Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures  (Read 37287 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures
« Reply #45 on: May 2, 2008, 10:52 AM »
I haven't gone through everything I picked up yesterday, but I was just curious, is there supposed to be a "ticket to adventure" form with the deluxe figures.  I found them in the Adventure Heroes and basic figures, but I didn't happen to see one in the three deluxes I've grabbed so far.  Just wondering - maybe there wasn't a mail in for this line and I'm just forgetting that.

The promotion is actually two parts. The first part is advertised on all of the products and that's the "My Indy Adventure" contest sponsored by National Geographic. The grand prize is your own Indiana Jones - type adventure to exotic locations.

The second piece of the promotion has three sub-pieces and is tied specifically to getting an exclusive mail-away item for the line.
  • For the 12" line, you can mail-away for a 12" scaled Ark of the Covenant
  • For the 3.75" line, you collect any 6 relic stickers (this is akin to the VTSC/VTAC UGH silver sticker concept) and send away for a Crystal Skeleton Figure on a Throne (I'm assuming this is a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull figure)
  • For the Adventure Heroes line, you can mail-away for the Indy & Horse set.

So while the Deluxe figures do advertise the contest for the "My Indy Adventure" piece of the promotion, they do not come with any mini relics or relic stickers which are needed for the 3.75" mail-away part of the promotion.

Hope that helps explain things a bit better.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 2, 2008, 12:45 PM »
I've got two sticker sheets filled up now.  Almost three.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 2, 2008, 02:44 PM »
Did anyone buy the Indiana Jones with Temple Trap (ROTLA) deluxe figure.  I pulled mine out and before opening I was looking it over.  It looks like he doesn't have a thumb on his right hand.  That's a wee bit too much of an homage to the vintage line for me.  Anyone else have this problem? 

I'm certainly not opening it until I check some other versions at stores.  The pain is this is the only jacketed Indy I could find without moogly eyes.   :-\

Oh and I haven't opened any figures, so I don't know if the mail away promo even exists in Canada.  There's no marking on the packaging and the packaging is trilogo. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #48 on: May 2, 2008, 06:57 PM »
The thumb is there, but it's bent down against the palm as if the hand is holding a gun.  The regular ROTLA jacketed Indy has the same thing, so does Dovechenko.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 2, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Oh, ok.  I'll take a closer look but mine really looked like it wasn't there at all.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 2, 2008, 09:18 PM »
I just opened up my Temple Pitfall and Temple Trap deluxe figures - these are great sets. I would have preferred that the Indy figures had better articulation, but you can always substitute the figure you get with a regular jacketed RotLA Indy figure.

I also opened up the German Soldier w/Motorcycle - not only is the motorcycle fantastic, but the figure is great too, if you are picking and choosing what you buy with this line, I HIGHLY recommend picking up this deluxe set before any other.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: May 2, 2008, 09:27 PM »
  • For the 3.75" line, you collect any 6 relic stickers (this is akin to the VTSC/VTAC UGH silver sticker concept) and send away for a Crystal Skeleton Figure on a Throne (I'm assuming this is a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull figure)

Yep, I used to have a picture posted of it but Hasbro sent us a request to pull the image.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: May 2, 2008, 09:44 PM »
The line's got nice figures but I'm with Brent thus far.  The paintjobs are iffy at best.  The arabs tend to have better paintjobs and I felt the Germans were nice (I hate the genericness of their caps, but whatever).  Marion's a so-so figure overall, and almost eveyr figure has bad paint aps.  Some of the KotCS figures are better overall but really the Indy's are the worst for whatever reason, and it doesn't matter if they're deluxe or basic.  I got a passable basic SA Indy tonight at WM...

I used the coupon at Target to get some Deluxe and a SW figure, so that was cool.  Now they just need to put out the German truck and German car...  I'll pick those up and hopefully some basic figures to use the coupon and then I think I'll turn to WM which has better selection around here so far.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 2, 2008, 10:01 PM »
Did anyone buy the Indiana Jones with Temple Trap (ROTLA) deluxe figure.  I pulled mine out and before opening I was looking it over.  It looks like he doesn't have a thumb on his right hand.  That's a wee bit too much of an homage to the vintage line for me.  Anyone else have this problem? 

I'm certainly not opening it until I check some other versions at stores.  The pain is this is the only jacketed Indy I could find without moogly eyes.   :-\

Oh and I haven't opened any figures, so I don't know if the mail away promo even exists in Canada.  There's no marking on the packaging and the packaging is trilogo. 

I just picked up an Indy and Sallah at a Wal-Mart in New Brunswick and Canada does have the promotion as well, it's written on the back of the card in small print. What I'm wondering is if it matters if you combine tri-lingual stickers with the normal english ones as I'll likely end up with a mix of both.

