Author Topic: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack  (Read 85090 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack
« Reply #270 on: October 9, 2008, 10:39 PM »
Those who plan on waiting for this set to be put on clearance can join those who waited for the Saga2 Endor AT-AT, Saga2 Dagobah X-Wing, TAC Bantha BP. Those 3 items never went on clearance. There is still hope as some TRU's have the X-Wings and Bantha's still hanging around........

I can't remember the last time I found anything on clearance at TRU.  That's why I just bought the damn thing the first time I saw it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2008, 01:00 PM »
I bought this over a month ago, and haven't looked back.  Glad that it's set up in a diorama and is now collecting dust on my shelves rather than at TRU.

On Monday, my TRU had 4 more of these in... went back yesterday and only one was left.  So apparently not everyone and their mother is passing on it.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2008, 03:15 PM »
I only saw this at TRU once - I loved the look of the hut, but I just couldn't convince myself to pay the steep cost for it.

Of course, now they're out of stock and I'm having second thoughts.  I just wish I could take a closer look at it again and finally decide whether to grab it or not.  :-\

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Our TRU here in Fort Collins just moved down the road to a much bigger building. The new store opened up around August 31st and the old store wasn't getting any new stock in for the last month or two before it closed. The new store got a **** ton of 7/26 release product, the probelm is it was all over a month late. So now it is so jam packed with crap that should have been sold months ago that there isn't any room on the shelves for the Lars pack.

I initially was pretty excited about this set, when it was supposed to be about $35 that is. All I really want is the hut and the womp rat. And there is no way in hell I can justify $50 for them. The Sandtrooper and moisture vaporator are nice and I wouldn't mind another one of each but they don't offset price difference. Maybe my opinion will change if I ever see it in person, but honestly I really don't mind passing on it at this point.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2008, 09:23 AM »
Opened this up last night and - wow, that base really is crappy. Not that I didn't believe the reports, I didn't think the plastic could be that flimsy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2008, 05:48 PM »
I only saw this at TRU once - I loved the look of the hut, but I just couldn't convince myself to pay the steep cost for it.

Of course, now they're out of stock and I'm having second thoughts.  I just wish I could take a closer look at it again and finally decide whether to grab it or not.  :-\

I saw it again today.  Once I confirmed the $50 price (the package was damaged), I had to walk away.  I really want that hut, but I will NOT pay that ridiculous price.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 17, 2008, 07:09 PM »
Not sure if this has been brought up yet or not, but I noticed a variant on this sucker this evening on two sets that were on the shelf at my local TRU.  One of the domes was completely off white, the other set I saw was all creme colored with a wash (same color) as the base going up from the bottom 1-2 inches all the way around the dome.

I still have a $10 off any $75 purchase that expires tomorrow.  I still just couldn't bring myself into buying this set.   :-\
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 07:17 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 17, 2008, 08:42 PM »
I still haven't seen this yet, despite two special trips to TRU looking for it. I'll have to see it in person to decide whether or not I want to pull the trigger.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #278 on: October 17, 2008, 09:48 PM »
I saw this for 44.00 last nite...but bought the Akator/Indiana Jones playset...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 23, 2008, 01:33 AM »
I saw this pack for the first time at the Dublin TRU in Nor Cal.  The set looks nice, but I passed on it due to the price.  I did take a few pics of the set with my phone, so I can admire the scene when I wish.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2008, 12:31 AM »
I saw at least 8 at a TRU near me last weekend.  I am tempted  to get it anyway even though I whined about the price.  It would just be a nice addition to a Tatooine dio.  I just feal like it's $15-$20 overpriced. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2008, 06:23 PM »
...I caved and bought the white dome last week before my coupon expired.  Hard for me to resist any $10 off coupon.  Anyone else noticing the variant or am I just seeing things?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2008, 09:32 PM »
...I caved and bought the white dome last week before my coupon expired.  Hard for me to resist any $10 off coupon.  Anyone else noticing the variant or am I just seeing things?

White dome versus what?  I can't believe you caved on this...well okay, I can believe you caved on it, but I'm still not willing to buy it unless it gets down to the $25 range.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2008, 08:59 PM »

White dome versus what?  I can't believe you caved on this...well okay, I can believe you caved on it, but I'm still not willing to buy it unless it gets down to the $25 range.

I'm still seeing two versions to this day at TRU unless it's some stupid exclusive to certain MN TRU's which you can't find?   ::)     Peace be with you.....and the force   :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2008, 10:08 PM »

I'm still seeing two versions to this day at TRU unless it's some stupid exclusive to certain MN TRU's which you can't find?   ::)     Peace be with you.....and the force   :)

I've seen both versions as well.

Version 1: Homestead is tan with brownish/red vertical streaks near the foundation

Version 2: Homestead is a very pale off white/eggshell color without the brownish/red vertical streaks

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:11 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird