Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures  (Read 37281 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2008, 02:21 PM »
I assume it is as it's new decoes on the figures as was discussed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2008, 08:49 AM »
The latest Entertainment Earth catalog has a pic of the deluxe Mutt Williams with motorcycle.  Looks pretty nice.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2008, 11:51 AM »
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:05 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Here's a bigger scan, courtesy of me. :)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2008, 02:13 PM »
So no rush to get Indy/horse, I can take my time waiting for one with decently painted eyes. 

Also worth noting the Cairo thugs appear to have different paint washes in this photo as well.  Wonder how the Mutt will sit on the bike (as in well or poorly)?   

Stupid question: Did Indy swing over a spiked trap in KOTCS?  I don't remember it happening, but that doesn't mean it didn't. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2008, 02:45 PM »
That's a RotLA Deluxe set.  It's supposed to be the pit Indy and Satipo swing over in the Temple when they're after the Idol.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2008, 02:53 PM »
The Mutt does look decent, and might be one of the only Mutt's I buy if he's heavily articulated.  The bike doesn't look to be very similar to the German cycle.  I noticed a certain genericness to it that I figured would be for re-use as other bikes, but either this one's got a lot of extra stuff to fancy it up, or it's a new bike.

It's funny that I got my catalogue yesterday and didn't even notice the Indy figures in it... 

I'm a little disappointed that this is only one new deluxe figure announced.  I was hoping we'd see a Raiders bike w/sidecar, or some more trap-like sets.  I suppose they're maybe not going to keep the Deluxe line running for very long though.

The thug 2-pack is great and I'll gladly pick up two of those.  Would like more arm articulation at least, but still it's a neat set.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Mutt looks the same to me other than the hands and perhaps a new head sculpt... I hope those glasses are removable... but who knows.  If they are, and it's a new head sculpt I'll get a few. 

It's too bad they didn't update the forearms/hands on the thugs... maybe they can be swapped with some compatible Star Wars arms...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2008, 03:11 PM »
That's a RotLA Deluxe set.  It's supposed to be the pit Indy and Satipo swing over in the Temple when they're after the Idol.

E...

D'oh!  Thanks.  I didn't remember ever seeing skulls at the bottom of the pit (or ever seeing the bottom of the pit for that matter) or seeing a free standing tree in the tunnel either, so I assumed it was from KOTCS.  I guess it makes sense from the rope on something and swinging over something to be ROTLA but it's a bit of a stretch to me. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2008, 03:20 PM »
The bike doesn't look to be very similar to the German cycle.  I noticed a certain genericness to it that I figured would be for re-use as other bikes, but either this one's got a lot of extra stuff to fancy it up, or it's a new bike.

It shouldn't be too similar to the German cycle given Mutt was riding a Harley in the movie.  I doubt that Hasbro went to the trouble of getting the license to put Harley Davidson on the bike, but one can hope.  Looks to be a V-Twin but I don't remember Mutt's bike having foot pads like that.  Nit-picky, yes, but I do like the bike overall. 

I'm guessing the sunglasses don't come off (don't remember him wearing them in the movie) but that certainly resolves the issue about googly eyes (yeah, I'm obsessed).  I'll probably buy this one, as much for the bike as anything. 

Also disappointed in not more deluxe variety.  Maybe they're being sensible and seeing how these sell first.  I know they've got some response from pre-orders by major retailers, but I'm not seeing monster movie displays like with previous movie (Hulk, FF) releases, so the stores are being cautious and Hasbro is too I guess.  I'm kind of wondering if they might not release the sidecar separately with another German soldier in the basic line?  A bit of a stretch in some respects given they could almost sell it as a deluxe, but they've done large accessories in the past in the basic line as we all know.  That could help explain the holes in the side of the current bike.  Then you have the option of having the sidecar or not having the sidecar.  Meaning you need at least three of the German soldier with motorcycle:
1. German with motorcycle, no sidecar
2. German with motorcycle to pair with the single release German in sidecar
3. German with motorcycle, single release sidecar, Indiana Jones to ride bike, Henry Jones Sr. to sit in sidecar. 

