Author Topic: Keeping up with the Joneses  (Read 12275 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Keeping up with the Joneses
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 01:39 PM »
As far as the one with the Skull, everything looks good, except for the hat.  I just can't get past how ridiculously large that fedora looks.

I thought the same thing.  Why's the hat so damn big? 

It is supposed to be removable... most of the "good" looking hat sculpts are the non-removable ones.  Most of the ones that appear "oversized" are the removable ones.

I thought I had a list in my Toy Fair notes about which ones are removable and which aren't.  I'll see if I can find it and post a list...

Looks great without the hat. . .
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 01:39 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 02:02 PM »
Agreed. Excellent likeness.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 2, 2008, 12:51 AM »
The first Indy will have multiple versions, since Toy Fair had multiple so the crappy head sculpt won't be a problem. Another of which can be seen here: http://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.cooltoyreview.com/tf2008/Hasbro/IJ_IndyROTLA.jpg&text=
I plan on getting both KOCS, the jacket Raiders & Map Room. 
« Last Edit: March 2, 2008, 12:54 AM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #18 on: March 2, 2008, 02:35 AM »
Another new pic of the Crystal Skull Indy tonight, courtesy our friends at the Internet media site Cool Toy Review:

Apparently it has a "Hat Hovering Just Above Head" action feature!  

SPOILER ALERT:

Apparently Indy's left arm gets severed at the elbow during the events of the Crystal Skull!!!   :o  Holy crap I didn't see that one coming.

(Who the **** sets up and takes these photos, seriously?)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #19 on: March 2, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Who approves these photos is the question.   Geez, that pic makes it look like bootleg garbage from a third world country.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 2, 2008, 11:10 AM »
Yeah, the hat's pretty crappy, but the headsculpt/likeness is really great. I wonder if another Indy figure has a removable hat that's a better fit and can be swapped.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: March 2, 2008, 11:11 AM »
Another new pic of the Crystal Skull Indy tonight, courtesy our friends at the Internet media site Cool Toy Review:

Thanks for the link.  If only someone at JD had posted those press pics... oh wait, we did post them... two weeks ago during Toy Fair:P
« Last Edit: April 1, 2008, 12:48 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #22 on: March 2, 2008, 11:14 AM »
Thanks for the link.  If only someone at JD had posted those press pics... oh wait, we did post them... two weeks ago during Toy Fair:P

Meh.  You guys are just a crappy fan site, anyway.

(I know I looked through a bunch of those pics during Toy Fair but don't remember seeing that one at all.  Oh well.  Sorry to link to the ******bag site.)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 02:51 PM »
Thought this was worth posting here.  Some dude took two of the Deluxe Indys, and with a little head-swappage and accessory removal, made a pretty swell, neutrally-posed, superbly-articulated Cairo Indy:

The body is the Deluxe Map Room Indy (minus robes) and the head is from one of the Deluxe Temple Indys (pitfall trap, I believe).

And apparently the Deluxe Map Room Indy uses the same body as the Crystal Skull Indy with RPG.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 03:36 PM »
It has the appropriate sweat stains though.  Very important.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Thought this was worth posting here.  Some dude took two of the Deluxe Indys, and with a little head-swappage and accessory removal, made a pretty swell, neutrally-posed, superbly-articulated Cairo Indy:

The body is the Deluxe Map Room Indy (minus robes) and the head is from one of the Deluxe Temple Indys (pitfall trap, I believe).

And apparently the Deluxe Map Room Indy uses the same body as the Crystal Skull Indy with RPG.

That looks pretty good.

I expect to see a lot of people (including myself) doing parts swaps with the Indy figures (and others, but especially Indy at first)... nice that these seem to be so compatible with SW figures in terms of customizing.  It might not be too difficult to make a few Cairo street folk too by combining different parts from these figures with a few SW heads.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 04:10 PM »
A few Cairo street folk would look great in the $400 "Various Plazas and Alleyways of Cairo" playset/diorama that I'm currently in the process of petitioning Hasbro for.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 04:22 PM »
"...uses the same body as the Crystal Skull Indy with RPG."

Indy's into Role Palying Games in The Crystal Skull?...maybe he is kind of old to do the adventure stuff...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 05:07 PM »
A few Cairo street folk would look great in the $400 "Various Plazas and Alleyways of Cairo" playset/diorama that I'm currently in the process of petitioning Hasbro for.

Think bigger Matt!   :)

Or, think in terms of more vintage-esque stuff (which I'm pretty sure you're a fan of). 

I'd be happy seeing an updated version of this -

Maybe instead of Monkey Man, some other Arab that can carry a basket or one of the ones that carries Marian off.  Or even a Nazi in a suit.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 05:51 PM »
I like it!  But more importantly, will kids like it?

Answer:  No.  The kids would not like it.  They would love it.  And there is nothing the kids would love more than a "Basket-Carrying Arab" action figure.