Author Topic: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets  (Read 131721 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2008, 05:32 PM »
The Wal-Mart near my house had an endcap full of these...I think the only one I did not see was the Kit Fisto set.  I only picked up the Luke/R2 set and do not plan on getting the rest.  If anyone wants the C-3PX part shoot me a pm.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Obviously Minnesota is the only place these have yet to show up at. 

::)  :P  >:(  >:(  >:(  ::)  >:(  :P  >:(  :'(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2008, 10:55 PM »
I found these over the weekend and bought 1 of each set.  I love astromechs (even goofy orange/green ones) plus enough of the repack figures were improved (new gear or new paint aps) that I didn't feel too ripped off buying them for less than $10 each. 

C-3PX turned out pretty good and if his quality/articulation translates to the rest of the B-a-D droids, they should be a great value pack-in.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #213 on: July 1, 2008, 12:55 AM »
That was exactly my take on the C-3PX...  It's outstanding as a stand-alone figure, so it makes the set really outstanding as a value.  The astromechs are nice, R2's new and IMO needed, and the pack-in figures were alright.  Personally I'll be unloading mine, but they're ok.  The droids are outstanding though.  Love Watto's droid and Kit Fisto's.  R-3PO is so different from the Saga figure that the new droid and old droid fit into a hoth set-up well together.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 1, 2008, 01:04 AM »
I still think I'm going to hold out for the brown coat Han from the upcoming battlepack.  Not that I don't think there's reason to have a blue one too, but I only have one scene requiring a hooded Han figure.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #215 on: July 1, 2008, 01:18 AM »
Bah, blue Han's?  Why buy EU? :)

hehe

Han's set is worth it for the R-3PO, nto the Han...  He's a ncie unique droid and doesn't make the original R-3PO outdated really, as the original is so different that they blend in well together.  All the sets are worth every penny IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 1, 2008, 09:52 AM »
I quite prefer the Han actually. I wanted this hooded up version rather than the hood down version. Now that we have both and will have them in both Blue or Brown, we've got that outfit covered. I didn't like the droid so much (though I'm not going to give it up). On the whole these sets were good deals for the price.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 3, 2008, 05:30 PM »
Bah, blue Han's?  Why buy EU? :)

Lol, exactly!  Actually, I wouldn't mind a blue-coated version, partially for the Kenner nostalgia and partly for the somewhat blue lighting in Echo Base if he were displayed in that sort of diorama or scene.

One thing I keep forgetting to mention is how great Luke's flight helmet is.  There is a considerable improvement to the paint scheme compared to the VTAC version.  It looks great on him!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: July 3, 2008, 05:31 PM »
If you want my blue Han, just let me know DB.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 4, 2008, 03:41 PM »
Finally got these earlier in the week.  A friend found a WM with no less than 8 stacks of cardboard trays of DF figures.  Purchased four sets along several of the new comic packs (10 total) and walked away about $400 poorer.  OUCH.  Haven't spent that much at a retail store since I bought my TV.   ::)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #220 on: July 4, 2008, 03:47 PM »
I still have yet to see these guys anywhere. Where are you guys finding them, are they near the regular toy aisles or are they at the front of the store somewhere like Target's Order 66 packs?
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #221 on: July 4, 2008, 06:09 PM »
Ryan,

I found these on an endcap near the SW section, but they did have some with the regular figures at first.

I was going to suggest checking out the newer Wal-Mart South towards Loveland, but you aren't up in Ft Collins this time of year.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 6, 2008, 04:22 PM »
I still have yet to see these guys anywhere. Where are you guys finding them, are they near the regular toy aisles or are they at the front of the store somewhere like Target's Order 66 packs?

I don't know if every Wal-Mart is doing what I saw today.  I did see these sets in the normal toy section on an endcap.  What was odd was there was a different toy aisle near the pet stuff (far away from the main toy section) that had all of their exclusive comic packs there and oddly enough a lot of Indiana Jones deluxe packs.  So, maybe your Wal-Mart does have them in some odd area of the store or not at all?  I am used to there being a clearance aisle of toys far away from the normal toy section but this was not a clearance aisle. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 6, 2008, 09:33 PM »
In WM's around here, they just put them wherever they can fit 'em and it seems to differ from store to store.   ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 7, 2008, 09:46 AM »
At our store they are all on an endcap (in the toy section, near the action figures), and are in the little cardboard "displays" that we've sometimes seen at WM with the basic figures.  Last time I was at our store, they had a whole endcap dedicated to just these.  The comic packs were just with the "regular" comic packs in the aisle.