Author Topic: More Ultimate Battlepacks  (Read 14854 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
More Ultimate Battlepacks
« on: March 15, 2008, 05:17 PM »
According to Curto, there's more UBP's on tap... 

Endor Celebration:
Darth Vader (Funeral Pyre)
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Red Sullustian Pilot
Obi-Wan Spirit
Yoda Spirit
Anakin Spirit (Sebastian Shaw Head)

And a Death Star Escape...

Let the speculation begin.  That Pyre Vader would probably be a hefty "accessory".  Lot of figures in that set too.  Might be interesting.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: More Ultimate Battlepacks
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 05:24 PM »
The Endor Celebration set sounds good to me.  I am assuming they will use the recent Anakin Spirit figure from TAC for the Sebastian Shaw head? Red Sullustan pilot.  That has to be Nien Nunb right or not?  I will fill my drawers if it is yet another Ten Nunb. 

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 06:34 PM »
although the figures sound good  there has to be some sorta accessory to make this set worth it. or even a vehicle. The other two UBP's had a vehicle and an accessory plus a handful of figures. thats what made them a great value. all this set has is 8 figures and what? a stack of wood so vader can be place. hopefully there is something that Curto missed.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Endor Celebration sounds pretty cool. I hope we get the Ewoks' Imperial helmet drums too.

As for the Death Star Escape, I'd like something like this:
Luke Skywalker (TAC w/new head)
Han Solo (VOTC)
Princess Leia (VOTC)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (OTC 'alive' repaint)
Stormtroopers (COTIV) x2
And a large tractor beam accessory.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:43 PM by Jeff »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 09:29 PM »
although the figures sound good  there has to be some sorta accessory to make this set worth it. or even a vehicle. The other two UBP's had a vehicle and an accessory plus a handful of figures. thats what made them a great value. all this set has is 8 figures and what? a stack of wood so vader can be place. hopefully there is something that Curto missed.

I'm hoping that they both contain small playset-like pieces - like for the Endor Celebration Set, I'm sure we'll get a pyre to put Vader on, but I also think there should be the deck and at least two huts to represent a piece of the Ewok village.

With the Death Star Escape, I'm hoping that it will include the tractor beam control assembly. They'll probably put the figures in a hangar-like display, but it will be constructed of cardboard.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Has anyone realized that we might just get a Death Star 2 Luke with the Endor Celebration set?  Of all the ways to slip something like that in, with an Ultimate Battle Pack!

I'm very interested to see what larger pieces might get included in both of these sets.  We got the logs in the previous Endor pack, and the turret in the Hoth pack.  We could be in store for some really cool accessories here!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Larger pieces are the key to these sets.  If they don't have them, then what's the point?

I'd be surprised if the Endor set didn't have more Ewoks in it... as for a large piece, I'd guess the funeral pyre and an Ewok hut.

Death Star set?  Who knows... maybe this could include some sort of environment pieces similar to THIS custom playset.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 03:23 AM »
sounds good but is it true?

For the Death Star Escape I hope it will be this

Luke Skywalker (TAC w/ new Head and stormtrooper belt)
Han Solo (VOTC w/ stormtrooper belt)
Chewbacca (EB w/ hand cuffs)
Princess Leia (VOTC)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (new) probaby will be VOTC repack
Darth Vader (TAC repack)
Stormtroopers x 2 (Tantive IV versions with stormtrooper belt)
Tractor Beam acesscory
Tie Fighter

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 10:12 AM »
I donno about the Endor set. Sounds practical from a set and scene POV, but the only figure that sounds like I can use is the B-Wing pilot.

As for the Death Star escape, that sounds promising. Can't wait to get more detail.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 03:29 PM »
I still really want a Tusken Village set, with a hut and campfire as the centerpiece. Then add

-a couple of Saga1 female Tuskens and kids
-a couple of massifs
-the Saga1 Tusken Camp Anakin with the weapons rack and a new softgoods robe
-and a bunch of Tusken warriors, maybe repainted in slightly new shades.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:32 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 05:17 PM »
A Yavin Rebel Hanger BP would be good.

Don't know if a whole ship would fit in the set but it could include some technicians, pilots, droids, maintenance equipment and a small personnel transporter.

Plenty of scope to repaint stuff and throw in a few new bits.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 09:22 AM »
These both sound pretty good to me, and it will be interesting to see what the "larger" piece to these sets will be.  On their own, the figure lineup sounds pretty spiffy for the Endor set, as it would be nice to get a new, SA Nien Nunb and "spirit of" figures of Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin all together.  I'm thinking that the Death Star Escape set might be where the VOTC Han sculpt is being used (which is why Hasbro said they took it out of the Legends voting).  Once again it is sounding like I want both.  I was only able to pick up one last year (Hoth), but it might be more difficult choosing one over the other this year.  Oh well, its only March, so it could be awhile before we get all the details on these.

I am wondering what the larger pieces would be for these sets though.  I saw this comment in the "Galactic Blogger" over at GH last week, and it seems curious with this UBP news now:

The proposed Ewok BBQ wave would have been a cool addition (especially if Hasbro decides to put out the Ewok Village at the end of the year as an Ultimate Battle Pack).

