Author Topic: The official shipping carriers suck thread  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
The official shipping carriers suck thread
« on: March 4, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Here is your place to complain about the shipping carriers we all are faced to deal with.

My complaint today is about UPS. They have a package of mine that was loaded on the truck on 2/26 and is still out of delivery! It was originally scheduled for arrival on 2/27 but they keep pushing it back. Considering they loaded the truck about ten miles away from me why does it take more than a week for the truck to get to my house? Is the guy pushing the truck? Is he lost? Are they taking the most indirect delivery route known to man? Why does everything that goes thru UPS take more than a week to get here even if it is only across town? Even standard USPS is faster!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: The official shipping carriers suck thread
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2008, 11:57 AM »
A lot of guys I talk softball with complain constantly about trading bats and them not getting to the destination or the boxes show up cut in half, empty, or opened and resealed...again with nothing in them. 

Teams UPS, USPS, FedEx, and DHL must have a good supply of high end, high performing bats.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2008, 01:01 PM »
I love getting a rejected package from DHL. Doesn't take long to figure out why it was rejected... I should take photos of some of the packages they bring into the office and ask me to sign for "in good condition"...

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Received a package from UPS a week after it was shipped. The loading center and my place are only an hour away from each other.

I off load UPS trailers at my employer, big items on pallets, the merchandise is usually crushed and torn, but they deny the claims filed against them saying it is not their fault. I know a forkblade mark when I see one.

USPS. I have nothing but issues with these people. Took a month for a package I shipped to get to California. I've had packages get to Switzerland faster.

Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 5, 2008, 09:44 AM »
The last couple of days I keep seeing a UPS truck stop in front of my house and then drive away without leaving anything. Do you think the guy is lost? Can't he read the big numbers on the front of my house? Maybe I should have put the numbers in spanish?

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 5, 2008, 11:34 AM »
sounds like his computer is telling him to deliver there, but the box isn't in his truck.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 5, 2008, 12:03 PM »
Oh great! They lost it!  >:(

How hard is it to put a box on a truck and take it to an address? The ETA portion on the tracking report has disappeared.  :-\

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 5, 2008, 12:09 PM »
Oh great! They lost it!  >:(

How hard is it to put a box on a truck and take it to an address? The ETA portion on the tracking report has disappeared.  :-\

That sucks Phruby.  I've never had a problem with UPS other than the time when I lived in a small town of 800.  They didn't have my street in their system so I ended up driving 40 miles to the distribution center to pick up my package.

In other news - I just received a package from USPS and it's got a smashed corner.  I have a bad feeling my MOMC figures are now MOC.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: March 5, 2008, 01:58 PM »
My postman totally sucks. Every package that i get never shows up when it is supposed to. If i get soemthing from Japan thats even worse. Everytime i check the tracking it says they left a notice for the item but my mailman never leaves one and i have to always go complain at the main office. They have no excuse either. I live in an apartment and underneath me is a Blimpi which opens fairly early and on my door i have a massive sign asking them to leave all packages in the store.  ::) That doesnt help much either. UPS seems to be the best for me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2008, 02:20 PM »
My postman totally sucks. Every package that i get never shows up when it is supposed to. Everytime i check the tracking it says they left a notice for the item but my mailman never leaves one and i have to always go complain at the main office. They have no excuse either. I live in an apartment and underneath me is a Blimpi which opens fairly early and on my door i have a massive sign asking them to leave all packages in the store.

USPS will not deliver packages to apartments as far as I know.  I went crazy on Ebay from 02-05 when I was in an apartment and received hundreds of packages and the postman would always leave a note in my box "sorry we missed you" or some crap like that.  Half the time I could see the postman walking into my building from my window, not no dice on a box.  So I'd always have to trek to the rental office to pick up my stuff.  UPS and FedEx always came straight to my door though.  Not sure why your postman can't read or can't leave package notices though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2008, 09:20 PM »
My postman totally sucks. Every package that i get never shows up when it is supposed to. Everytime i check the tracking it says they left a notice for the item but my mailman never leaves one and i have to always go complain at the main office. They have no excuse either. I live in an apartment and underneath me is a Blimpi which opens fairly early and on my door i have a massive sign asking them to leave all packages in the store.

USPS will not deliver packages to apartments as far as I know.  I went crazy on Ebay from 02-05 when I was in an apartment and received hundreds of packages and the postman would always leave a note in my box "sorry we missed you" or some crap like that.  Half the time I could see the postman walking into my building from my window, not no dice on a box.  So I'd always have to trek to the rental office to pick up my stuff.  UPS and FedEx always came straight to my door though.  Not sure why your postman can't read or can't leave package notices though.

I woudl accept that if they didnt have to go into the store anyway to drop off mail, my apartment is the only apartment upstairs, and I own the building. So any mail gets to me anyway. I mentioned this to the main office several times as well. They just suck.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 6, 2008, 05:36 PM »
You can imagine the look on my face when I picked this up at the post office (sometime last year).  The Canada Post worker was kind enough to pick it up by the hole in the box, actually ripping it more right in front of me.  I just about climbed over the counter and killed him.  >:(  Thankfully, the carded figures were in Star Cases and only one was slightly damaged.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 6, 2008, 08:36 PM »
UPS delivered a package yesterday but it wasn't the one I've been tracking since Feb 26th!!!
« Last Edit: March 6, 2008, 08:37 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 6, 2008, 08:43 PM »
I'm sure you've contacted UPS and told them about this.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 8, 2008, 12:31 PM »
Well, UPS delivered another package here but it still wasn't the one that has been out for delivery since 2/26! They've lost it havn't they? I've filled a lost package report with both UPS and the sending company.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2008, 01:18 PM by Master_Phruby »