Author Topic: Legacy Wave 3 - Repaints/Repacks  (Read 38868 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 3 - Repaints/Repacks
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Thanks.

Cheep. Even for a repaint figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2008, 12:06 PM »
I will get the S Trooper and grey Coruscant trooper.  That is all I care to get from this wave.  I may go for the "engineer".  Maybe.  I do like the silver RA-7 but not enough to buy each figure in the wave to get it. 

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2008, 01:17 PM »
I will get the S Trooper and grey Coruscant trooper.  That is all I care to get from this wave.  I may go for the "engineer".  Maybe.  I do like the silver RA-7 but not enough to buy each figure in the wave to get it. 

I thought the Silver RA-7 was the BAD for Wave 4 and that the Black RA-7 was the BAD for Wave 3? I'm so confused...  ???
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Black goes with wave 3. Silver goes with wave 4.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2008, 05:48 PM »
I'm with you on that, save the money buy/trade the parts.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Didn't Hasbro say at some point that they weren't going to pack "new" droid parts with repackaged figures, making it easy for long-time collectors to skip repacks and not miss out on the droids?  I fail to see how that is coming to pass, what with the Piell/Yaddle and (arguably) DSG and Saleucami Clone figures being more or less straight repacks with minimal paint changes.  Oh well, no silver DSD for me I suppose, and so much for Hasbro's word on that pre-line promise.  I guess it went the same way that the "increased price for comic packs means increased articulation" comment did.   :-\

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2008, 02:19 AM »
Didn't Hasbro say at some point that they weren't going to pack "new" droid parts with repackaged figures, making it easy for long-time collectors to skip repacks and not miss out on the droids? 

I think you have it backwards.  Hasbro is going to package ONLY the current droid parts with figures.  So if you get Wave 3, and it has a Wave 1 figure in it, it's going to come with whatever the Wave 3 droid parts are.  This is to ensure that if a store gets a case, a customer could (in theory) buy enough parts to build the whole droid at once, assuming they were the first one to the shelves.

So if you're not a long-time collector, you're going to miss out on the earlier build-a-droids.  This is probably (I assume) to encourage collectors to continue hunting and buy figures on sight for fear of not being able to assemble the droid.  Or maybe to encourage case sales, as a case should always have 2 or 3 complete BAFs per box.

At the same time, there's some other variations out there.  For example, there's a special repack case Entertainment Earth (and other online stores) sells with multiple Evo Troopers and Kashyyyk Troopers.  Each one in the box has a *different* droid piece in order to "complete" the droid, meaning that's another extremely hard-to-find variant for those looking to get all figures with all droid parts.  The Kashyyyk Troopers in this case have EITHER leg (one of each), and the Evos have both the torso and the head.  So if you got this case and just cracked open the repackaged troopers, blammo, another R4-D6 for your army of dark blue droids.

It's going to get messy as we go, I'm sure.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Here was the quote you were thinking of DP (with interesting bits bolded for those who like to skim) from an April Q&A answer:

Here is our approach:  First, the Droid Factory line is designed so that collectors only have to buy one of each new (and that includes new tool as well as refreshed/updated) figure to get every part needed to complete every bonus buildable droid.  If collectors just bought 1 each of figures 1-52 (approximate number we expect by end of Spring 2009) in the first wave in which they are introduced, they will have all the droids. 

Second, there is some redundancy built into the lineup in two ways: there will be select "greatest hits" that round out the case packs that will carry duplicates of the droid parts (these are usually kid-targeted figures, or figures where nothing has changed so figure completists can ignore these), as well as typical carryforwards we do from wave to wave to maximize potential for certain characters. Sometimes there will be 2 of each new figure in every case, and some waves will have 1 of each new figure as well as some greatest hits/carryforwards from prior waves.

Third, when figures are carried forward from one wave to the next, they will switch to the new droids available rather than carryforward what would be an "old" part when the new droids are intro'd.  So that means that when we get to Wave 2, for example, it will only be protocol droid parts in the case pack and no Astro Droid parts, and vice-versa. This is to give a more ample distribution of each new droid as our intent is to NOT make certain droids scarcer overall but to have good availability.  This does mean that popular characters that will be continued across waves, such as Vader, will have several droid combinations possible depending upon how many waves he is slotted into.  We are cognizant of minimizing these variations and are working to keep these combinations down for the true completist who has to have everything, but carryforwards are inevitable to satisfy our kid market.

I'm guessing they specifically put the whole "as well as refreshed/updated" statement in the first part in there as CYA for a repaint wave. :P

In the second part they clearly say "figures where nothing has changed" get redundant droid parts so collectors can skip them.  Unfortunately, the repaint wave figures all have refreshed/improved/different paint aps, making them "new" enough for a new droid piece in Hasbro's eyes.

