Author Topic: Five Movie Waves This Year  (Read 13254 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Five Movie Waves This Year
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 01:01 PM »
Off the top of my head, here's what I'd like to see -

TPM - not happening, but wouldn't mind a new Jar Jar, new Gungan Warrior, Nemoidian Pilot, new Naboo Guard (yellow), new Naboo guard (red), new Obi Wan Kenobi, Gella Twins

AOTC - Cliegg Lars, Beru Lars, Owen Lars, Dooku's Pilot Droid, Kamino Clone Kid 2-pk, new Taun We - each of the Lars could come with the basic moisture vaporator with their own unique attachments to it

ROTS - Nute Gunray, new General Grievous, new Magna Guard, new Padme (Leia hair buns), Midwife Droid

ANH - new Rebel Fleet Trooper, new Grand Moff Tarkin, new Owen Lars, Wiosely, Tonnika Sisters (not happening)

ESB - new Bespin Guard (two skin color/head variants), new Hoth Rebel Trooper, new Ugnaught 2-pk, new Hoth Leia, new Hoth Luke, new Bespin Han, new Zuckuss

ROTJ - not happening, but would like to see a new Gamorrean Guard, new Emperor, new Ree Yees, new Royal Guard, new Wicket, new Ackbar (heck this might be a decent vintage wave if they ever make those again)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:02 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 01:09 PM »
I wouldn't mind a new Jar Jar as well. Lots of people hate his guts, including myself, but there's nothing we can do about the fact that he plays a big role in TPM and therefore deserves a decent figure.

I'm sorry, I just got a big chuckle out of that statement, Robo!  This mentality is part of the reason I stopped buying anything in Star Wars that I truly dislike.  To spend hard-earned money on something you hate...
I'm not going to preach about this, but I just like to say that you don't have to accept something into your own personal "canon" or whatever just because somebody says you should- yes, even Lucas himself!

Anyway, I hope for a filled ESB wave that encompasses both Hoth and Bespin, and has a great BAF droid like a re-scaled ESB 2-1B of the size similar to the recent ROTS one.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 05:28 PM »
I wouldn't mind a new Jar Jar as well. Lots of people hate his guts, including myself, but there's nothing we can do about the fact that he plays a big role in TPM and therefore deserves a decent figure.

I'm sorry, I just got a big chuckle out of that statement, Robo!  This mentality is part of the reason I stopped buying anything in Star Wars that I truly dislike.  To spend hard-earned money on something you hate...
I'm not going to preach about this, but I just like to say that you don't have to accept something into your own personal "canon" or whatever just because somebody says you should- yes, even Lucas himself!

Touche! Not to get off on a side topic here, but I'm totally in line with this kind of thinking. When people complain about aspects of the Expanded Universe or whatever, they just accept it begrudgingly. The great thing about Star Wars is there is so many different takes and stories that you can put together a universe all for yourself. That's why to me, Anakin Skywalker does not have a padawan during the Clone Wars and Darth Vader does not take on an apprentice so soon after ROTS - neither situation to me meshes with what has been previously established and is being shoehorned in for the sake of telling one small story within an entire saga. So I'll overlook these aspects, enjoy the rest of the story and not let it effect the bigger saga. Ok side rant over :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:28 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 05:36 PM »
The Last 3 waves I believe is ANH, ESB, and EU

I would like to  the following

ANH

SA Wedge Antilles - didn't hasbro said he is coming this year
Bom Vidim
Another Cantina Alien
Tarkin  
Jawa with WED Droid
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Death Star Droid (Silver)

ESB

Zuckuss
Toryn Farr
Luke Hoth or Snowspeeder
E-3PO
Hoth Rebel Soldier (fingers crossed)
Admiral Piett

EU

Chewbacca as Snoova (SOTE)
Dash Rendar (SOTE)
Kasen Moor (Rogue Squadron)
Boron Fel - corrected (Rogue Squadron)
Spacetrooper - isn't this not coming this year? (Dark Empire, I think)
Luke as Imperial Guard (SOTE)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 08:59 AM »

I can't help but agree with this statement. Just as long as it's one, well done one and not five.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 10:17 AM »
I'm buy a new Jar Jar.  Don't really care for the character all that much, but I'd still like a new one.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 12:56 PM »
There are so many EP1 characters that need to be redone. Senator Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Pame Naberrie, Tarpels, Jar-Jar, Panacka, Naboo royal soldier & guard, Adi-Gallia, Gungan soldier among others.

I really want to phase out my old ones, they are getting to a level of POTF2 outdatedness. I think they put EP1 to rest long enough. I am surprised I am saying this, but I hope to see a nice chunk of EP1 figures and vehicles get some much deserved attention next year. A reissue of the Naboo fighter weathered from EP2 would be a welcomed repaint in my book.

