Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 3 (TLC)  (Read 40693 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 3 (TLC)
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2008, 02:31 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking of just buying an extra and trying to paint it black.  I am not a good customizer but might be able to paint at least. 

If you do try it, good luck around the joint areas...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2008, 05:52 PM »
I wonder if we'll get a Vogel Repaint in all black, like he wore in Austria.   It does seem like the exact same unifrom.

It more or less is...  Paul could probably comment more on accuracy details, but I'd think what keeps an "all black" Vogel from the pegs is how clearly it is an SS uniform...  There's a set of SS in parade black uniforms made by 21st Cent. Toys, and they're sold with legal disclaimers and things, so I'm not banking on an all black uniformed Vogel.  The Desert duds are pretty slick though and make for a satisfactory figure, it just sucks if we get other figures from the castle I suppose.  Jr./Sr. tied to the chairs would be pretty cool though.

Do you want historical accuracy or Film accuracy?  That tan/gray uniform he has on is pretty close to the black one.  If you are gonna customize one, i'd go with Rit Dye so the joints don't show.  I will have to watch the movie again. 

As far as the castle Germans go...they all look to be Waffen SS (which did not exist at the time the movie suppossedly takes place, but then again neither did MP40s or the Afrika Korps during the ROTLA era) so I would doubt we see too many Castle Troops.  Besides they made Vogel's armband Black instead of the RED that is associated with the NSDAP, so he is fairly harmless as far as toy WWII Germans go.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking of just buying an extra and trying to paint it black.  I am not a good customizer but might be able to paint at least. 

If you do try it, good luck around the joint areas...

Yeah, it won't look beautiful but I just doubt Hasbro re-releases that character in black.  I will give it a shot. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Last Crusade Indy In Stock At HTS

Hmm. I guess the rest of the wave can't be too far behind. I'll probably pick up the Grail Knight, Young Indy, and Vogel from this wave.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2008, 08:23 AM »
Last Crusade Indy In Stock At HTS

Availability:  This product will begin shipping on or about 07/17.

It reads as in stock, but you're going to wait a while before it ships.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2008, 02:26 PM »
I read in the latest BBTS newsletter that they are expecting this wave to arrive next week...

I wonder how long it will take for them to show up at Target/TRU/WM?  Hopefully not much longer!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2008, 09:17 PM »
Entertainment Earth has TLC cases in stock.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND40070C

John

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2008, 10:52 PM »
Henry and Vogel are 1 per case? Yikes! :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2008, 10:59 PM »
Worst part is, both Vogel and the Grail Knight are only in the first case... No revisions... And those are the two figures I want the most...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2008, 12:16 AM »
What!? Vogel looks like an awesome figure why is he only x1 & in the first revision?! Curse you Hasbro!....& my run-on sentence! *Shakes fist angrily*
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2008, 05:34 PM »
Damn! >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2008, 07:55 PM »
Yeah scored TLC at walmart today, just got back.  But only had enough for an Indy.  Elsa's paint apps weren't as good as I'd hoped, but I'll still buy.  Col. looks really good but I'm only buying Indy stuff to custom into SW so unless Chewie makes something really cool to copy  :P I probably won't buy.  Same with the Knight.  Mr. Jones is fairly good, but for a guy wearing a 3 piece suit what do you want.  Glasses suck.  Took a couple pics with the camera phone, but they're a little bleary.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2008, 09:41 PM »
TLC wave is out? Pics?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2008, 10:42 PM »
TLC wave is out? Pics?

Sending pics to Jeff.  I don't have a site to host the pics.  It looks like I got pics of all of them except the knight.  I'll take a closer one of Indie one I open him, pretty much the same as the others except he has a tie, and I think the head is a different sculpt.  Definately not the same as Raiders, but with the hat on I couldn't tell if it was the same as Crystal head minus the Grey hair.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Hmmm can't PM Jeff, borrowed computer right now if anbody here can PM him, or Chewie, that there's pics of them coming to them I'm sure they can host the pics.