Author Topic: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack  (Read 84706 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Disturbance at the Lars Homestead Battle Pack?
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2008, 02:08 AM »
Perhaps we will get PT Owen and Beru in the basic line, and then they will repack and rerelease them with the dome in a couple of years (the AOTC tenth anniversary or something).
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2008, 02:35 AM »
Glad we're on the same page Sal.   :)

Lando my friend, I was pretty sure you did want this... I think it will sell pretty well.  Maybe not as well as something completely Imperial or Clone related, but it's really nice to see variety in the line with sets like these.

Also, I don't think we're going to see many new figures thrown into Battle Packs either Rob - Hasbro's basic premise is to use these as an easy way to rehash figures into the line.  I was throwing out different scenarios regarding what could make it a more appealing set.  If we get any sort of new figures in this, great.  But I don't think anyone who has a memory of Battle Packs is holding their breath for that... you don't actually believe that anyone's expecting to see two different versions of all new figures in this do you?

Regarding the comparison to the Kashyyyk Battle Pack - I don't see too much of a comparison actually Jesse... yeah it's a good value, but look at what's in it -

Vader - Always on the pegs.  Nothing new or different here.

Stormtroopers - Been in abundance for quite a while now, and similar version already sitting on shelves collecting dust (Tantive IV set).

Wookiees - Kind of lost their luster I think, plus all we're really looking at is a repack of figures that were easy as pie to find for most of 2005-2006.  Now, if the Wookiees had been new, probably a different story.

Nathan, that's a pretty good idea you have there...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2008, 09:16 AM »
I'm kind of excited to get the dome. However, if the teaser picture is any hint, the selling point could be the squad of troopers confronting the Lars. I'd be interesting to get all the Sandie variants in one pack.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Lame...lame...lame ::) ::) ::) ::)

Q3. A mock up of the long rumored Disturbance at the Lars Homestead has turned up. Now this mock up is showing the POTF 2 Owen Lars, is the Owen going to be replaced with a new one? That mold is old and doesn't hold up compared to the new figures. Is the igloo dome plastic and does it have a
removable top or anything inside? Finally, can you possibly through in the crispy Owen and Beru skeletons in there as an accessory? After all, you have released skeletons and crispy characters before (Amanaman's accessory and Sith Anakin)
Thanks again for letting us have the opportunity to ask questions.

A3. To be honest, this was a bear of set for us to produce and our expense is tied up in the homestead itself, so even though we wanted to, we could not get the figures updated (the alternative was never doing the set at all).
The dome is injection-molded plastic and there is a table on the inside fastened to the base. The crispy skeletons are not included... we aren't planning to do them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2008, 10:11 PM »
I'm not surprised, and I think I'm gonna pass on this one maybe.  I don't want the dome this badly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2008, 11:20 PM »
I'm sort of torn...

On one hand, I want to support the set because it is a new playset/display piece; but on the other hand, it sort of sucks to pay $35 for a house (even Luke's house) and crappy PotF2 repaints.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2008, 01:25 AM »
Made this a few years back, so it's a pass for me, but I'm consistently surprised how Hasbro is getting to making most of the things I never thought they would!  Here's mine:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2008, 09:32 AM »
I'll take yours, thank you.

But, yeah, Lame that we're getting POTF2 molds.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2008, 10:00 AM »
Regardless of the old figures included (do not forget we get 2 Sandtroopers too) I am happy they are making this at all. Let's be a little realistic with expectations ,we cannot get everything new in a set like this. At least Hasbro is trying to take a stab at more display pieces. (I was happy last year when we got a new Hoth Turret) This is a Diaroma backdrop at the end of the day and not really a play set, so in this case I am not missing "features". Re-enacting a Lars dinner is not on the top of my list of pivotal action scenes. I will gladly pay for more of these kinds of sets, even if they use old figures in them, they are still great custom fodder. If the paint jobs are improved on the Lars from the old ones like the new WM Droid factory sets reissues, I will take that as a step in the right direction.

If you really think about this is a better value than the $40.00/$55 vehicles like the recently overused Tie.
Hasbro, please do some sort of Bespin/Cloud City Chambers please!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2008, 03:21 PM »
It's a preview of SDCC Preview Night, thanks to Comingsoon.net:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:09 PM by Jeff »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2008, 03:32 PM »
Does it come with skeletons? Maybe inside the building?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Hasbro already said "no skeletons" in the Q&A:

"The crispy skeletons are not included... we aren't planning to do them."

Offline Padawan Wagaboodles

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose wisely
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2008, 05:06 PM »
I do like the homestead, but I'd much rather see updated Lars family figures soon. Beru isn't bad (for a POTF2 figure), but that Owen figure is terrible.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2008, 08:04 PM »
The figures suck as they're repacks, but Hasbro's finally looking at a new way towards making playsets - make them actually look like something out of the films, not this garbage.

A definite must buy for me.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Crap. I love me some Tatooine scenery (I have a dream of making a huge Tuskens vs. Sand Troopers Dio/Photonovel) but $50 might be too steep for this. Both this house, the Skiff, and the Sarlaac pit would be put to much use in my collection but I'm not even sure I can justify them at their price points.