As for the figures themselves, they're both great! Looks like I've got yet another toy line I've been hooked into.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2008, 10:28 PM by Greedo, The Green Menace »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 2, 2008, 11:09 PM »
Ah cool, thanks Greedo.  I didn't notice it yesterday and the sticker isn't on the deluxe it seems.  TRU corrected their error on the deluxe up here and are now up to $16.99.  Bummer too because they had out Indy w/horse and the motorcycle too.  Would've been nice to snag those at the $9.99 price point I paid for the other deluxe. 

I spent a chunk of time tonight looking at the figs really closely and I've come to the conclusion that Indy is definitely the worst.  I did find the whip action basic figure without googly eyes but in searching I noticed that the paint apps around the mouth on Indy figures are pretty generically awful as well, so I had to watch for that too.  I found the jacket ROTLA Indy basic fig that wasn't too bad, though he's got a lazy eye versus the googly eye.  I'll keep him carded for now in case they bring out something with better paint apps.

I've also noticed the German soldiers, including the motorcycle version, all have monstrous heads.  Anyone else feel that way?  Plus the non-motorcycle German soldiers are suffering from some bad eye paint apps too - really bad. 

I agree with Jesse that the Arabs seem to be the best of the bunch, but I passed on the Sallah figures there because the eyes were shoddy on them as well.  Even the Monkey Man figure was super variable.  I sort of started breaking my rule of waiting to get these in the US for $3 less per figure because I really feel I need to see the paint apps.  There isn't a consistently well done figure, so ordering online is a really iffy proposition.  So I snagged the Monkey Man, Cairo Swordsman and the whip action Indy tonight. 

While I'm griping, I thought the whip action Indy had a pretty major sculpt issue too.  It's pretty clear you're supposed to see his chest with the open shirt.  But they sculpted the collar into the flesh part as well.  Then they did the neck indentation as well.  Paint apps I can understand, but that's just brutal quality control on that sculpt.  I know no kid is ever going to notice, but collectors definitely will.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 4, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Finally got around to opening up the Indy w/Horse set. This is also a great set. The horse has some pretty impressive articulation and stands very well. Indy also sits very well on the horse.

The two deluxe sets where it's a figure and a vehicle/animal to ride are by far my favorite two deluxe sets.
Peter

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 5, 2008, 10:16 AM »
So given Jeff's, Scott's and some other reports, it appears that decent looking ROTLA-jacket Indy's are out there.  With that in consideration is there any point in keeping the temple trap Indy figure? 

I originally bought it so that I could have a decent looking Indy, but if they aren't all googly eyed, I have no real need of the temple trap feature.  Is the sculpt any different (better or worse) than the other sculpt.  Obviously I don't want to open it up to compare, but if I can return this and pick up the Indy with horse instead, that would be preferable.  I've no need of being complete on this line.  Opinions?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 5, 2008, 06:29 PM »
The Indy w/Horse figure is definitely your best bet in terms of getting a good Indy figure.

If you can't use the spare Indy figure in a diorama or display, then I'd return the Temple Trap set.
Peter

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 5, 2008, 07:22 PM »
Yeah, I really like the ROTLA Indy I picked up.  It does not have the whacky paint apps on the eyes.  I bought the Indy/Horse set and there are no problems with the paint apps on mine either.  Good thing because it was the only set on the pegs.  The horse is great.  You can put into all sorts of poses with the articulation.  The whip does not stay on the loop the best but if you let it alone it will stay there.  The Indy is pretty good by himself except that he does have the wider legs that will look funny standing him up.  But he's fine for draggping under the troop car and hanging on the truck grille and sitting in the truck. 

I finally found a few German 2 packs and bought 2 sets.  I finally got found the Cargo truck after 5 stores did not have them.  God that thing is great!  It looks awesome with all the Germans on it.  Of course I need to buy a few more single pack Germans to fill it.  Of course the German/motorcyle set is again great for $10. 

The Marion/Henchmen set is great for the price.  Same Marion plus a repainted Cairo Swordsman for $5.  Marion does not really have a good likeness of Karen Allen but it serves the purpose well.  No crappy paints apps on her that I saw.

I skipped the Indy/Ark, Temple, and Pitfall sets for now.   

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 9, 2008, 02:44 PM »
Is anyone else having a tougher time finding the Indy/Horse and German/Motorcycle deluxe sets?  I know that I've seen a number of you that have found and picked these up, but I haven't seen any sign of them.  I was looking forward to these the most of the deluxe sets I think, and preordered some on HTS as backup (not shipping until July according to them though), but hopefully they'll start popping up at retail here soon.  Honestly, as far as I remember, I haven't seen the Indy w/trap sets either - just the German soldier 2 pack (which sells out), Indy with Ark, and Marion and Cairo thug sets.