It might be just a shot in the dark, and it would almost seem to be "too much" to get the Ewok Village along with all of those figures for $50 - but man would that be spiffy.  If we're getting two more of these after Thanksgiving again, it sure is going to be an expensive year again.  Yikes.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 09:37 AM »
I still really want a Tusken Village set, with a hut and campfire as the centerpiece. Then add

-a couple of Saga1 female Tuskens and kids
-a couple of massifs
-the Saga1 Tusken Camp Anakin with the weapons rack and a new softgoods robe
-and a bunch of Tusken warriors, maybe repainted in slightly new shades.

I like this idea however I'd rather have the Evo Padawan Anakin instead of the Saga1 Tusken Camp Anakin.

If the Endor Celebration is true and they put the Jedi Spirits I would hope they would make an accurate Obi Wan. And maybe throw in some Ewoks using the Romba and Graak molds.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 02:48 PM »
Endor Celebration:
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Red Sullustian Pilot
Obi-Wan Spirit
Yoda Spirit

I was just thinking about this possible figure lineup again, and overall, this could be pretty nice.  The Funeral Pyre Vader is something that many of us have asked for, and will probably be pretty cool.  The Luke could be a repack of the TAC version, or an all-new DS II version (although that would stink for those not wanting the whole pack, but wanting the Luke).  Han is likely a VTSC Endor repack, and hopefully Chewie will be a VOTC repack.  I'm really hoping the Red Sullistan Pilot is a new Nien Nunb, possibly utilizing some of the Evolutions figure that is coming up.  The Obi-Wan spirit could be the OTC version (which is nice), Yoda could be a re-cast of the OTC Dagobah Yoda, and a Sebastian Shaw head on the previously done spirit of Anakin makes sense as well.  Overall, it sounds like a nice set to me, even if it is some figures many of us already have.  I don't mind having extras of some of the better to best versions of the main characters anyways.

As for the possible Death Star Escape set, I really hope we see the VOTC Han and Leia in this set for sure, hopefully along with EB Chewbacca and a nice ANH Luke (and more Stormies).  For all the Tatooine Lukes we've gotten, we still haven't really gotten the "ultimate" version yet (although I'd rather have it single carded than just in an UBP).  The dream would be to have the Death Star playset from the vintage days in here, but that won't happen.  Maybe a couple of the smaller POTF2 sets or something could be included - or something all new like the turret/logs from last year's sets.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:07 PM by Brian »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 06:32 PM »
Looking at that list, this is what would satisfy me enough to actually buy it:

I suppose this would have to be a modified/new sculpt and would have the pyre itself, the figure, and attachable flames coming off of it.

Luke Skywalker

2007 30AC Jabba's Palace Luke with a gloved hand, new belt, and a new upper torso with the shirt unbuttoned slightly (the white panel thing hanging open).

Han Solo

Probably the second year in a row that they've repacked the 2006 VTSC Endor Han without his coat.

Chewbacca

2004 VOTC Chewbacca, since he has the ROTJ-hairstyle.  ;)

Red Sullustian Pilot

2008 Evolutions Ten Nunb repainted red.

Obi-Wan Spirit

2004 VOTC Obi-Wan in translucent plastic with 2007 30AC Anakin Spirit robe

Yoda Spirit

2004 OTC Yoda (Dagobah Training) in translucent plastic

2007 30AC Anakin Spirit with new head (duh)

As for the Death Star Escape set, I'd like to see the following:

-Han Solo (2004 VOTC with Stormtrooper Belt)

-Luke Skywalker (kitbash of 2007 30AC Tatooine upper body and 2004 OTC lower body (i.e. legs) with a new head and Stormtrooper belt)

-Princess Leia (2004 VOTC)

-Chewbacca (2005 Early Bird with Stormtrooper rifle and binders)

-R2-D2 (2005 R4-G9 repaint; clean deco)

-Obi-Wan Kenobi (new, SA sculpt with soft goods)

-Darth Vader (2007 30AC version)

-C-3P0 (2006 Ewok Throne version with Battle Damage)

-Stormtroopers aplenty

-Dianoga (from 2003 Trash Compactor Screen Scenes)

One thing that I was thinking about however...when asked about the Millennium Falcon in a Q&A a while back, Hasbro stated that they would not answer any more questions about the Millennium Falcon, a comment not dissimilar to their refusal to admit the existence of the Hoth/Endor UBPs this past year and the Imperial Shuttle the year before.  We've also seen the DCPI listing for a 150 dollar Falcon in the Target system, but nobody could figure out what could justify an increased price for the same old ship, not to mention the fact that everyone is wondering what large piece could possibly be included in the Death Star Escape UBP (if it comes to pass) that could justify the UBP motto.  Could it be that all of these seemingly disparate things are one and the same, and that the 150 dollar Millennium Falcon will not only include the same ship we've been buying for years with slight modifications to the interior, but also the aforementioned boatload of figures, thus justifying (debatably) the ridiculous 150 dollar price?

Just thinking out loud...
-