Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures  (Read 37452 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures
« Reply #60 on: May 9, 2008, 03:07 PM »
I think they sent all the deluxe up here Brian.  No problems here with any of the deluxe you mentioned other than the Indy/horse set has those damn eyes.  Honestly, if I saw a good one (or a marginal one) I'm buying but I looked again early this am and nope, great googly moogly. 

On the other hand, for the most part aside from one store we haven't seen any KOTCS stuff.  I did score both Indy's from that movie, but only Mutt was there after that. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 9, 2008, 03:44 PM »
I haven't seen that second half of the Deluxe sets yet but I know my WM had them on May 2/3... one guy in town wiped them out.  Target hasn't had the Horse/Pitfall/Motorcycle/Trap sets yet but has had the first three restocked at least once since the initial sellout on May 2nd.

I'm really looking forward to the Horse and Motorcycle sets and I still need to pick up one or two of the German 2-packs to go with the truck when I get it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2008, 01:45 AM »
I've seen all Deluxe, and should've bought some of them when I had the chance.  The "playset" type sets are all gone, as are German Bikes, and Indy w/Horse.  You see a smattering of Marion/Arab but it too goes quickly, and I see German 2-packs (ironically) the most.

Which is nice because I'll take probably two more of those and a figure to use a coupon.  Fill the truck up with them schmucks.  It displays well with a couple hanging on the sides and a couple getting out the back to do the same.

But man, none of the rest of Deluxe since that first day.  I'm surprised too because I'd have thought the "sets" would've pegwarmed. 

I see Indy w/Ark sporadically with the Marion/German sets, but he's sort of like Marion in that he goes fairly quickly.  It is one of the better Indy figures I suppose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2008, 07:14 PM »
I have seen all of them but the motorcycle and horse sets seem to be a bit more scarce than the others.  Then again there a zillion Targets and Wal-Marts in my area so it's easy to find this stuff. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2008, 07:21 PM »
Picked up the Indy w/ Ark at TRU. Good set, although I felt a little underwhelmed in terms of value. This could've easily been released as a basic figure. The figure is really nice though, love how the whip clips on to his belt, and the soft goods are actually done very well here.

I'm thinking of picking up the German 2-pack, now that's a good value.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I checked a couple of Targets and a TRU this weekend to check their deluxe sets, but there wasn't much new.  TRU didn't have any (still), and Target had a mix of the Marion, German 2-Packs, and Indy with Ark sets.  I still haven't seen the trap sets, Indy w/horse, or German w/motorcycle sets at retail yet.  The deluxe do seem to be selling the quickest overall around here though, although everything seems to be doing fairly decently.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2008, 11:52 AM »
I'd say start checking your Wal-Marts Brian... I've seen at minimum 20 of each set from the second wave (German on cyclem, etc)...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2008, 12:17 PM »
I'd say start checking your Wal-Marts Brian... I've seen at minimum 20 of each set from the second wave (German on cyclem, etc)...

Yeah, I've thought about stopping in there again.  I went to WM on May 1st, and they just had the same 3 I've been seeing elsewhere, and I've been back there once since then and they were sold out.  It might be time to check them out again, I just hate going to Wal-Mart :P.  I'm sure these will all show up in nice numbers throughout the summer, but with the SW drought right now there isn't much else I'm looking for (except maybe the TRU TIE, which our store hasn't had yet) so I've been on the lookout for these.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2008, 01:40 PM »
I just saw about 3-4 of each one at a Target while on lunch... I could get you some if you want.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2008, 02:17 PM »
I finally found the rest of the Deluxe figures while I was out of town this weekend.  I found them at TRU and a couple at a Wal-Mart.  I picked up the Indy w/ horse set along with the truck at TRU. 

One Target I stopped at actually didn't have any single carded figures at all and they had stocked Deluxe on every peg but all they had were the Marion/Arab, Indy/Ark and German 2-pack, none of the rest.

I almost bought the motorcycle but didn't.  I'll get that later.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2008, 10:29 PM »
One Target I stopped at actually didn't have any single carded figures at all and they had stocked Deluxe on every peg but all they had were the Marion/Arab, Indy/Ark and German 2-pack, none of the rest.

That's been my experience at a couple of different Targets now.  I wonder if there's some assortment that Target's getting with just those three sets in it.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2008, 10:38 PM »
My experience as well, however it expands to pretty much every store I visit...  No Motorcycles around since the first couple days, no Indy/Horse, no Indy/traps...  Just the 2-packs and Indy/Ark.  Not bad sets, but I would have really liked to see those other ones at Target, ya know?  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2008, 10:38 AM »
It really seems like the Deluxe portion of this line might be the most popular - at least in my area.  All the stores are either sold out, or near it, and I noticed at HTS this morning that every single one of their listed deluxe sets are "out of stock".  With the basic figures sitting at $7+ each, maybe people are just looking for the better deal :).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2008, 01:37 PM »
The Deluxe line is definitely a better deal.  Two figures or a figure and a huge accessory for $10?  It's a no-brainer. 

I bought Marion on the first day half because I wanted the figure and half because I wanted the relic.  Still haven't opened her and I'm really thinking about returning her and just getting the 2-pack with her.  Honestly, I can't see why anyone would really buy that figure instead of the Deluxe set.  I guess a complete set of carded figures is the best reason...otherwise why bother?

Same with the German figures.  I thought the German would sell through because he's an army builder but when compared with the 2-pack, again, why bother?  Spend $20 and get 4 German figures, way better deal.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2008, 03:01 PM »
I followed CHEWIE's advice and hit our WM, and found the Indy/horse and German/motorcycle deluxe sets.  They also had the trap sets, which were tempting just because the face/paint on the Indys were pretty good.  I might pick one up eventually, we'll see.  I hit TRU after that to grab some baby formula, and they had the new deluxes as well.  It looks like both stores have restocked pretty well with Indy stuff.