Author Topic: Vehicles: Do You Buy Them?  (Read 8781 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicles: Do You Buy Them?
« Reply #30 on: January 7, 2009, 08:56 PM »
I think a better AT-ST would be better received than a new AT-AT.  The AT-ST has more potential all the way around.

-Room to be upgraded.  It can be upsized to featured a larger cockpit
-There's less plastic involved in upsizing the AT-ST
-It can ship in a significantly smaller package than the AT-AT, and package size is a great determinant in whether or not something can make it to retail.
-You can pack in a hero figure!  You could go with either Chewbacca or Han Solo in AT-ST Driver disguise as a pack-in to help drive sales.

doont forget the two awsome ewoks. ;)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 8, 2009, 10:23 AM »
I think a better AT-ST would be better received than a new AT-AT.  The AT-ST has more potential all the way around.

-It can ship in a significantly smaller package than the AT-AT, and package size is a great determinant in whether or not something can make it to retail.
-You can pack in a hero figure!  You could go with either Chewbacca or Han Solo in AT-ST Driver disguise as a pack-in to help drive sales.

Can't disagree with anything there, but I think the At-At would have a bigger "coolness" factor. They can certainly trick it out like the BMF.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 8, 2009, 11:13 AM »

doont forget the two awsome ewoks. ;)

Ewoks/schmee-woks, Hasbro will totally repaint and rerelease last years Endor-Action Logs!

Seriously though, I think a upsized and upgraded AT-ST would be really great.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: January 8, 2009, 12:30 PM »
The AT-ST can be done to-scale completely without any problem, so I'm more in favor of it...  The AT-AT actually isn't really all that important when you think about it.  There's little interaction with characters in the movie, especially "heroes", and ultimately I think that's a factor.  The AT-ST at least gets a lot more screentime.

Personally though I'm biased too...  The AT-AT is simply too large to ever be done full sized, and while it could be improved, it never would be something I'd ultimately appreciate. 

I don't look at the AT-ST as "a big item of the future", as AT-ST's are small, but I surely support the AT-ST getting made over the AT-AT at this point.  AT-ST's simply would be doable to-scale no problem, and that gets my attention immediately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77