Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures  (Read 37289 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2008, 01:13 AM »
I like the Mutt w/Motorcycle and I'm glad their doing the Cairo Henchmen/Thugs 2-pack - I will get at least two of those.

I think there will be a good number more deluxe sets, even if it's just figures combined with previously released vehicles/animals.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2008, 02:29 AM »

I'm wondering if Mutt's bike could be converted into this easily. :)  Not for IJ of course, but for my own selfish need of a Harley in World War 2 colors.

Here's some German bike photos:

I'm not terribly familiar with the German bikes of WW2 as I think there were a couple manufacturers but they were generally similarly designed, maybe to a military specification.  I do know BMW's was probably the most common...  And that the models pictured above were almost never seen without the sidecar, at least not in use by the military. 

I was just pondering tonight though all the deluxe possibilities...

The mentioned horse packs would all be possibilities.  I could see Young Indy with horse too, as didn't he pilfer a horse at the start of TLC? 

I could easily see the motorcycle with sidecar for desert and "panzer grey" too of course.  I'd be cool with just getting Indy with the bike and "dad" with the sidecar or something, if that's what it took to work. 

I'd dig getting more playset type pieces like the jungle traps though.  The swing is a tad dorky, but it fits to the other trap and that makes it a bit cooler.  A knights tomb would be neat though, that maybe connected to a catacombs hallway trap or something.  It doesn't even have to be film accurate, I just dug the way the idol trap is a functioning "puzzle" and a playset.  Even with inaccuracies, it's pretty neat to me.  I'd dig seeing that extended then to film settings as well as some made up stuff even.  If they could cobble together characters like Sapito, Indy's pilot buddy, or other minor characters as pack-ins, more the better then to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Glad to see Mutt getting his own style bike.  I had already pealed all the bags and blankets/overcoats from one of mine.

As far as German Bikes go, from first hand experience of having one at one time, there were at least a half dozen manufacturers of motorcylces the Germans used throughout the war.  It was not all Military contract either, they conscripted civilian bikes of all types and sizes to make Mobile War...

Not all bikes had sidecars in fact they were actually 50/50, even the big models went side car free. 

The bikes in Indy are more likely Urals or Jawas (yes Jawa) they are post war bike made in the "Style" of the WWII German Bikes.  They even had the "Suicide Shifter" on the tank.  The only reason I don't think the TLC bikes are BMW or WWII is that they are too light.  NONE of these bikes had the torque or power to "Pop a Wheelie" and the wheels are too small (very Dirt bike)  I assume that is why they are covered with blankets/overcoats.

I think Mutts could very well be a WLA Harley, but I would guess it is an trying to be an old Panhead or Flathead or at least that is the look.

If they make a Horse Pack, though I would prefer a different head sculpt.  The head sculpt is suitable for an Arabian horse, small narrow, dog like, but if they do the TLC horse, that thing is an American Horse, most likely Quarter Horse or Morgan (the preferred US Cavalry Mount).

But I'll take what they give as long as we get different colors...I'd take a bay, a chestnut or a buckskin if they'll make color variants..

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2008, 11:59 AM »

^ That's a custom job by Nick_Macarty at RS... but thought it might be appreciated here.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2008, 12:14 PM »
That is an awesome custom, for a minute there I thought it was really from the vintage line that maybe I missed something
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:48 PM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2008, 06:23 PM »
I'll pick up the Mutt with bike, but I'll probably have to pick up the Jacketed version of him now too, if only for a headswap since I don't recall him wearing glasses (or gloves) in the movie either.

Mutt wears the glasses and gloves in the comic adaptation, FYI.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2008, 11:14 PM »
I was really looking forward to getting Mutt with his hat from the movie, but it doesn't look like it's included. Kind of a bummer... :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2008, 01:07 AM »
Yeah, that's a bummer for me too.  I was holding out on a Mutt fig for that reason.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 1, 2008, 01:49 PM »
I was not holding out for that reason alone but it would have been a nice addition.  Especially to differentiate between the carded Mutt version.  I sure hope they make Indy and Henry Jones with the motorcycle/sidecar fairly soon.  That's the main deluxe item I have been wanting to buy. 

I assume they will make some sort of deluxe mine car with some character from TOD.  I just hope they keep all the deluxe sets at $10. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #129 on: June 2, 2008, 10:05 AM »

^ That's a custom job by Nick_Macarty at RS... but thought it might be appreciated here.

That is very awesome!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 6, 2008, 09:38 AM »
I noticed that the Cairo Thug two pack is up for preorder at HTS.com (shipping in August, according to them) - for anyone interested.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 6, 2008, 02:44 PM »
TNI has carded and loose pics up of the Mutt w/cycle and Cairo thug two pack.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 6, 2008, 07:50 PM »
From the wishlist thread...

10. Crocodile (SA with ripped clothing and/or Thugee body parts)

I think that's an awesome idea and something I think would be great for the deluxe line.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 9, 2008, 05:16 PM »
^ Yeah that's a fantastic idea!

How about some sort of inside of the train from Last Crusade...

- Young Indy
- crawl ramp (or whatever it's called)
- two boxes full of snakes, etc.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2008, 02:11 AM »

I'm wondering if Mutt's bike could be converted into this easily. :)  Not for IJ of course, but for my own selfish need of a Harley in World War 2 colors.

I presume you're trying to do something like this?

Looking at Mutt's bike, it seems doable.  But there are plenty of military add-on parts that would need to be fabricated to get this kind of look.  The windshield was optional, but things like the Thompson holster are very unique to the US military Harley's of WWII.  This particular Army model has saddlebags, but the Navy version that I saw at the Art Of The Motorcycle exhibit had metal storage boxes.  Still it seems like an interesting project.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback