Author Topic: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets  (Read 131607 times)

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2008, 12:12 PM »
One of my local Wallys still has a handful of these in the Clearance section for $5. I was able to pick up a couple that I held off on initially. But now all I need is the Luke set so I can finish that C-3PX.  He is the only set they dont have.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2008, 12:57 PM »
I found a lone Plo Koon set at WM last night in the Clearance section.  No price tag on it, but the price checker indicated it was $9.96.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2008, 09:03 AM »
I missed the sets since I haven't been to a Wal Mart in a long time. However, I was able to acquire most of the droids and a complete C-3PX for a couple of bucks a piece from a local dealer.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2008, 11:23 AM »
One of my local Wallys still has a handful of these in the Clearance section for $5. I was able to pick up a couple that I held off on initially. But now all I need is the Luke set so I can finish that C-3PX.  He is the only set they dont have.

which Walmart was that? I might have to swing by and see whats left.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 3, 2008, 11:54 AM »
The WM I was at last night had taken the display of these from the end of the isle where its been for about two months now, and put it on the top shelf where only the 6 footers could reach, the thing is they were still at the regular price  >:(  I had been wanting to get a couple more of these, but didn't want to pay full price on them.  Oh well, keep waiting I guess, or if I never see them on sale, that'll be ok too.
I am not the Stig

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Walmart Droid Factory 2-Packs - Wave 2
« Reply #245 on: October 4, 2008, 10:12 AM »
One of the Q&A's from a week or two ago strongly hints at second wave of these coming out next year. Reaction?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Walmart Droid Factory Sets -
« Reply #246 on: October 4, 2008, 10:40 AM »
I'll wait to see who is in the Wave 2 sets before I form an opinion one way or the other.  Another round of these sounds like a good idea for the most part, but there are plenty of ways they could screw it up.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 4, 2008, 10:52 AM »
Cool, maybe this time I'll make it to my local Wal-Mart (the nearest one is half an hour away ::)).
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #248 on: October 4, 2008, 01:53 PM »
New Pilot bodies + their droids = good friggin' idea.  Some new heads on the pilots...  It could yield many pilot + droid combos.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #249 on: October 4, 2008, 10:53 PM »
New Pilot bodies + their droids = good friggin' idea.  Some new heads on the pilots...  It could yield many pilot + droid combos.

For sure. I'd absolutely love to see a nice SA X-Winger (a repack of the new Red Leader) and a droid, an A-Wing pilot set with all three helmet types, a Red B-Wing pilot set, the new Evolutions TIE pilot with some sort of Imperial droid, perhaps a newish Grey Y-Wing pilot and droid. I would be all over sets like that. I also wouldn't mind some seeing some Jawa/Droid and Ugnaught/Droid sets.
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 5, 2008, 09:19 AM »
I like both the Order 66 and Droid Factory sets a lot lately.  Great choices on figures and can't complain about two figs for $10!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 5, 2008, 11:55 AM »
The only thing I wish Hasbro would do is separate the droid factory and BAD lines into OT and PT with relevant droids.  I got both the Luke/R2 and Han/R-3PO and had two parts I had no need for.  Further, some BAD choices do not fit with the trilogy wave itself.  Lucas already tries to ram all 6 movies together; does Hasbro have to do it also?
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #252 on: October 6, 2008, 01:34 AM »
In short, I'd have to say yes...

To LFL and Hasbro, there is no differentiation between the Prequals the the OT...  To them, it's all one property.

I think of it as the way Hasbro treats collectors in general, and what we expect.  To the majority, I'd have to think that the quality of the figure is what's important for the most part, and so Hasbro focuses on that.  There are a minority who want this or that done with the packaging though so it displays better as a "collectible" maybe, but Hasbro generally doesn't focus their efforts there, and thus you get cards that will have bent corners easily or scuffed bubbles easily and whatnot.

Using that analogy...  Sure there's OT and PT fans, and I'd say the majority of the die-hard collectors out there are mostly OT fans, but I'd also say that the fanbase that ONLY like the OT (No PT, no EU), are in the vast minority...  There just arne't many "purists" compared to guys who accept and enjoy it all.  And so Hasbro isn't going to give a minority anything "special" I suppose. 

That'd be my guess...  Same as they won't make packaging extra special/damage resistant for most of their stuff just to appease the minority (or what seem like a minority to me anyway) who like packaged toys instead of opening stuff.

That's what I figure they're thinking anyway...  I could be wrong but their tendencies seem to indicate I'm in the ballpark.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 6, 2008, 09:01 AM »
The only thing I wish Hasbro would do is separate the droid factory and BAD lines into OT and PT with relevant droids. 

Excellent idea.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 6, 2008, 01:59 PM »
Yeah, JJ, your explanation is right on, I'm sure.  I guess the way I look at it is, if they aren't going to mix up films within a wave (for example, the upcoming ANH wave is ONLY made up of ANH characters) then perhaps the BAD should be ANH also.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke