that after all.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 01:27 PM »

Thanks for the link. That's the first I heard about Battle at B'Omarr Monastery BP. That should be interesting. I hope they do get their exclusives in heavier shipments, the CW statement may help that after all.

I totally missed that announcement too. That sounds pretty interesting. It woul dbe really nice to get a pre-droid monk version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2008, 01:31 PM »
  I always hoped we'd get a sort of "pilots w/astromech" type of Order 66 packs

Me too- I remember somebody even customized packaging for an ANH pilot and his astromech set, and they looked great!  Checking out the pics again, I figured that I'm going to pass on the Han and R-3PO; I would rather the battlepack Han color anyway, and although the articulation on R-3PO looks great, I don't like the "candy-apple" red finish on him (much prefer the darker version we already have).  Also, it seems like Luke has a new headsculpt and possibly arms too (and a weathered helmet!), compared to his VTSC sculpt.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke