Author Topic: What 2003 SAGA product are you still missing?  (Read 6389 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
What 2003 SAGA product are you still missing?
« on: June 19, 2003, 01:35 AM »
So far, I have been very fortunate and am just missing the Padawan 2-pk.  I could use some more Imperial Officers and Red Battle Droids, but am pretty much caught up.

How about you all?

:P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: What 2003 SAGA product are you still missing?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 01:44 AM »
I'm missing Chewie Mynock Hunt, Yoda/Chian, Ashla/Jempa, Red Battle Droid, and the new Deluxe Obi-Wan and Jango.
I also lack the following Unleashed figures: Mace Windu, Vader Redux, Leia(really want this one), Luke, Sidious, Obi-Wan, and whatever else is coming out on those groovy new cards.

I hope I find all this stuff before the Clone Wars line debuts and takes up the meager space retail stores have for Star Wars.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 02:21 AM »
I've done fairly well for the most part, with some nice scores at Target, and some helpful local trading buddies like Matthew, Jared, and Jobe - thanks guys!  But I am still missing a few, and also need to upgrade a few of my carded figures to something a tad more mint.

Missing both Carded and Loose:
Boba Fett

Missing only Carded:
Anakin - Secret Ceremony
Ashla/Jempa 2-pack
Hoth Han
Mynock Chewie

Even though the delay in acquiring some of these guys is aggravating, I'm not too worried about it.  They're coming eventually...  They're just all stuck in the back stockrooms somewhere!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 10:31 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 02:56 AM »
My list has shrank some over time...  I find a figure here and there luckily.

I'm missing...

Lama Su/Clone Youth 2-pack
Aaylya Secura
Ashla/Jempa Youngling 2-pack
Yoda/Youngling 2-pack
Han Hoth Brown Coat

And that's about it right now...  I lucked into the final 2 head variation figures last Saturday at the Pennsylvania Collecting Club's summer social which was held right near here at Bob's (Bobafett14 over at Rebelscum) place.

I was expecting to walk away with nothing new because I seemed to have the most new stuff, but a gentleman had each of the head variants just sitting about, so I nabbed the Brown Hair officer and Red Hair Fleet Trooper right away.

Too bad those things aren't shipping en masse to retailers, because the RFT and Imp. Officer are about the only 2 figures I can think of from Saga '03 that would FLY off the shelves if you shipped them in solid cases alone...  

Rumor is that TRU's will be getting cleared out again sometime in the near future, so I'm hoping that and the recent Target clear-outs are going to bring in new stuff for me on a regular basis...

I'd like a couple "youngling" packs personally, just to do some custom work with them.  

And with stuff still shipping I'm doomed to get a little further behind with figures like Snowtrooper, Jedi Luke, Throne Room Vader, and the Clone Wars items (Which I'm really looking forward to the basic line CW figures).

Hope things change some though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 06:51 AM »
Due to the lack of figs, I joined kebco's one of every figure club.  Everything is pre-ordered for me and I expect a huge shipment soon - Luke, Obi, Sidious unleashed, Clone Wars vehicles, Han Hoth, Chewie Mynock and the items I have on hold: Mace, R2 and Spider Droid.

The only figs I need that are those that weren't available when I signed up: first variant Imperial officer, both variants of the Rebel Fleet Trooper and Tusken Raider.  Other than those, I'm caught up.
Common sense isn't so common

obi_robz

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 08:49 AM »
In terms of my carded collection, I’m only missing the red battle droid. But in terms of my loose stuff, I’m still a few 2003 figs down, but that’s because of cash problems, and not that I wouldn’t be able to get them if I had the money.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 09:22 AM »
We still haven't seen any 2003 figures actually in the stores around here, but I eventually broke down and ordered SC Anakin, Acklay Obi, Droid Factory Padme, the Tusken Raider, Geonosis Dooku, and the Arena Mace from Kebco awhile back when they were all $4.99.  I also have Jedi Luke, Hoth Han, Mynock Chewie, Yoda w/Chian, Jempa/Ashla, Snowtrooper, Unleashed Han, Yoda, and Boba, and the 12" scale Yoda on preorder from Kebco as well.  The Targets around here have been cleared out too, and the TRU have been thinned out quite a bit too, so I'm hoping new stuff will start showing up.  I missed out on the preorders for Aayla, Carkoon Boba, Barriss, etc., so I'm hoping to find those (or anything else new) :).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 09:22 AM »
Well it's easier to say what I have found rather than what 2003 product I have.  

I have seen:
Obi-Wan(Acklay), Darth Tyranus (Geo), Mace Windu, Blonde Imp Officer, Red Battle Droid, and Ashla/Jempa.  That is it so far for 3 3/4 figs.  

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2003, 09:37 AM »
[ ] - #02/56 - Eeth Koth – Jedi Master
[ ] - #03/06 - Tusken Raider - Tatooine Camp Ambush
[ ] - #03/08 - Boba Fett - The Pit Of Carkoon
[ ] - #03/10 - Lamu Su with Clone Youth
[ ] - #03/13 - Han Solo - Hoth Rescue
[ ] - #03/14 - Chewbacca - Mynock Hunt
[ ] - #03/16 - Ashla & Jempa (Bear Clan)

Still looking for the Swoops and Deluxe figures, too.

(Special thanks to "Gregg" for making the compilation of this list SO easy.)  ;)
Post sober.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2003, 12:17 PM »
Deluxe Obi-Wan
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 01:04 PM »
THe only things I'm missing I think are the deluxe figures Obi Wan, Jango Fett, and the Spider droid.  I'm not to worried about getting them though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2003, 02:58 PM »
Most notably?  The Anakin and Count Dooku speederbikes
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 03:05 PM »
I'm missing
Han Hoth
Chewie Mynot
Jedi Padawans
Yoda with Padawan
Red Battle Droid
Red Hair Rebel
Spider Droid
Super Battle Droid Builder
And anything after that!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2003, 03:58 PM »
still missing about 10 figs all together and the deluxe Clonetrooper and the Acklay,but half of the ones i need are still on the pegs the other half i've only seen on damaged cards. also with Origins next week i kinda need all the money i can gather up for this event.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2003, 05:19 PM »
I really don't even want to reply to this topic.   >:( >:( >:( >:(I had lived in Long Island and made toy runs to every store in the area and in in NYC when I went.    :(  I have yet to find my first 2003 figure and no one I talked to in New York  (on Long Island) had any luck either.    :o  Now that I've moved back to St. Louis, I found the Imperial 4-pack at TRU, so I finally have my FIRST 2003 figures.   However, according to people here, the 2003 figures, though hard to find, have been shipping, so I might not find the figures shipped earlier in the year.   I had hoped that they would hit LI before I left, thinking that all cases would hit, starting with the first from 2003....NO SUCH LUCK!    So, hopefully things will start shipping again and I can get caught up.  My fear is that these figures will turn out to be like the final waves of Ep I (like holo sidieous, Sio Bibble, etc).

Hope all of you are doing much better... it seems like it according to the posts!  :( :( :(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 05:21 PM by obi-dad »