Best to hop to it and buy up some more German's with motorcycle. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2008, 03:24 PM »
I'm a little disappointed that this is only one new deluxe figure announced.  I was hoping we'd see a Raiders bike w/sidecar, or some more trap-like sets.  I suppose they're maybe not going to keep the Deluxe line running for very long though.

I'm glad that they are making a Mutt w/Motorcycle figure, and I look forward to picking one up as well.  I'm a little disappointing that this (and the Thug two pack) are the only new ones shown, because - like Jesse mentioned - I'm guessing the Deluxe line won't go much past the end of the year (if even that far).  I just really hope we get a Indy/Henry Sr. with Motorcycle and Side Car pack at some point, so hopefully there is another wave or two on the way.  Short Round w/mining cart would be a neat pack too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Yeah Brent, I don't see any similarities comparing the two bikes right now...  I would've guessed Hasbro to use one base and just add things to it in true Hasbro cheapness style, but it seems they actually tooled up a new bike.  Now I'm wondering what year Harley this may be based on...  Possible WOrld War 2 conversion bike is what I'm thinking here. ;)  How in the hell will I make the Tommy sheath on the right though.  Hmmm...

Pretty slick if it's all new as it appeared.

The thing I was thinking about was that the German bike isn't terribly accurate, but at the same time it's so generic that it really looks pretty decent still.  It's not a BMW or other make, you really just can't tell what it's supposed to be exactly, but it could be a BMW...  I figured the genericness was going to translate at some point to a Mutt bike actually, but it seems they did go the extra mile on this one.  Kudos to Hasbro then.

Now I want them to do the Monkey Man's bike.  Come on, you know you want it!

EDIT:  I'd add too that I'd be disappointed if they don't do a wholely separate German w/Sidecar in desert colors at some point...  The current bike's clearly the TLC figure while the Germans in Raiders had desert paintjobs, and sidecars (I don't recall if they had MG mounts or not).  I'd really like to see a repainted dessert bike with sidecar at some point...  One desert rider would be great and I'll buy a basic or two-pack to make the sc rider, but a rider with goggles on would be nice as a pack-in figure for it.

Indy/Henry w/sidecar would be nice then for the TLC release, but that'd be one hefty deluxe set...  Two figures, a good sized vehicle...  I almost expect to see battlepacks at some point.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 03:33 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2008, 03:47 PM »
Don't worry Jesse, I know historically speaking you'll know lots more than me.  I was more looking at the general shape of Mutt's bike and with the V-Twin in there, plus the tank shape they've done a good job on the bike even if no Harley logo.  Funny thing with the German bike I couldn't figure out the manufacturer based on any bike characteristics, so it really does seem generically done, though I'm betting someone has a reference photo somewhere. 

I'd be ok repainting the sidecar if they released it singly, to match the grey bike.  Geez, I'd even repaint the grey bike if I had too, but the rider would be all sorts of whacked by not being in desert fatigues. 

Battlepack?   :-\  I'm only leery because we see maybe half the battle packs released up here and when we do, they jack up the cost on us to stupid levels.  I'd be really, really pleased if they did some battlepacks with the bike + sidecar and 3-4 figures in each.  I'd prefer to see the four figures + bike w/sidecar rather than just three figures.  But who would you include beyond the obvious selections?

ROTLA: Desert fatigues German rider/sidecar companion, bike/sidecar and ________________
TLC: Henry Jones Sr., Indiana, bike/sidecar and _______________

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2008, 05:32 PM »
I'll pick up the Mutt with bike, but I'll probably have to pick up the Jacketed version of him now too, if only for a headswap since I don't recall him wearing glasses (or gloves) in the movie either. Mutt figures are the only basic figs I see that always have a decent paintjob, so eh.

I don't think the Deluxe line will end at the end of the year though... I recall Hasbro saying during a Q&A that they had "big plans" for the Horse sculpt, so I have a feeling we'll get the Joneses and Sallah and Brody on horseback from TLC, and maybe Vogel and Elsa? I think they got to the Grail entrance by horse as well, but I don't remember.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2008, 09:35 PM »
I'll get that Mutt.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m