Author Topic: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack  (Read 84708 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack
« Reply #255 on: September 26, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Even on exclusives?  In my experience in retail, there can be a huge variance.

If there's a variance, it's usually on the side of less mark up for promotional sake.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 26, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Did you notice in the background they put an old dewback with the buff-style sandtrooper?

Yeah, I did see that - pretty funny.  I dig the dio they made for it, but that really just shows me that know the base is lame.  Heh.  At least the dome is removable.

This thing seems to have a lower approval rating than Congress... yet, I'm not seeing them sitting at TRU.  I couldn't find one if I hadn't gotten it the first day it was out here in St. Louis.  There's three different TRU in my area that I hit on a semi-regular basis, and no stores in my area have had them in a couple weeks now.  I suppose that more could be on the way, and they'll sit, but so far they haven't been a hindrance that I can see.

I wonder if they hadn't made a base for it, and instead had included a Dewback, if people would like it better.

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2008, 02:05 PM »
I saw four of them at my TRU a week ago and passed.  Decided i wanted to get it (for the dome only), went back yesterday and they were all gone.  Hope they get more in!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Hope they get more in!

I don't think you have to worry about that.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2008, 03:23 PM »
I really think TRUS gets offered the stuff WalMart and Target pass on $50 bucks for this piece of crap! JUSt SAY NO to harbro when they try and push this crap on us their loyal customer base, this thing is a disgrace!  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 7, 2008, 01:05 PM »
I saw one of these on the shelf at our local TRU this weekend, but at $50, I just couldn't pull the trigger.  I'd really like to have the hut (and I actually don't have the earlier craptastic Beru/Owen either), but it just seems like a lot of money for what it is.  Plus, the online reviews were less than stellar, so I held off for now.  If it was $30, I'd have bought it for sure, but right now I'm still on the fence with it.  I may wait for a sale/coupon as well, and see if that works out.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #261 on: October 7, 2008, 01:11 PM »
My girlfriend surprised me and got the set for me ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 7, 2008, 01:16 PM »
I have a $10 off any $75 purchase I got a few weeks back, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.  $35 - like first reported would have been much more manageable (with the $10 off coupon of course) 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 7, 2008, 09:50 PM »
I have a $10 off any $75 purchase I got a few weeks back, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.  $35 - like first reported would have been much more manageable (with the $10 off coupon of course) 

This should have been $29.99 or less along with the other battle packs.  I still get pissed every time I hear about this stupid set.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 9, 2008, 09:52 AM »
One big problem too is that TRU is NOT known for clearance/discounts. So this thing is going to collect some major dust on their shelves. I want the set, but won't buy it for that much. I really only want the hut and womprat. The figures I could care less about.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 9, 2008, 09:55 AM »
You got that right Sal. My stores are still sitting on tons of Bantha's and Geonosis Arena sets. They're pretty beat up, but they're still sitting on them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 9, 2008, 09:59 AM »
Yeah, the only things I ever really notice TRU clearancing out are things like the Golden Compass figures, or crap like that.  Its pretty rare when you see any Star Wars stuff getting the clearance stickers.  Heck, our local store has a display within the front store "Clone Wars" display full of Elis Herlots for $7.99 each.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 9, 2008, 10:00 AM »
Heck, our local store has a display within the front store "Clone Wars" display full of Elis Herlots for $7.99 each.

Same here, only with Juno Eclipse and Pit Droids. It's pretty funny.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #268 on: October 9, 2008, 11:01 AM »
$50 seems to be the new favorable exclusive price point. Target TRU and WM all have that magical price point this year. All of the retailers are got wise to the fact that these will sell no matter what. So far I am 2 for 3 with plunking down the money for them It will soon be 3 for 3 when the Sarlacc UBP gets released. Face it, they got us by the balls with these. I sold all 3 figures from the Lars set to make up some of the cost but I still like this item a lot. If the base was "real" plastic I would not have a second thought.

Those who plan on waiting for this set to be put on clearance can join those who waited for the Saga2 Endor AT-AT, Saga2 Dagobah X-Wing, TAC Bantha BP. Those 3 items never went on clearance. There is still hope as some TRU's have the X-Wings and Bantha's still hanging around........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 9, 2008, 12:31 PM »
They don't have me by the nads. I've passed on a whole lot of crapola this year.

I'm not taking the chance that I can sell the unwanted figures. The set even WITH the figures shouldn't be any more than $35. At that price I'd buy it and then take a chance on selling the figs. I don't want to start out with what I perceive as being $15 in the hole with this set.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010