Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles  (Read 53076 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles
« Reply #60 on: June 3, 2008, 11:26 PM »
Tonight I saw, and bought, a 4WD at Wal-Mart...  Ironic we were talking about it, and bam, there's one waiting for me right after pay...  Nice.  That gives me two, so I'd like two more to customize into various war-accurate decoes and mods.  Very nice vehicles.

What line are you buying these from, the Ultimate Soldier stuff?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: June 3, 2008, 11:28 PM »
No, the Indiana Jones vehicles...  I'm customizing a couple though for the 1:18 military toys I collect, yes.  I got two for Indy, and I'm hoping to get two to paint.  They're pretty spectacular molds from Hasbro so they work great with XD stuff since they're vehicles yet to be covered by them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 4, 2008, 12:21 AM »
No, the Indiana Jones vehicles...  I'm customizing a couple though for the 1:18 military toys I collect, yes.  I got two for Indy, and I'm hoping to get two to paint.  They're pretty spectacular molds from Hasbro so they work great with XD stuff since they're vehicles yet to be covered by them.

Oh cool - thanks for the clarification. Part of me was hoping that you had stumbled on some XD stuff that would work as vehicles with the Indy figures.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: June 4, 2008, 12:58 AM »
Well, technically any of it would since it's World War 2 era stuff...  There's Jeeps and Kubelwaggens from 21st but they're not cheap and not in production any longer.  There's U.S. trucks too (two variants), some artillery...  Stuff that fits into the timeframe generally but nothing specifically from the films, no.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: June 4, 2008, 01:02 AM »
What about a good bi-plane in the 3.75" scale? 

Like maybe something that looks like the one from the beginning of RotLA or the one Jr & Sr take off the blimp/zepplin in TLC?
« Last Edit: June 4, 2008, 01:02 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 4, 2008, 01:03 AM »
I picked up the Cargo Truck the other night at WM. I had seen a 4WD earlier in the day but when I returned it was gone, so I got the Cargo Truck. A fine vehicle it is, but my one complaint would have to be that you can't sit figures in the cargo area. Well, you can, but it's hard to do since it's so low.

I definately want the 4WD but I fear that if I do pick it up I'll need to buy more Germans to fill it up... thank goodness for that Deluxe set.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: June 4, 2008, 03:33 PM »
I'd love the bi-plane...  I'd think they could make it too, so that they could add wheels to it for the zeppelin scout plane as well, but I'd definitely love to see the seaplane from the opening of Raiders.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 4, 2008, 07:20 PM »
I don't think that I missed out on the 4WD Car at WM.  Target had the Truck and Jungle Cutter tonight and I thought I missed out again but I just checked EE.com and they show three vehicle packs; Truck & Car, Truck & Jungle Cutter or Car & Jungle Cutter.

I'm assuming my stores got the Truck and JC cases.  Maybe I'll see if I can find a HTS.com discount code and order one online.  Probably end up being cheaper than hitting WM and Target every day.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: June 4, 2008, 11:26 PM »
Yeah, I wish I'd find cars and trucks at Target.  That'd be a dream at the moment to use coupons. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: June 6, 2008, 05:32 PM »
I thought maybe I could get a hint or two on plans for future vehicles via the Q&A this week...  no dice.  :(

3. Most folks are gobbling up the German Truck, Troop Car, and Russian Jungle Cutter from the Indy vehicles line. What can we expect to see from the vehicle line as the summer goes by? Will we have to wait long for something new to join the line or should we settle into expecting just those three for the summer?

** That will be it for the vehicles until later in the Fall. It's still too early to tell when the next one will be available, but we should have more info at Toy Fair.

Good news I guess for those of you trying to find/buy more Trucks and Cars, sounds like they will be shipping for a while...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 6, 2008, 07:52 PM »
More info at Toy Fair? As in NY Toy Fair? As in...next year? :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 6, 2008, 11:53 PM »
The answer is kinda confusing, they say that there will be more vehicles in the fall with details announced at Toy Fair. Well this Fall takes place BEFORE the next Toy Fair. I think they "mis-spoke" with their answer and probably meant SDCC. I can't imagine that we won't see the entire ToD wave and the next KotCS wave at SDCC. If the vehicle is KotCS themed, then I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the new vehicle along with the 2nd wave of KotCS figures.
Peter

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 7, 2008, 12:03 AM »
They probably meant SDCC but there are fall toy fairs.  They just aren't as big as the Febrary show.

Hasbro always brings some impressive things to SDCC, though, so I'm sure we're going to see a lot of neat stuff even if a few items get leaked beforehand.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 7, 2008, 12:42 AM »
Yeah - another thing to keep in mind is that they showed half of the RotLA wave at SDCC last year, right? So that was seven months before the figures hit the shelves. So I think there's a strong chance that SDCC will reveal a lot of what Hasbro has planned for late 2008 and early 2009.
Peter

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #74 on: June 7, 2008, 08:07 PM »
Yeah, I am, however, bummed that the sidecar motorcycle set won't be out until 2009.  It would have made sense to have that this summer with the first TLC wave, as that's the most iconic image in that movie.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com