Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 4 (ToD)  (Read 46960 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 4 (ToD)
« Reply #75 on: October 6, 2008, 09:32 AM »
It sells out in 20 minutes but the fanbase is not large enough?  Hmmm...

I don't think that really means anything.  Suppose 1,000 people (I'm being generous) bought up everything on the website in those 20 minutes.  Out of those 1,000, how many were fans and how many were people looking to flip them on Ebay?  Even if all 1,000 were fans and collectors of the line, that's way too few people to support a line in retail stores nationally ... and even less if you look at it as a worldwide number.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 6, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Agreed, the 20 minutes isn't particularly telling.  But I do think their inability to keep the TLC wave in stock, aside from the Young Indy figure, is more telling.  Henry Jones has been obtainable on the site, but Elsa and Vogel have been remarkably difficult. 

While that doesn't necessarily indicate MASSIVE sales for the line, it should be fairly indicative to Hasbro what portion of the collecting market is buying this stuff up.  Those figures would have limited appeal to anything but adult collectors.  This line wasn't so hard to figure out at the start, even before it was released - the primary buyer will be an adult collector.  Why couldn't the big H see that when it seems to have been fairly obvious to everyone else?  [/standard bitchfest run]
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 6, 2008, 10:27 AM »
The combo of retailers buying too much of the same product (yet again) and some lame figures choices for the first two waves did not help.  That and kids just are not into it at all did not help.  It's too bad.  I really liked the lineup of figures for the most part and looked forward to the Raiders wave 2.  I wish they would have made a few other items. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 6, 2008, 02:50 PM »
The combo of retailers buying too much of the same product (yet again) and some lame figures choices for the first two waves did not help.  That and kids just are not into it at all did not help.  It's too bad.  I really liked the lineup of figures for the most part and looked forward to the Raiders wave 2.  I wish they would have made a few other items. 

Agree completely.

My case from BBTS showed up and all have good paint jobs, so I am very pleased. 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #79 on: October 6, 2008, 09:35 PM »
Guys, they might have had 10 cases, therefore only 10 Elsa and 10 Vogel.  However, Hasbro saying that collectors don't use the internet is assinine.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 6, 2008, 10:09 PM »
So you figure over the span of a couple of months they parceled out 10 of each? :o ;)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #81 on: October 7, 2008, 11:11 PM »
No, I was talking about that 20 minute window where some TLC figures were in stock.  It could have been only 5-10 figs!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 8, 2008, 03:28 PM »
It looks like this wave is up at HTS again (preorder) shipping in November.  Not a bad deal to get them for retail, if the order goes through.  You can also use the fall20 promo code if you place an order.  I got this wave from BBTS yesterday, but I ordered an extra Indy from HTS.

On the topic of this wave, I have to say it might be the best one yet from this line.  Kind of a bummer that it might be the last, but I guess at least they went out on a high note.  I haven't gotten a chance to open them yet, but I think this Indy might be the best of the bunch - the rest of the wave is very well done too.  It makes me wish we would have seen more from this line, as they seem to have gotten things together now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #83 on: October 8, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Scored the wave w/ the promo code.   ;D  Still up, except for the guard it seems.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 8, 2008, 04:05 PM »
All gone.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: October 8, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Ugh... why do they always pop up cheap at HTS when I'm not around to catch them.   >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #86 on: October 9, 2008, 04:15 AM »
Dammit, I wish I'd have gotten in on that. My Toyrocket preorder is now showing Dec. 08, which probably means it isn't going to show up. I should just order the case on EE and hope for better.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2008, 12:35 PM »
I decided yesterday to assemble a set of the Indiana Jones line.

Is there any hope that this wave will show up in stores?  Or do I need to order from EE to get them?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2008, 01:56 PM »
At this point, there is very little hope that the ToD wave will show up in stores. :-\

I'm probably just gonna order this wave from EE myself, I think that's the best way to go. Good luck, Rob! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2008, 04:32 PM »
It would just be a shame to pay what amounts to around $10 per, when if they hit stores they'll be $5.44 at Wal-Mart...