Author Topic: Star Wars on Blu-Ray  (Read 167955 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Star Wars on Blu-Ray
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2011, 09:00 AM »
U.S. packaging

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Does anybody know if they filmed any ESB scenes with Vader and Palpatine's secretary? I can't remember his name but they mention him on the vintage Star Destroyer Playset. I think Vader talks to him via hologram before he speaks to Palpy. If they did, it'd be cool to see those make the BR.

That'd be Ars Dangor... he's presumed to be on the Death Star 2 in Jedi http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ars_Dangor

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2011, 05:32 PM »
From ROTJ there were scenes of Moff Jerjerrod getting stunned by the Emporer's Royal Guards.  THAT would be pretty awesome to see since all we've ever seen from them was getting knocked into walls by Yoda in ROTS.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2011, 07:08 PM »
From ROTJ there were scenes of Moff Jerjerrod getting stunned by the Emporer's Royal Guards.  THAT would be pretty awesome to see since all we've ever seen from them was getting knocked into walls by Yoda in ROTS.

I agree. That would be cool.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2011, 09:31 PM »

Actually it seems a lot of people figure that's actually a sequence where Vader's returning to the Death Star and demanding to see Palpatine even though he was ordered to the Command Ship, and Vader's actually forcing-up Jerjerrod in that scene, and the Royal Guards are drawing their weapons on Vader.  It fits with the, "I told you to remain on the command ship" line from Palpy.

Though them torturing Jerjerrod for fun would be an interesting sequence too I guess.  Jerjerrod was to have an expanded role somewhat though.

There's stuff shot of Jerjerrod commanding the Death Star's Super Laser crew during the battle, and ordering them to aim at Endor as a last ditch "F you" to the galaxy, of sorts.  There's pics of him in a command center similar to the one in ANH Tarkin was in when they nuked Alderaan.

ROTJ probably has the most cut stuff out of the entire OT.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:22 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2011, 07:26 PM »
Does anybody know if they filmed any ESB scenes with Vader and Palpatine's secretary? I can't remember his name but they mention him on the vintage Star Destroyer Playset. I think Vader talks to him via hologram before he speaks to Palpy. If they did, it'd be cool to see those make the BR.

That'd be Ars Dangor... he's presumed to be on the Death Star 2 in Jedi http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ars_Dangor

Found the dude I was talking about: Sate Pestage

The character of Sate Pestage, originally called Sate Molock, was meant to appear in the film The Empire Strikes Back. Molock first appeared in the second draft of the film, where he warns Darth Vader that the Emperor is in a bad mood before Vader reports the victory at Hoth. In the revised second draft, Molock was renamed Sate Pestage.

However, the film's shooting schedule says that the Pestage scene was shot on June 18, 1979, though it never made it into the movie's final cut. As the scene was filmed, an actor was evidently cast for Pestage, but it is not known who this was. Kenner toys even produced a Star Destroyer playset featuring a toy hologram apparently intended to be Sate Pestage. An enclosed instruction sheet reads, "Darth talks to the Grand Vizier with the pretend viewing screen."

Regardless, it's Vader talking to one of Palpatine's aides, which isn't anything special but it would still be cool to see.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2011, 03:38 PM »

Found the dude I was talking about: Sate Pestage

Er, Oops, that's who I meant.  :-[

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2011, 09:53 PM »
I read there are going to be 45 deleted scenes on the blu-ray set.  The prequel dvds have 21 scenes altogether, so that is 24 scenes to get excited for.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2011, 02:27 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2011, 03:51 PM »
Star Wars Blu-Ray Trailer 2

Well crap.  Now I need to get a Blue Ray Player.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2011, 01:46 AM »
Any word/rumors on free goodies stores might be giving out on release day? I'd rather pre-order from Amazon but I'm holding out to see if there's anything good at retail.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2011, 06:09 PM »
You can pre order on amazon up to the last day before it comes out. If there are any store specials they will likely be published in the Sunday paper ads the week before. I am waiting until at least then so I don't miss out on something that migh be worth a few extra dollars.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2011, 02:52 PM »
A list of rumored deleted scenes has hit the web.

Here's the info:

EPISODE I
Trash Talking Droids
The Battle Is Over
Anakin's Return
Battle On The Boarding Ramp
Extended Podrace Wager
Bail Organa of Alderaan

EPISODE II
Extended Speeder Chase
The Lost Twenty
Anakin's Nightmares
Anakin and Ruwee
Raid On The Droid Control Ship and Extended Arena Fight

EPISODE III
Elevator Antics
Escape The Hangar
Changes To The Constitution
Utapau Chase Animatics
Mustafar Duel Animatics
Mustafar Duel
Lava River Animatics
Kashyyyk Attack and Order 66 Animatic
Anakin kills Shaak Ti
Jedi Imposters at the Temple
Senate Duel Anamatic
Yoda Communes with Qui-Gon

EPISODE IV
Tosche Station
Old Woman on Tatooine
Aunt Beru's Blue Milk
The Search for R2-D2
Cantina Rough Cut
Stormtrooper Search
Darth Vader Widens the Search
Alternate Biggs and Luke Reunion

EPISODE V
Han and Leia: Extended Echo Base Argument
Luke's Recovery
Luke and Leia: Medical Center
Deleted Wampa Scenes
The Fate of General Veers
Yoda's Test
Hiding in the Asteroid
Alternate Han and Leia Kiss
Lobot's Capture
Leia Tends to Luke

EPISODE VI
Vader's Arrival and Reaching Out to Luke
Tatooine Sandstorm
Rebel Raid on the Bunker
Jerjerrod's Conflict
Battle of Endor: The Lost Rebels
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Trash Talking Droids

This was already released under Transformers 2. Skids and Mudflap.

Extended Speeder Chase

Extended? Wow! I thought the chase was long enough as it was. Good thing it was chopped down.

The others look pretty cool though. Especially the OT ones. I love that we'll see Veers' fate since it was pretty cool in the book (I think it was Zev though that took him out).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2011, 11:58 PM »
Yeah there's actually stills people THINK are from that scene, but could've just been production stuff.  I can't wait to see that.  Little bummed they didn't list extended Hoth fighting, but the Rebel Raid on the Bunker on Endor is all kinds of awesome IMO.  Really gave the Rebels a little more screentime.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77