Author Topic: Legacy Wave 3 - Repaints/Repacks  (Read 38871 times)

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 3 - Repaints/Repacks
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2008, 03:48 PM »
I want this Jedi 2pack, but I really don't know if they will come to Germany, it seems like the ROTS wave would come first? :o
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 1, 2008, 12:25 AM »
If anyone ends up with any extra BAD parts from this wave - let me know.  I'm looking for a head, left arm, and right leg.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2008, 12:54 PM by Rob »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 1, 2008, 10:49 AM »
I was just over at HTS, and it looks like they are offering a "value pack" for this wave with one each of the figures for $44.99.  Not a tremendous savings necessarily, but of course its put up right after I get confirmation of my previous order shipping.  It would be nice if they continue to do these "value sets" for upcoming waves as well.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 2, 2008, 08:48 AM »
It would be nice if they continue to do these "value sets" for upcoming waves as well.

As long as they sell well, they should keep offering them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 3, 2008, 10:10 AM »
I was just over at HTS, and it looks like they are offering a "value pack" for this wave with one each of the figures for $44.99.  Not a tremendous savings necessarily, but of course its put up right after I get confirmation of my previous order shipping.  It would be nice if they continue to do these "value sets" for upcoming waves as well.

I hear ya. I'd have bought this set from them immediately if it were up sooner.

Ah well...  So do we take the chance and wait that Hasbro will do this with subsequent waves?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2008, 09:55 AM »
I received this wave via HTS yesterday, and although I'll admit that I bought the majority of this wave just to get the Build-a-Droid - it is a pretty disappointing wave overall to me.  I really like the Coruscant Clonetrooper, and the RA-7 B-a-D is great as well.  I guess the Jedi two pack is alright for those who missed them before, but I had them from the Council Packs.  The Saleucami trooper is a nice enough figure too, but not one I necessarily needed another one of.  Same goes for the Imperial Engineer, which will fit in with the Imperials nicely enough.  I do feel sorry for fans of Jodo Kast, because to me, that's a pretty crappy figure.  I know there was likely a reason for them to use that sculpt, but it really doesn't hold up after all the nice Fetts/Mandos we've gotten in the past few years.  Anyways, like I said, I'm a sucker who bought a bunch of figures I didn't necessarily want just to get the build-a-droid - but it seems like there could have been a lot better choices for a repaint wave for the most part.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2008, 10:00 AM »
I've found everything in this wave at brick and mortar stores except for Jodo Kast.  I'm a little surprised that this is such a popular figure.  I've only seen Jodo in stock at collector shops that are charging $12.  I won't pay such a ridiculous price.  I have a hard time paying $9.99 for a figure at KayBee after all.

Regardless of that, I picked up another Quad Cannon Clone so that I could finish off the RA-7 droid.  That's actually the best BAF droid of the bunch thus far.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2008, 10:07 AM »
I received this wave via HTS yesterday, and although I'll admit that I bought the majority of this wave just to get the Build-a-Droid - it is a pretty disappointing wave overall to me.  I really like the Coruscant Clonetrooper, and the RA-7 B-a-D is great as well.  I guess the Jedi two pack is alright for those who missed them before, but I had them from the Council Packs.  The Saleucami trooper is a nice enough figure too, but not one I necessarily needed another one of.  Same goes for the Imperial Engineer, which will fit in with the Imperials nicely enough.  I do feel sorry for fans of Jodo Kast, because to me, that's a pretty crappy figure.  I know there was likely a reason for them to use that sculpt, but it really doesn't hold up after all the nice Fetts/Mandos we've gotten in the past few years.  Anyways, like I said, I'm a sucker who bought a bunch of figures I didn't necessarily want just to get the build-a-droid - but it seems like there could have been a lot better choices for a repaint wave for the most part.

You pretty much summed up my experience with this wave.

I bought a squads worth of Imp Engineers and want more Coruscant clones. I've got many left over parts now. In fact I bought another Jodo Kast and 2-pack Jedi set to make another RA-7. But I really don't want the extra Jodo or Jedis and am looking to trade/sell the RA-7.

I'll sell the Jodo for $5 and the 2 Jedi as a set for $5 (both without the droid parts). I haven't made up my mind on the trade for RA-7 so if anyone is interested, PM me.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2008, 10:08 AM »
I've found everything in this wave at brick and mortar stores except for Jodo Kast.  I'm a little surprised that this is such a popular figure.  I've only seen Jodo in stock at collector shops that are charging $12.  I won't pay such a ridiculous price.  I have a hard time paying $9.99 for a figure at KayBee after all.

Regardless of that, I picked up another Quad Cannon Clone so that I could finish off the RA-7 droid.  That's actually the best BAF droid of the bunch thus far.

I've got an extra Jodo. You want him? (without the droid part)

Just $5 plus exact shipping. LMK.

-Sal

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Thanks for the offer Sal.  But I'll wait until I find one at a store.  I'm still hunting for the WalMart exclusives and the comic 2-pack wave with Thrawn.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Thanks for the offer Sal.  But I'll wait until I find one at a store.  I'm still hunting for the WalMart exclusives and the comic 2-pack wave with Thrawn.

No problem. Looks like I have a buyer for it now.

So basically after the sale of the figure I will have paid about $2 for a little head of a droid.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Found Jodo Kast today. He's a really crappy figure, but the gorgeous paintjob more than makes up for it. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2008, 02:14 AM »
I can't find the Jedi myself yet, not that I really want them either, but gotta get that droid part.  Found a Jodo but really just need parts from the Jedi and Jodo, not the figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2008, 09:10 AM »
I was able to trade for those extra parts, so anyone might want to keep that in mind before pulling the trigger on spending 7-8 bucks a droid part.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2008, 07:37 PM »
The piece from the Jedi (which are relatively abundant around here) is the only one I still need, but I just have no need for those figures. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!