Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 1 (2008)  (Read 33904 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 1
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2008, 01:07 AM »
I keep forgetting that both the Legacy and Clone Wars are on those white stormtrooper/clonetrooper helmet backgrounds.  I got it in my head that it's just Clone Wars stuff that is on a white background.  I will have to figure that out by 7/26!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2008, 09:16 PM »
So i decided to try my luck again at the same target a few hours later. I was hoping to see a different shift. Anyway...Clone Wars wave 1 complete.

Sadly these were full price. The one thing i did notice (again once i got home) that the R2 and Clone Trooper do not have the first day of issue sticker.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline nheimbigner

• Youngling
  • clone 5x
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2008, 08:35 PM »
LOOSE PICS!! :) ;) :D ;D 8)

im getting obi-wan and yoda from the new battlepacks and rex from the redemption offer! 8)

LMKWYT
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:06 PM by Jeff »
.o0O0o.

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Nice! Those look awesome.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:29 PM by Jeff »

Offline nheimbigner

• Youngling
  • clone 5x
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2008, 09:04 AM »
.o0O0o.

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars 2008 Wave 1
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2008, 01:09 AM »
What is Anakin's rope thing? And how do you use it?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2008, 11:52 AM »
For those of you who might have both of them, how big is the difference between the mail-away Rex and the regular retail version?  With the Clone Wars, I think I'm just going to buy one of each character/figure (aside from double ups from Battle Packs), and I already have the mail away Rex and I'm debating if it is worthwhile to get the "regular" version.  I might end up getting it anyways, we'll see, but I was curious if there was any big reason to.  I know it is supposed to be "dirty", but I wasn't sure how different it was.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2008, 01:10 PM »

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:47 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2008, 01:17 PM »
What is this?

EDIT: Sorry, wasn't thinking. Nice pics.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:02 PM by smartsoccerbb »

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2008, 01:22 PM »
What is what?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2008, 02:56 PM »
For those of you who might have both of them, how big is the difference between the mail-away Rex and the regular retail version? 

Not much...  I bought the retail version so I could compare them and the only real difference is that the mail-away comes with the smaller clone blaster while the retail version comes with the long rifle, a missile, and the grapple hook attachment for the rifle.  Both come with two small pistols.

Yes, the retail version is "dirty" but it's not that big a difference really... 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2008, 03:47 PM »
For those of you who might have both of them, how big is the difference between the mail-away Rex and the regular retail version? 

Not much...  I bought the retail version so I could compare them and the only real difference is that the mail-away comes with the smaller clone blaster while the retail version comes with the long rifle, a missile, and the grapple hook attachment for the rifle.  Both come with two small pistols.

Yes, the retail version is "dirty" but it's not that big a difference really... 

Thanks for the info Jeff - I'll probably hold off on picking it up for now.  Actually, I don't know if I could find one in town here anyways - Rex, Yoda, and Grievous seem to be the ones that are sold out everywhere last I checked.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #102 on: August 4, 2008, 01:00 AM »
I decided to buy a few of these in the last week. I own Yoda, Grievous, holo Grievous, Clone Trooper, Captain Rex (retail version), and Anakin. Out of all of them, Anakin is probably my favorite. The gimmick can be easy detached (or never put on his arm at all), the rappel line thing would be really neat if I played with these, and he just looks like a hero.

I'm really liking this line. Can't wait for Plo Koon.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 4, 2008, 09:36 AM »
While out and about this weekend, I grabbed a Clonetrooper and Battle Droid.  Now I'll just have to pick up Yoda and Grievous and that will complete Wave 1.  I think that this line has sort of pulled me in.  Like I said, I just plan to get one of each unique figure for their own little display, but I like them for what they are.  Like others, I can't wait for the Plo Koon figure - one of my most anticipated figures of the upcoming waves of both lines.

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
R2 and Obi Questions
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2008, 11:42 PM »
First of all, I'd like to say the sculpts in this line are really outstanding.  As a fan of animated style figures (I loved the first Clone Wars line too) these are great.  However, I am disappointed by the lack of leg articulation on Obi Wan and Anakin.

Anyway, I have a couple questions.

First, on R2 the panels on mine don't stay fully closed.  In pictures on the web the front panels appear to be fully closed and not impact the look of the figure too much.  But on mine the stick out quite a bit when I try to close them.  Is this normal or is there some trick to getting them to stay closed?

Second, how on earth fo you launch Obi's missle?  This is just a curiosity as I pretty much have no use for action fieatures, but I don't see any buttons on it.

Thanks!