Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles  (Read 53160 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles
« Reply #75 on: June 8, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Yeah, I am, however, bummed that the sidecar motorcycle set won't be out until 2009.  It would have made sense to have that this summer with the first TLC wave, as that's the most iconic image in that movie.

So I guess that set will be Indy w/Motorcycle that has a sidecar? And then you can put the Henry Jones Sr. figure in the sidecar? Is that how we are meant to interpret their answer.

Why is it that sometimes we need to hire that guy from a Brilliant Mind to decipher their answers. It really is silly. But like I've always said, they have to be cryptic 'cause afterall, we might start spending our money on Mattel's Star Wars line and Bandai's Indiana Jones line.  :P

I guess it's good to know this now, it means I'll want to grab an extra Henry Jones Sr. figure so I can have one to display in the sidecar if/when it comes out.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 8, 2008, 02:09 PM »
They don't actually even hint at who might come with a motorcycle w/ sidecar.  They just say that Henry will not come with it as he's in the basic line.

ActionFigs.com: This question comes up quite a bit, so here goes. With the Indiana Jones line, will you be making another deluxe German Motorcycle, one that comes with a sidecar and perhaps Henry Jones sr.? Good way to reuse a few molds and get something new and desired into collectors hands, and it looks like the motorcycle we currently have was designed to accommodate a sidecar.

Hasbro: We do have plans for a sidecar version in 2009, but Henry Jones will be coming on a basic figure card later this year so we wouldn't include him with the motorcycle.

I guess we could either get an Indy figure with cycle and sidecar or we could get a Raiders German w/ cycle and sidecar that could also be used for the Last Crusade version.  Remember, the current motorcycle is technically a LC version.  For whatever it's worth, I don't really care what figure they pack in, as long as it has a sidecar I'll pick one up.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 8, 2008, 06:34 PM »
Good point, there was a German Motorcycle w/Sidecar in the Cargo Truck chase scene in RotLA.

However, the motorcycle in RotLA was a completely different motorcycle than the ones in TLC, so if they do the set from RotLA, I think they only thing that they MIGHT be able to carry over is the sidecar to attach to the current deluxe figure motorcycle. Which would be okay. The only thing I would be worried about is the fact that the only Indy I can seem to put on the current German Motorcycle is the Indy from the Horse deluxe set. If they were smart, they should do the following:

Deluxe Figure #1: German Motorcycle w/Sidecar from RotLA with German Soldier driver (you can use one of the other German soliders to put in the sidecar itself)

Deluxe Figure #2: German Motorcycle w/Sidecar from TLC using the previously released TLC German Motorcycle and the side car from the set I mention above packed with an Indy figure that uses the body from the Indy w/Horse set and the head from the TLC Indy figure. You can then put the Henry Jones Sr. in the sidecar.

I would also love to see them release the Monkey Man and his motorcycle as a set too. Motorcycles with drivers are to the Indy line like Speederbikes and pilots should be to the Star Wars line. Reasonable deluxe figure combos with great play value for the kids and cool display pieces for the collectors.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: June 8, 2008, 06:47 PM »
That Indy would technically be inaccurate however...  TLC Indy's got his necktie on I believe, throughout the chase.  Could be wrong though but I thought he did.  Hopefully they could just use the horse Indy's legs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 8, 2008, 11:31 PM »
Yep, he's got his tie on during the chase.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 9, 2008, 08:26 AM »
That Indy would technically be inaccurate however...  TLC Indy's got his necktie on I believe, throughout the chase.  Could be wrong though but I thought he did.  Hopefully they could just use the horse Indy's legs.

You're right, my bad. Good catch.

So in light of this correction, I would hope that they make a new version of the TLC figure w/the necktie and re-using the Indy w/Horse pelvis and legs.

Of course if they were giving these figures ball-jointed hips like Commander Gree, we wouldn't have to worry about the width of the figure's stance.  ;D
Peter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2008, 12:39 AM »
Courtesy of the CoolToyReview crew...  Cargo Truck, Version 2!

Now with Fabric Canopy and "Streets of Cairo" Box/Diorama.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2008, 01:09 AM »
I'm there...  Wondering "why?" at the moment, as this seems like an odd choice for Hasbro to do, but still I dig it for my military dudes, so I'm there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2008, 02:32 AM »
Eh, the fabric is cool, but not enough to get me to drop another $20 on the same vehicle.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2008, 09:42 AM »
Nice.  Kind of wish they'd done this first.  I'll probably pass, still looking for the 4WD car.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2008, 09:44 AM »
I kind of wish they had done this first as well, I kind of like the fabric top.  I don't know if I'll pick this one up or not.  I'd like to have it (as with the other Indy vehicles), but I keep telling myself I have to stay away from vehicles outside of Star Wars, because I barely have room for those the way it is (a problem that will get worse in July :P).

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2008, 09:46 AM »
I just broke down and bought the truck and now they put out a better version, just my luck.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2008, 05:05 PM »
Seeing the version of the truck designed around that scene really makes me want baskets and some Cairo homeless people. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2008, 05:10 PM »
This is a pass for me.  Just not different enough.  I wish the'd have spent money on a dirtier paint job, and piles of explosives.  Who knows. maybe I'll pick it up, but I'm not excited...

But...anyone else think we might get a rocket sled?  It could be pretty cool, and, like the trooop transport, come with some equipment, such as that control console that sets the whole thing off.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:07 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2008, 09:51 AM »
I too am curious as to why they just didn't release this version first. Oh well. I wish they were focusing on other vehicles from KotCS instead of this, but I can't blame them for wanting to get a second release out of the mold. It's not like they don't do that with Star Wars vehicles.  ::)
Peter