Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles  (Read 53158 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Is the first truck a hard top version?  Pardon my ignorance, but I wasn't following that closely. 

Yes, the first version has a hard plastic canopy on the back of the truck while the second version has a fabric canopy.

First Version (Ark Truck):

Second Version (Cairo Truck):

Most of the truck's features are the same, it's just the colors and the canopy that are different.  If I have time tonight I will try to post some pictures comparing the two if you'd like...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 03:55 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2008, 04:28 PM »
Yeah, that would be cool, thanks.  No rush though.  I'm going to guess the second truck isn't going to make it north of the border though, so I'd have to find it down south if I did at all. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2008, 04:43 PM »
I'll probably buy it for diversity's sake.

Some guy on Ebay's been repainting IJ vehicles and selling them to the 1:18 military crowd, and man they look damn nice in German tri-camo...  He adds "foliage" to them ala trucks on D-Day trying to hide from air attacks, and they just look really sharp then.  :)  Did the same with the bikes too...  Very nice looking.  Too bad we'll never get a bike with a sidecar though...

Thanks Hasbro!  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #108 on: October 1, 2008, 09:22 PM »
I don't think it's Hasbro's fault.  There really is not a hude market for this.  What is a shame is that if a smaller company had the line (Say Art Asylum) it would still continue.  But hasbro needs huge numbers to make a profit.

I'll miss the bike and sidecar and mostly, a Minecar, but I'm happy with what we've got.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 2, 2008, 12:16 AM »
I don't think it's Hasbro's fault.  There really is not a hude market for this.  What is a shame is that if a smaller company had the line (Say Art Asylum) it would still continue.  But hasbro needs huge numbers to make a profit.

I'll miss the bike and sidecar and mostly, a Minecar, but I'm happy with what we've got.

Its really hard to say if there is a hude market or not, without know what a hude market is.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 2, 2008, 03:13 AM »
I just ordered the soft-top truck from Hasbro Toy Shop. I doubt I'll ever see it locally and since I'm not collecting the line to have a MIB/MOC set, I really could care less what shape it comes in as long as the toy is okay.

I also ordered the Mutt Williams w/Motorcycle deluxe and the Akator playset. I used the PONY10 code and basically got everything coming to me for only a few dollars more than retail. Better than continually checking the IJ toys locally only to find nothing I need.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #111 on: October 4, 2008, 01:14 PM »
HUDE--you know, really, really bid!  Or Digantic.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #112 on: December 2, 2008, 01:57 PM »
I hit up my local TRU over lunch today and saw an exclusive Jungle Cutter that includes the KOTCS Indy and 2 Russian Soldiers. Sorry, I don't remember the price.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #113 on: January 4, 2009, 01:00 PM »
I found a second Trooper car at Wal-Mart New Year's Day on clearance for $13. Couldn't resist.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 4, 2009, 05:06 PM »
I hit up my local TRU over lunch today and saw an exclusive Jungle Cutter that includes the KOTCS Indy and 2 Russian Soldiers. Sorry, I don't remember the price.

Retail is $39.99, has been on sale for a few times anywhere from $19.99 to $26.99 if I recall correctly.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: January 5, 2009, 02:09 AM »
Walked into Target today, and of all things there was a lone canvas-top German truck.

I assumed I'd never get this, so I gobbled it up quick and bolted.  It's fantastic and certainly is a better looking truck than the original plastic canvas one.  I wish I could have 2 more of this one, but alas this has been a tough item to track down.

I now am basically 100% done with IJ stuff.  I made a Cairo Streets Indy using a Deluxe Ark Indy with a KotCS Jacket Indy...  I'm going to give him wrist articulation at some point and spice up his deco a little bit, but otherwise that's a damn cool looking figure, and beats the snot out of that whipping Indy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 5, 2009, 04:51 PM »
Jesse, you don't by chance have a plastic canvas one do you? If so, perhaps I can pick up a cloth one and we can trade out the canvases...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: January 5, 2009, 08:24 PM »
I have a couple actually.  Let me know...  I'd swap the top with you if you want.  I got two trucks so I had one to paint for my XD figures at some point or another, so it's just chilling here.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 5, 2009, 09:52 PM »
I'd love to replace my plastic top truck with a cloth top truck, but all that's left around here is Jungle Cutters. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2009, 09:57 AM »
I opened up a cloth top Cargo Truck last night, very cool toy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."