Multimedia > TV-9D9

Star Wars on Spike TV

(1/15) > >>

Brian:
Since this covers the entire Saga, I thought I'd post this here.  Its sort of old news coming back up again, but Spike TV will be airing the entire Saga starting in April.  Star Wars.com has an article up featuring some ads that Spike TV has been showing on billboards, etc. advertising the Saga (beginning April 4th the way it looks).  Even though we all have these on DVD, there's something about them showing on TV that I've always liked.  I can still remember getting excited seeing ads on NBC (I believe) showing Return of the Jedi when I was a kid :P.

Jesse James:
The commercials on Spike have been updating.  They're pretty nice commercials actually and sorta get you fired up for Star Wars on TV.  Weird, I know, but they're edited together nicely.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday they're showing E1, 2, and 3...  I haven't seen when 4, 5, or 6 are airing yet on their commercials.

Jesse James:
I'm depressed that I keep looking forward to this as much as I am.  :-\  I even have HBO and skinemax so technically I've been watching the trilogy for weeks already...  I don't know why but I'm just anxious for this because I guess I'm just a sad nerd.

Brian:

--- Quote ---Friday, Saturday, Sunday they're showing E1, 2, and 3...  I haven't seen when 4, 5, or 6 are airing yet on their commercials.
--- End quote ---

I saw this update at TheForce.net (scroll down), that includes a press release announcing the airing of all six movies.  It sounds like 4, 5, and 6 are airing the following weekend.

I'm in the same boat as you Jesse, for some reason I'm just really excited for this as well.  I can pop the DVDs in at any time, but there's just something about having them on "regular" TV.  I don't know if it brings back memories of the days when my family's movie collection was mostly VHS tapes of movies that were "taped off" TV or what - but I'm looking forward to watching them starting next weekend.

Brian:
They had a guy from Spike TV on the Forcecast this week, discussing the Star Wars movies on Spike TV and he gave a few more details of their plans.

Prequel Trilogy airing nightly starting next weekend (TPM on April 4, AOTC on April 5, ROTS on April 6)
Original Trilogy airing nightly starting the following weekend (ANH on April 11, ESB on April 12, ROTJ on April 13)

In May, they will have "Star Wars Sundays", with one movie each week (actually may start the end of April)

In July, they will have a "Fourth be with You" promo, showing the movies.

Additional airings at Thanksgiving and Christmas (an all day marathon on Christmas Day was mentioned)

Just wanted to pass that along - I'm looking forward to have Star Wars on "regular" TV again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version