Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures  (Read 37297 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Nice!  Glad you found them.  My area Wal-Marts have been very good at stocking pretty much everything Star Wars since the ROTS launch in 2005, and they've been great with Indy stuff too... as soon as it starts selling through, BAM!  They restock with new stuff.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2008, 11:13 AM »
  I guess a complete set of carded figures is the best reason...otherwise why bother?

Only reason would be the relic in the little box and whether you want them all or any of the specific ones that are in there.  Unfortuantely Marion comes with the headpiece to the Staff of Ra.  A not insiginificant piece relative to the Indy line.   :-\  Don't remember what's in the single pack German soldier box though. 

I completely agree otherwise; I bought the Marion two pack and the German two pack and have yet to pick up the single carded versions of either.  I still think I might for the German because he's different enough (isn't he?) and maybe Marion yet unless someone wants to give up the piece? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2008, 12:14 PM »
Don't remember what's in the single pack German soldier box though. 

The Sankhara Stone (from Temple of Doom).  Funny how two important props from the films ended up in those two otherwise undesirable basic figures, while the Indy figures came with generic "diamond" or "dagger" type things.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2008, 12:18 PM »
I hate to say it, but I'm half tempted to buy the single carded Marion and German Soldier just for those pack ins as well.  Not that the figures are bad (I mean, having another soldier is no biggie), but I thought I was saving money by buying the deluxe packs.  We'll see I guess.  I think the only other "basic" figure I've passed on - off the top of my head - is the Mutt in t-shirt, but I'm thinking about grabbing that one now too.  We'll see.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2008, 01:15 PM »
The only reason i want the whipping action feature indy was for the grail tablet.  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2008, 01:34 PM »
Don't remember what's in the single pack German soldier box though. 

The Sankhara Stone (from Temple of Doom).  Funny how two important props from the films ended up in those two otherwise undesirable basic figures, while the Indy figures came with generic "diamond" or "dagger" type things.   :P

I knew you'd come in here and cover my ass in your role as fountain of knowledge.  Geez, I don't even go looking for stuff anymore because I know you'll know.   :D

Yeah, I'll probably by both.  Another soldier is easily manageable.  Marion though?  Yeesh. 

My only real concern is that down the road they'll release a battlepack or different Indy figure (or Toht or bar Marion) that comes with the headpiece.  I'm 93.4% certain that if I buy the current single carded Marion that will happen.  If I don't buy the single carded Marion, it'll never be seen again and value will skyrocket on ebay. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2008, 02:37 PM »
I really do like the boxed artifacts, but they're mostly too big.  I'm thinking most of the props (like the stones) will be out in due time as regular accessories (like the crystal skull and golden idol already are).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2008, 03:26 PM »
If it's any consolation to anyone, the German is different from the two 2-pack Germans, so he's at least unique.  Makes stomaching the purchase a little easier.  Plus who is gonna sit in the German car?  You almost need 3 so one can hang on the side of the truck and 2 go into the car, right?

The thing with Marion, if anyone cares, is her head fits perfectly onto the Juno Eclipse body...  If anyone's interested, it makes a nice 2nd female Imperial figure.  Simple custom filler for the shelf if that tickles your fancy.  The Russian chick fits the same way, and her legs actually fit the grey Juno Eclipse sculpt perfectly without painting so you get the accurate jagdpur riding pants too instead of the straight-leg pants.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Too bad it wasn't two different Ciaro Henchmen.  I would have bought two sets, at least.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2008, 08:34 PM »
My Wal-Mart restocked yesterday with a ton of Deluxe figures.  Multiple Indy/Horse, Mortorcycle and various dio sets were all on the pegs.  That was about it, though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2008, 10:10 PM »
I saw most of the Deluxe figures last night.  They all look pretty good, but I decided to abstain.  I'm trying to space out my IJ purchases.

I've actually been wondering what else might make it into the Deluxe line.  Some quick ideas?

-German soldiers on motorcycle w/ sidecar - ROTLA
-German soldiers w/ crated Ark - ROTLA
-Willie Scott w/ lava cage - TOD
-Indy w/ mining car - TOD
-Thugee w/ mining car - TOD
-Young Indy w/ horse - TLC
-Indy & Henry w/ motorcycle & sidecar - TLC
-Mutt & Indy w/ motorcycle - KOTCS
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:10 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2008, 02:12 AM »
The same thing showed up here E, as I popped into WM tonight.  Though I'm trying to do most of my purchases at Target, I couldn't pass up a German on the pseudo-BMW, so I nabbed one and a KotCS Indy w/Crystal Skull figure because it had decent eyes and I've not seen this INdy in a while.

They did put out some KotCS basic figures though along with the large allotment of Deluxe (Horse/Traps/Cycle sets).  If only Target would stock like this, however they've not restocked since Day 1 release stuff, and I think some still haven't got their Indy crap out on the pegs even.  It's sad.

I'm pondering trying to get a Coupon-acceptance at Wal-Mart at this point.  If Target doesn't want my cash, so be it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 02:54 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2008, 07:39 AM »

That's just smart marketing on Hasbro's part.  They know everyone is going to buy the figures of Indy regardless of what relic comes with them.  At the same time, they also know that many people may decide to skip the carded Marion and German Soldier figures because the can get them in the deluxe sets.  So ... they give collectors an extra incentive to buy the carded versions as well.  In doing this, Hasbro has us by our collective balls.  Quite brilliant, actually.  Hell, I had no interest in the Irina Spalko figure, but I ended up buying one when I learned that it came with the crystal skull relic.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2008, 07:54 AM »
I find that many of the relics are not in scale with the line so they are an easy pass for me.  They are just something I can trade or sell away.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Most of these look really good and I'm tempted to pick up a fair amount, namely the Indy/horse, Indy/Arc and Indy/Idol set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."