Author Topic: Wal-Mart Exclusive 30AC Comic Packs  (Read 40971 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Wal-Mart Exclusive 30AC Comic Packs
« Reply #30 on: January 9, 2008, 05:32 PM »
A good friend of mine grabbed for me 2 each of the Keller and Boba Fett sets and 1 of the Sep of the Twins set.

He said there were a bunch of the first two sets but only two of the Sep of the Twins set on the pegs. Odd.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 9, 2008, 06:39 PM »
A good friend of mine grabbed for me 2 each of the Keller and Boba Fett sets and 1 of the Sep of the Twins set.

He said there were a bunch of the first two sets but only two of the Sep of the Twins set on the pegs. Odd.

The twins sets are short packed.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 9, 2008, 08:23 PM »
The twins sets are short packed.

Ah, that makes more sense.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 9, 2008, 09:43 PM »
But the babies are now different colors  :P

Luke's eyes are open this time around, too, in case anyone cares. :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 02:31 AM »
One Walmart in my area got in a lot of these at once.  I don't know if they'll even get a second shipment in.  I picked up 6 Keller sets for myself, and 4 for friends - and there will still 10 of those left. 

Went back tonight, all gone but a few Fett sets.  Did hit another Wally that had one Fett and one twins set, picked the twins set up for another collector.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2008, 12:02 PM »
I found the wally packs today.   I hit four wallies and came back with nothing.  I went back to the first wally I hit with the family and the pegs were packed with them. go figure.  they were 9.88 each so thankfully no price hike yet.   that finishes 07  now bring on 08.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2008, 09:28 PM »
So it never fails, I ended up getting the Keller/Marine set from Chewie only to find about 8 at my local Wal-Mart this afternoon.  I had never gone to this WM before (just moved to this area recently) and was returning some of my kids' duplicate Christmas gifts.  Granted, they only had about 2 of the Boba set and none of the Twins set, but they had a ton of the Keller ones.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2008, 10:20 PM »
So it never fails, I ended up getting the Keller/Marine set from Chewie only to find about 8 at my local Wal-Mart this afternoon.  I had never gone to this WM before (just moved to this area recently) and was returning some of my kids' duplicate Christmas gifts.  Granted, they only had about 2 of the Boba set and none of the Twins set, but they had a ton of the Keller ones.

Wish mine had that problem. I haven't seen any of these yet. I need 5 Keller sets. :(
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2008, 09:17 AM »
I checked this weekend, and our local WM is pretty packed with the last few waves of Comic Packs (anything from Wave 1 to the Hobbie/Fel pack).  I don't know that we'll be seeing the exclusive packs anytime soon.  I'd really like to get the Fett set, and probably the Keller one as well, so hopefully they won't be too tough to get a hold of eventually.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Wal-Mart Exclusive Comic Packs
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 10:24 PM »
I just got a good look at the 3 new Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs at RS.....man they really suck big Rancor Balls! The Wookie & Trooper is a decent repaint set. But the red caped, peg warming VOTC Lando with a Blue forearm Stormtrooper is a real bottom of the barrel srappings set. How can I forget, we also have the horrible slashing Anakin with the ROTS Dooku with new cape, another peg warming homerun! In my opinion, Wal-Mart got the shaft on these 3 sets. 2 of these 3 are very easy passes for me.

What are your thoughts?

Between the Clone wars line and these sets it's becoming easier to pass on items and have more focus with my $$$$ towards large items like the AT-TE & the 25th GIJOE line.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:52 PM by Jeff »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart exclusive Comic packs
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 10:27 PM »
*ugh* more sets exclusive to WalMart? When the regular Comic 2-pack line features some real gems, it's almost embarassing when they put out stuff like this along side it.
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: More Wal-Mart Exclusive Comic Packs
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 01:47 AM »
Even the Wookiee, while neat, is not great, nor is a ****** repaint of the BARC Trooper...  If that's what WM wants, more power to them...  The first and last sets are attrocious to me, and the middle one I wouldn't cry if I missed it. 

Yay!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2008, 02:14 AM »
While I love the Comic Packs I can easily pass on these.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 02:55 AM »
Lando looks pretty good, and the other two (while not terrible) are redundant for me and thus I pass with no guilt.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 09:33 AM »
If the BARC Trooper featured a cammo deco or a green tint (LIKE EVERY OTHER Kashyyyk themed trooper to date) then that set would make sense. Right now, it looks like nothing more than a Commander Neyo figure.  :-\
Peter