Author Topic: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets  (Read 130885 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #450 on: August 10, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Stopped by a Wal-Mart yesterday that had at least 6 of each set the other day and they were all sold out. Never thought I'd see that
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #451 on: August 10, 2009, 04:04 PM »
Stopped by a Wal-Mart yesterday that had at least 6 of each set the other day and they were all sold out. Never thought I'd see that

These are no where to be found in the Chicago area. They hit and sold out before you could blink.
Glad I got them and sold/traded my extras. I have 2 complete Darktroopers, they look pretty mean together despite the 90's design and MOTU builds.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 10, 2009, 04:24 PM »
These are no where to be found in the Chicago area.

The sets are very small.  I actually walked by them at first before it sunk in - at least in my case.  Was shocked to even find them.  They had about 5-6 full sets out.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #453 on: August 10, 2009, 04:27 PM »
These are no where to be found in the Chicago area.

The sets are very small.  I actually walked by them at first before it sunk in - at least in my case.  Was shocked to even find them.  They had about 5-6 full sets out.

That's the deal, it's either 3-6 sets that stores received and that's it. Buy them when you see them.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 10, 2009, 08:03 PM »
I hit a couple of WalMarts looking for these today.  And I haven't seen a sign of these sets at some half dozen stores that are near me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 11, 2009, 10:54 AM »
Around here, you have to pick them up on sight since WM Exclusives are so hit and miss. Last time, these hit once and that was it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #456 on: August 11, 2009, 11:13 AM »
I was hoping to pick up multiples of a few of these, but haven't seen even one set!  I don't know if just some stores are not carrying them, that would actually explain at least part of the price jump this year - the fewer sets ordered by WM the higher the price.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 11, 2009, 06:49 PM »
I had to hit 3 different stores to get my sets and that was with help from others on the boards. At 2 of the three locations, I had a sales guy look up item count at their store and other stores (just look for a guy with the hand held scanner and give him any one of the UPC codes - they can tell you how many are in stock at neighboring stores).  Both of the guys that looked them up said they were flagged "Do Not Replenish" which means that's all they are getting.  These are expensive, but if you want them I would try to grab them ASAP.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #458 on: August 11, 2009, 08:39 PM »
I hit a couple of WalMarts looking for these today.  And I haven't seen a sign of these sets at some half dozen stores that are near me.

That's odd since I thought you always find stuff before me.  Or do you always have trouble with WM exclusives?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #459 on: August 11, 2009, 10:24 PM »
I got my set tonight.

That's, as far as I'm aware, the first sighting of these remotely in the East Coast area and I'm right on the fringe of said area.  I found one full set, one set missing Fett/Droid, and an extra Corran Horn (go figure), which says to me I got there in the nick of time to get my full set.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 12, 2009, 06:33 PM »
I just saw these today at Walmart.

At $10 each, I'd briefly entertain buying the full set of 5.  (Clone cash coupons, thank you)

At $17 each, I left them all.

Who the hell made the figure selections for these sets?  Anakin looks terrible, the SBD looks terrible, the Grievous was corrected by Legacy's version last year yet they used the old 2005 version, I didn't need another EU Boba Fett, I really didn't care for any of the droids.

The 1 figure I wanted: Corran Horn.  Why?  Well, gee whiz, because it's new and I don't have it yet.

If I'm going to pay $17 each for a 2 pack, it sure as hell better be army builders I want or new figures.

But instead Hasbro just regurgitated a lot of junk into these and sold them for top dollar.  It makes no sense.

Now, I want the Darktrooper.  It's a new mold, and we'll see it again.  Probably more than once.  So I'll pick it up at that point.  I'm not spending $85 on junk to get it, and if it turns out the Darktrooper is never released, I'll  attach $85 in cash to a REAL stand and put it next to the previous version of the Darktrooper on my shelf.

Because this is insanity.

$85 can get you this:

Or this:

Or this:

click me

I don't think many of us need help in determining which doesn't belong.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:29 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2009, 10:13 PM »
Knowing Dressel Rebel, I'm afraid to click the 'click me'. :o
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 12, 2009, 10:16 PM »
Knowing Dressel Rebel, I'm afraid to click the 'click me'. :o

Don't worry, it's rated "G".

No, not for "graphic".  For "general audience".

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Salokin

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2009, 03:33 AM »
I just saw these today at Walmart.

At $10 each, I'd briefly entertain buying the full set of 5.  (Clone cash coupons, thank you)

At $17 each, I left them all.

Who the hell made the figure selections for these sets?  Anakin looks terrible, the SBD looks terrible, the Grievous was corrected by Legacy's version last year yet they used the old 2005 version, I didn't need another EU Boba Fett, I really didn't care for any of the droids.

The 1 figure I wanted: Corran Horn.  Why?  Well, gee whiz, because it's new and I don't have it yet.

If I'm going to pay $17 each for a 2 pack, it sure as hell better be army builders I want or new figures.

But instead Hasbro just regurgitated a lot of junk into these and sold them for top dollar.  It makes no sense.

Now, I want the Darktrooper.  It's a new mold, and we'll see it again.  Probably more than once.  So I'll pick it up at that point.  I'm not spending $85 on junk to get it, and if it turns out the Darktrooper is never released, I'll  attach $85 in cash to a REAL stand and put it next to the previous version of the Darktrooper on my shelf.

Because this is insanity.

Please send this in an email directly to Hasbro.  You have basically NAILED IT with this - and yes, I signed up here right now so I could request this!  You would be doing us all a HUGE favor!  This price with desirable figures - OK, with rehashes (and bad paint - did you see Anakin???) - bleh!  Since it's 5 droids, one Corran and one DT new, it's really $12.14 per figure.  Look Hasbro, we don't like being played for suckers.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 13, 2009, 11:58 AM »
Since it's 5 droids, one Corran and one DT new, it's really $12.14 per figure.  Look Hasbro, we don't like being played for suckers.

Not to be sticking up for Hasbro, because I do agree that these should have cost a little less, but that's a pretty dishonest thing to suggest.

You can't sit around saying that "we're being played for suckers" when you have the very simple option to not buy these.  Additionally, Wal-Mart probably has something to do with the price being what it is.