I really just want a good Han Bespin above all else but I would settle for a Tarpels.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 01:30 PM »
I tend to agree that its time to update the episode 1 figures with more of todays standards. I think we need a new Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, and Jar Jar
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 04:02 PM »
SO NOW WE WAIT TIL COMICON.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 06:24 PM »
I tend to agree that its time to update the episode 1 figures with more of todays standards. I think we need a new Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, and Jar Jar

I for one would love that. I am one of those few Star Wars fans that actually likes TPM and I do not mind 10 year old Anakin OR Jar Jar Binks at all.

I think an entire wave of updated TPM Collection 1, Wave 1 figures would be great:
Anakin Skywalker
Jar Jar Binks
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Qui-Gon Jinn (just re-release the new Evo figure w/a new lightsaber)
Queen Amidala (Padme in her outfit from the assault on Theed)
Battle Droid 2-pack
Darth Maul (re-release the first Evo version w/a Cloth Cloak and half lit lightsaber)
Padme (disguise while she was on Tatooine)

And then a second wave dedicated to re-doing selected TPM Collections 2 & 3 Wave 1 figures:
Senator Palpatine
Nute Gunray
Watto
C-3PO
Chancellor Valorum
Captain Tarpals
Oom-9
Naboo Pilot (first version could have a Ric Olie head and then after that, it could be used in Battle Packs and other sets to give us additional Naboo Pilots)

I also think next year is the time when we should finally get a re-release of the N-1 starfighter.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 06:50 PM »
3PO... that's a figure from EPI that definitely needs a resculpt.

Looking back at EPI stuff, about the only figures that really seem to have good versions and don't need resculpts are the following (in my opinion at least) -

- EP1 TC-14
- EP1 Watto
- EP1 Graxol
- EP1 Coruscant Amidala
- EPI Gasgano
- POTJ Boss Nass
- POTJ Security Battle Droid
- POTJ Sebulba
- POTJ Theed Amidala
- POTJ Shmi
- POTJ Fode & Beed
- SAGA Teemto Pagalies
- POTC Rabe
- POTC Queen Amidala
- POTC Yarua
- ROTS Blue Senate Guard (maybe re-release him with the EP1 helmet)
- TAC Destroyer Droid (yeah not technically this is not the EP1 version, but who cares)
- TAC Pit Droids
- TAC R2-B1
- Evolutions Darth Maul
- Evolutions Qui Gon Jinn

I'm sure there's a few I'm missing, but you can also include Jedi like Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Ki Adi Mundi, etc. that probably don't need to be remade for EP1 since they've had better versions come out since then for their ROTS appearances (finally!!).   Same goes for Battle Droids, though it's always nice to see them on the pegs.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:51 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 08:58 PM »
There are some TPM figs that hold up very well (Watto comes to mind) and some that just don't (3-PO is the worst offender).  I would love to see a TPM wave that looks something like this:

SA Obi Wan
SA Darth Maul (because really, that Evo one could be so much better)
Ratts Tyrell and Family
Holo Sidious atop spider walker thing
Little Clean Up Federation Droids 2 pack
Return to Naboo Padme
Naboo Pilot w/ trench coat
Battle Droid Pilot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 09:38 PM »
We're doing Phantom Menace Wishlists starting Friday!  So start thinking up ideas :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 12:34 AM »
I thought E1 3PO held up arather nice with the depth of the sculpting, actually...  Could stand an articulation upgrade now that I see what they did with IG-88, but I thought he was ok.  :-\  Watto I agree on too, but again if they could upgrade his poseability I'd take a new one...  Be cool if his tool on his belt was removable also.

I'd say there's a ton of figures I wanted resculpted though from E1...  The Naboo Guard and Soldier both need resculpts, Panaka, Battle Padme, Jar Jar, Obi-Wan, Tarpals, Gungan Warrior (nice figure, needs more articulation), battledroids (always)...  Lots of E1 figures need redone at this point.  I think Obi will top a lot of lists, with Panaka and Padme close behind.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 02:31 PM »
According to the Q and A update from 4 inches.de (thanks Matt), it sounds like one of the other Legacy waves this fall will be a ROTS theme (again):

As we know Hasbro had planned to release a Stass Allie figure within the first 2008 basic figure wave. It seems that this figure has been withdrawn at short time. What can you tell us about that figure? Is it a new sculpt figure? When will she be released, if ever? As a figure mold should already exist is it possible to get a picture of it? (4-".de, 02/27/08)

The idea was to update Stass Allie with a nice quality articulation model and a great sculpt. However, the sculpt didn't turn out as we expected so we went back to the drawing board and pulled the figure until we could get her in again. We will be getting a new Stass (who looks great!) into the line-up in the EpIII-themed wave of the Legacy Collection this Fall.

So, I guess we're looking at a ROTJ, Clone Wars, and ROTS wave (so far) for the Legacy Collection this year.  Looks like it could be a pretty light year for OT collectors.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:31 PM by Brian »