Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2008  (Read 27298 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Offseason 2008
« Reply #60 on: August 7, 2008, 08:24 AM »
I watched "Hard Knocks" last night on HBO, pretty good show and really got me psyched for some Football (which did not take much).  I am sure all the Cowboy haters didn't watch or didn't enjoy it, but I like it.  I really wanted to hate T.O. when the Cowboy's signed him and it probably was favorable editing, but he came across almost "human" and likeable.  Yes, I realize they have not won a playoff game in 12 years, so save it.  Giant's fans have the only bragging rights right now (and any other team that has 5 or more Super Bowl rings).

Here is a Favre question....when he goes into the Hall of Fame (and we all know he will) will he go as a Packer or Jet (or Falcon)...with the bad blood and way this went down..

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 7, 2008, 09:20 AM »

Here is a Favre question....when he goes into the Hall of Fame (and we all know he will) will he go as a Packer or Jet (or Falcon)...with the bad blood and way this went down..

I'm sure all the teams players played for are on their plaque, but it's not like the baseball HOF where the players' bust is wearing a hat.  Favre will always be known as a Packer, no matter what he does with the Jets.

So what are the Jets now, an 8-8, 9-7 team at best? They'll still finish at least four games behind the Pats in the division anyways.  :-*

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: August 7, 2008, 10:19 AM »
Keep in mind the guy wanted to play for your team more than any of the rest of them.

Yeah I know, and there was absolutely no way that was ever going to happen...I wasn't worried about that at all

I laughed when I saw the terms of the deal this AM... 

Packers get a 4th round pick from the Jets...
or a 3rd round pick if Favre takes 50% of the snaps
or a 2nd round pick if Favre takes 70% of the snaps and the Jets go to the playoffs
or a 1st round pick if Favre takes 80% of the snaps and the Jets go to the SB
or THREE 1st round picks if the Jets trade Favre to the Vikings

I guess they wanted to be damn sure the Jets weren't going to flip Favre...  :D

enjoy the media suckoff fest!

Hurry, someone run out and trademark New York BrettsTM!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #63 on: August 8, 2008, 12:32 AM »
IT will be interesting to see what Favre can do with the Jets' offense.  The QB slot has been a weak point at the Jets for years.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: August 8, 2008, 01:32 AM »
I think so too, but the Jets lack a lot in the offense in general...  He may regret ever wanting to come back and winding up there.  Does Greenbay play them at all this year?  That'd at the very least be interesting.

I'm in full football swing at this point...  The kids started conditioning about 2 weeks ago but we really needed a 3rd week in.  Unfortunately a new crowd of parents are becoming influential, and this crowd feels conditioning was, "too hard on the children" last year.  Wait'll they see their kids dropping like flies in the 3rd and 4th quarters and we'll see who was right on that issue though.  ::)

Steelers have their first pre-season game Friday and tickets to that are already impossible to get and have been for ages.  Almost 31 years in this city and I've still never made it to a game.  Damn.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 8, 2008, 07:20 AM »
Does Greenbay play them at all this year?  That'd at the very least be interesting.

I don't think so, the AFC East plays the NFC West this season.
Common sense isn't so common

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 8, 2008, 09:59 AM »
I think they said that Green Bay doesn't play the jets until like 2012 or something...  Unless they meet in the Superbowl (I'd love to see the Vegas odds on that one) they've likely seen the last of each other.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #67 on: August 9, 2008, 08:33 AM »
Have i mentioned how excited I am. Its just a good feeling. Favre changes the aspect on all the games. (Of course as a life-long Jets fan my next reaction is i wonder when he will get hurt) On a side note, I have always loved Chad and hate to see him go. I really hope he does well but since he signed with Miami last night i am so worried since the Jets play them twice.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 9, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Have i mentioned how excited I am. Its just a good feeling. Favre changes the aspect on all the games. (Of course as a life-long Jets fan my next reaction is i wonder when he will get hurt) On a side note, I have always loved Chad and hate to see him go. I really hope he does well but since he signed with Miami last night i am so worried since the Jets play them twice.

You're wondering when Favre will get hurt!?  You do know he's played 253 games straight, right?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 9, 2008, 09:55 PM »

So what are the Jets now, an 8-8, 9-7 team at best? They'll still finish at least four games behind the Pats in the division anyways.  :-*

I think they are a solid 10-6 with a possibility to be 11-5.  Have you seen their schedule?  It is very very favorable.  They get the Pats twice and Chargers once, but aside from that, they can win all of these other 13 games if they play well with Favre:

Miami x 2
Arizona
Cincinnati
Oakland
KC
St. Louis
Buffalo x 2
Denver
SF
Seattle
Tennessee

Seriously it can't get too much easier except for NE and SD.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #70 on: August 9, 2008, 11:09 PM »

You're wondering when Favre will get hurt!?  You do know he's played 253 games straight, right?

You must not be a Jets fan. I know about the streak, but as a Jets fan you expect the worst will happen. Its pretty sad.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #71 on: August 9, 2008, 11:12 PM »
Crap, the game against the Broncos is a home game for the Jets.  I would've liked to have gone to it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2008, 01:22 AM »

You must not be a Jets fan. I know about the streak, but as a Jets fan you expect the worst will happen. Its pretty sad.

Favre is on the cover of Madden 2009, and there is the so-called "Madden Curse".  Whatever player winds up on the cover of the game winds up getting hurt.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2008, 02:27 PM »
You guys and your curses.  I think the Jets will do just fine this year with Favre at the helm.  Pennington is kind of a weak guy - shouldn't be surprised that he was getting banged up.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2008, 10:22 AM »
In addition to the Madden cover, Favre has to overcome the mojo of playing somewhere other than Green Bay.  It's a tall order.