Author Topic: John Williams - Crystal Skull soundtrack - May 20 (SPOILERS)  (Read 6140 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull soundtrack
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Has anyone picked up the KOTCS soundtrack yet? How does it compare to the other three Indy movie soundtracks? Is this one of Williams's better soundtracks? Anything memerable?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: John Williams - Crystal Skull soundtrack - May 20 (SPOILERS)
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 09:59 PM »
After listening to the soundtrack it's very much in keeping with the style of Raiders of the Lost Ark. There are alot of pieces taken directly from that soundtrack. It's a very quiet feeling soundtrack with occasional Indy, Marian and well of the souls pieces spliced here and there. There is even some mariachi type music in there. The alien pieces remind me of the scene in ROTS where Palpy is confessing his sith envolvment to Anakin or when the Ark is burning a hole in its crate. All in all the music does fit in with the other Indy soundtracks.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: John Williams - Crystal Skull soundtrack - May 20 (SPOILERS)
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 11:10 PM »
Oddly, the music really let me down.  Do I remember Mutt's Theme?  Nope.  The Russians?  Nope. Like the prequel soundtracks, Williams is too subtle these days.  The music doesn't seem harcater driven, but action driven.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com