Author Topic: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack  (Read 85228 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2008, 08:21 AM »
Man, that thing's uuuugly.  They're much cuter in the Star Wars Lego game.  Now I don't feel so bad about Luke targeting them in his T-16.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2008, 10:20 AM »
They may be ugly but they sure are good eat'n!

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2008, 11:49 PM »
I never thought that was a womp rat. I thought they were smaller? It is cool they offered something different in this set. Would have been really cool to get a better Owen and Beru though. I'll be getting this when I see it. I really like the homestead.
roron corobb.
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2008, 02:24 AM »
I never thought that was a womp rat. I thought they were smaller?

[nerd photographic memory]"I used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home.  They're not much bigger than 2 meters."[/nerd photographic memory]
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2008, 10:10 AM »
I feel like we're being abused with these sets, especially this one. The playset part is really, really cheep to make, probably about as cheep as a basic figure, and the others are just repacks which are even cheeper for Hasbro to produce. Realistically, I would guess that the true retail value of this set should be $25. Everything over that is abuse.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2008, 11:42 AM »
It's definitely overpriced.  That's the price we have to pay for this being a TRU exclusive.  This would probably be $15 or so cheaper at Target (they just overprice the "single figure" exclusives it seems).

$35 or $50... if you're willing to pay $35 or so, then I'd think $50 is doable too.  That's just the price of two figures extra.  Yeah, it's overpriced, but if one wants something that bad, especially considering the thousands of dollars we've already dropped on this line, then I don't see why $15 would stand between adding something this unique into one's collection.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2008, 11:59 AM »
I can't really tell what I'm going to do on this set yet.

It looks like a really nice, well scaled/sculpted house, but is it over-priced at $50?  I really have no idea until I have it in my hands and can check it out in person.  Pictures are great, but there is nothing like holding something in your own hands and looking it over yourself. 

$50 is a lot, but TRU has been running a lot of "Spend $x, Get $x off" type coupons that can soften the blow a bit...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2008, 02:05 PM »
$50 is a lot, but I don't buy a lot of big items, so I may consider purchasing this.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2008, 02:35 PM »
It looks like a really nice, well scaled/sculpted house, but is it over-priced at $50?  I really have no idea until I have it in my hands and can check it out in person.  Pictures are great, but there is nothing like holding something in your own hands and looking it over yourself. 

$50 is a lot, but TRU has been running a lot of "Spend $x, Get $x off" type coupons that can soften the blow a bit...

Very good points Jeff.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2008, 05:07 PM »
I just can't believe we are looking at those sculpts for the Lars. I love the idea of props/playsets, but that doesn't mean they can't find a way to make them bad.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2008, 05:19 PM »
2 meters

Why, that's no bigger than a womp rat!

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2008, 06:06 PM »
I guess it's a good thing for business that it went to TRU and not Target, otherwise it'd be 75% off in under 45 days.   It's just so... so... geez.  I like the Womp Rat, and I like the house, but in this configuration it seems like Toys "R" Us could choke on it unless it's part of an elaborate holiday promotion.  I'll be buying one, of course. 

I really hope it does well so other fun bits of scenery could see production in the future.  I really liked the turret.  The pit of carkoon looks like it'll make a nice little display on my shelf.  It's just amusing after years of hearing the phrase "kid appeal" with higher dollar products that something like this comes up, which probably would be one of the most boring gift sets one could find under a tree on Christmas morning.   Unless, you know, you're a collector.  In which case it's pretty awesome.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2008, 08:38 PM »
^ Absolutely Adamn, absolutely. 

Boring non-action feature diorama stuff = cool in my book. 

I hope it does well too, and want to see many more environment pieces such as this, as I've been holding out hope for stuff like this for years... and also trying to make my own/buy them from other customizers.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2008, 07:46 PM »
But is it worth $50 to more than just the hardcore crowd?   I personally have real doubts that fans (young or old) are going to support an environment with figures in this configuration.  Maybe if it had Luke, it might sell better to kids... or if it had Camie/Fixer/etc., there might be collectors buying it just for the figures.  But as it stands, it's going to be the building or the womp rat that makes the sale, and I gotta say I don't think it's going to be easy to seal the deal.

With items like this, the Falcon, and the AT-TE, it's going to be very interesting to see where collector dollars go in such a crowded 5 months.   It certainly doesn't provide a lot of bang for the buck, but man, is it neat.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2008, 09:28 PM »
Right on every point AP....

I'm not buying this set unless I get a deal on it.  Very boring IMO, but I'd buy it at $35-$40.  I know that TRU charges more for their exclusives, but $50 is beyond insane.

Bring me some blue milk
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN