Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 4 (ToD)  (Read 46946 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 4 (ToD)
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Today at Target I had a very, very annoying experience. The ToD wave was IN THE ******* BACKROOM, but the stupid he/she/it employee wouldn't pull it for me, despite my intention to buy the entire case from those ********. I plan on writing, a very, very angry letter to Target regarding this encounter with 'Yvette' and Target's quote, "problem they have with collectors." >:(

And yet, I still walked out of there with a ton of Star Wars crap. :-\
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 04:40 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2008, 07:06 PM »
Is the DCPI for this wave floating around anywhere?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2008, 07:37 PM »
It would just be a shame to pay what amounts to around $10 per, when if they hit stores they'll be $5.44 at Wal-Mart...

Depends, my WMs still have them at $6.94...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Today at Target I had a very, very annoying experience. The ToD wave was IN THE ******* BACKROOM, but the stupid he/she/it employee wouldn't pull it for me, despite my intention to buy the entire case from those ********. I plan on writing, a very, very angry letter to Target regarding this encounter with 'Yvette' and Target's quote, "problem they have with collectors." >:(

They wouldn't give you your toys? That's it? Good luck with that very, very angry letter.

Take a deep breath sonny.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2008, 07:53 PM »

They wouldn't give you your toys? That's it? Good luck with that very, very angry letter.

Take a deep breath sonny.

Okay, I've calmed down a bit. :)

I'm still pretty pissed off though, to think that I could've gotten the ToD wave today at retail price. :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2008, 08:49 PM »
How did you know it was the TOD wave in the back?  Did someone back there confirm which figures were in the case that they wouldn't sell you?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 6, 2008, 10:42 PM »
With the answer that Hasbro gave Cool Toy Review in this week's Q&A session where they recommend getting this wave online 'cause it will most likely not make it to the big retail chains - I decided to place an order for this wave from Entertainment Earth.

I'm not overly thrilled with getting like six additional Indiana Jones figures that I don't really need, but I guess now I'll just hope that they ship me the wave so I get it before December 30th so I'll just rip those guys open to send away for another Crystal Skeleton.

I know the other option was to buy them off eBay - but a quick scan of auctions for complete sets shows that the going rate for a set of six is the same price as the case from EE, so just for the stickers alone the EE option wins.

I am keeping an eye on an auction for 3 of the Temple Guards, since my wants from this wave were 1 of each figure, two of the Head Guards and at least 4 Temple Guards, winning that auction would help me get towards my goal. Combine that with the Head Guard my friend was able to score for me as part of a trade, and I'll be finally all set with this wave.

Sucks that it had to come to this. Why couldn't Hasbro have just dumped the ToD wave on HasbroToyShop.com?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2008, 09:26 PM »

And yet, I still walked out of there with a ton of Star Wars crap. :-\

I think it's perfecly logical to be pissed off at them.  It doesn't matter that they're
 "just toys". With the economy the way it is, stores should sell whatever they can to who ever wants it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 08:52 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 8, 2009, 06:50 PM »
I've heard that this wave might be showing up at TJ Maxx stores.  I hit a couple today, but no luck so far.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #99 on: January 8, 2009, 10:49 PM »
That would be awesome. I just can't bring myself to spend $100 for six figures.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 8, 2009, 11:43 PM »
They did hit TJ Maxx before Christmas, and apparently were gone about 2-3 weeks ago in my area.  I've checked two different stores in my area a couple times and only find a ton of Young Indy.

I've also heard that they have been found at Marshall's, though that was just a friend talking who doesn't collect the line.  I went by a Marshall's tonight and didn't see any Indy stuff.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2009, 02:25 AM »
I saw some TLC figures, but no vehicles or anything else. That was after Christmas, though. Plus their toy section looks worse than K-Mart's. It's like they just toss **** right out of the cases and wherever it lands is where it gets sold.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2009, 02:30 AM »
TJ Maxx is still getting stuff, so keep checking...  Ours just got TLC and cargo trucks in this past couple weeks or so.  Not very long though, so it's still trickling out.  I think TOD's just gonna be a tough wave to track down ultimately though.

Check ROSS Dress 4 Less, and other discounters though.  ROSS got in those titanium figures nobody could find like 3PO and Luke.  I got those there and didn't even collect the line but wound up with rare stuff.  Go figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2009, 02:33 AM »
I've been hitting the local Dollar Generals/Family Dollar too, since they're ubiquitous around here. No luck. Found some Legendary Comic Book Heroes figures, but only the two-packs.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2009, 08:50 PM »
WOW!  Just got a case from EE!  Holy sh*t these are fantastic figures.  I may need to get another temple guard (Thuggee.)  It's a real shame that this line died an early death.  As others have said, some of Hasbro's best work ever.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com