The third part of the quote was the part that Adam was talking about...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:49 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Here was the quote you were thinking of DP (with interesting bits bolded for those who like to skim) from an April Q&A answer:

Yep, that's the exact one I was thinking of.  Thanks, Jeff. :)

The one (or two) that actually bothers me most about this wave is the Piell/Yaddle set.  Clone and EU Mandalorian repaints I can handle (even if I don't actually want 2/3 of them), a holographic figure is okay, and even the DSG/BFII slight repaint is acceptable, if a little dubious, but Piell/Yaddle is pretty much a straight repack, regardless of paint apps.  Yes, they have lightsabers this time around, but if the reissue of Poof at the tail end of TSC is any indication, the lightsaber is an old piece as well, and the paint app differences are going to be negligible. 

Hopefully, Hasbro will, at the very least, include the same piece from the Piell/Yaddle set in a repackaged army builder from an earlier wave (such as the Clone Scuba Trooper or the ARC Quad Gunner) or another GH-style army builder so it will make buying a figure for a droid appendage a bit less nauseating. :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2008, 09:43 AM »
ONly one I've managed to find from this wave so far has been the Gray Clone and I have to say that I really dig the figure. That paint scheme looks really sharp on a proper #41 body.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2008, 11:08 AM »
I was able to get the grey clone,jodo, and dooku.\

Grey clone= Looks awsome but again the only thing I hate is the fact that the #41 body still cannot sit. I also noticed the grey straps that are supposed to go around the shoulders does not on mine. 4/5

Dooku= Its a holo figure with great articulation..even though it is not needed. I didnt want to buy him but figured that I wanted the droid so I might as well. Besides buying it in the states was already saving me $4 anyways. 4/5

Jodo Kast= BS figure. The arms are loose as hell because of the action feature and then head is just as bad. Add to the fact that the pose they have him in warps his legs a little making it hard to stand. Only thing this figure has going is great paint apps. 2/5

my half build a droid looks cool so far but the arm is crap because of the articulation they choose. It is not SA and I dont see why they couldnt have just used 4-loms arms instead.

School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Okay H needs to release a list for these B-A-D things I know we've got a list going here but H should really be the one cause even though I didn't purchase them there adding stuff that would be much easier if H gave us a list to go by ahead of time.  This is what I saw just less then 1/2 hour ago at Target.

Imp Evo w/left black arm RA-7
Multi Vader w/right black leg RA-7
Obi in Clone Armor w/ black torso RA-7
Kashyyyk trooper w/right black arm RA-7

There was the 2 pack jedi w/left black leg RA-7 which was assuming supposed to come with them, by the way what's up w/ Mr. Pinky hands.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2008, 06:34 PM »
Okay H needs to release a list for these B-A-D things I know we've got a list going here but H should really be the one cause even though I didn't purchase them there adding stuff that would be much easier if H gave us a list to go by ahead of time.  This is what I saw just less then 1/2 hour ago at Target.

Imp Evo w/left black arm RA-7
Multi Vader w/right black leg RA-7
Obi in Clone Armor w/ black torso RA-7
Kashyyyk trooper w/right black arm RA-7

There was the 2 pack jedi w/left black leg RA-7 which was assuming supposed to come with them, by the way what's up w/ Mr. Pinky hands.

and the quad cannon clone comes with the head. :-\ I was at the cashier when I noticed it and because of that I am still missing the wave 2 version of him.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2008, 06:48 PM »
Wow - so this wave (and the "extra" figures that come with it) confirms that droid parts will change from wave-to-wave.

Am I the only one who finds this absolutely ridiculous?

So if I don't find the six figures from Wave 3 in Wave 3 cases then I'm running the risk of NOT getting the six Wave 3 figures with pieces of the black RA-7 droid?!?!?

The cases are TWELVE figures each. There are SIX figures in the wave. Pack 2x of each figure in the wave and CALL IT A DAY!

::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2008, 07:17 PM »
Wow - so this wave (and the "extra" figures that come with it) confirms that droid parts will change from wave-to-wave.

Am I the only one who finds this absolutely ridiculous?

So if I don't find the six figures from Wave 3 in Wave 3 cases then I'm running the risk of NOT getting the six Wave 3 figures with pieces of the black RA-7 droid?!?!?

The cases are TWELVE figures each. There are SIX figures in the wave. Pack 2x of each figure in the wave and CALL IT A DAY!

::)

That's what I'm saying, snooze you lose.  I wouldn't have gotten the Gree that comes with the Black R4 if I'd known I coulda got him with the Black RA-7 instead.  C'mon H release a list of who comes with what!