Author Topic: Star Wars on Spike TV  (Read 36032 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars on Spike TV
« Reply #30 on: August 5, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Just a heads up for anyone interested, but our cable box is telling me that the Original Trilogy is airing on Spike TV next week, starting with ANH on Monday at 5 and 8 pm (CST).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 08:34 PM »
Watching ANH right now on Spike.  I must say that it's the first time I never really watched the movie, but just paid attention to background characters/droids.  At least on Tatooine. 

Right now I'm just ignoring it.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 09:55 AM »
I was watching ROTJ during commercials of the baseball game last night and I'm sure I've asked this question before, but when are they going to invent the drug/device that lets you watch these movies again without knowing what is going to happen. I want to see Vader and Yoda for the first time again. I want to soil myself when Vader says "I am your father". I want to watch Vader pick up Palpatine and toss him down the tube with his girly scream.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Just a heads up for anyone interested, but it looks like Spike is playing the prequel trilogy this week.  TPM is airing twice tonight, AOTC twice tomorrow, and ROTS twice on Wednesday.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 6, 2009, 01:34 PM »
For anyone interested, Spike TV will be showing most of the SW Saga starting on Sunday.  AOTC and ROTS are on Sunday afternoon/evening, and there is an Original Trilogy marathon scheduled for next Monday (starting at 2 p.m. CST).  It is kind of funny, I think this is the 3rd time they have done this and just left TPM out completely.  Just a heads up.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 6, 2009, 01:44 PM »
I'm getting burnt out with SW being on all the time on Spike.  Normally I'll watch these movies every few years or so.  Not over and over and over again every few weeks/months. 

Yes I know I can change the channel or just not watch or continue to watch and ignore, but still.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Just an update to my last post if anyone is interested, it looks like the full SW marathon (minus TPM) is all airing on Monday (tomorrow), starting at 8 AM with AOTC.  I guess for people who happen to have Columbus Day off from work.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2009, 07:49 PM »
I was surprised to see the OT in a marathon yesterday.  As usual I watched what I could of them.  We also went to the SW In Concert thing yesterday and that was a good show.  Very nerdy day though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Traded in my second bunk flatscreen for another at BB over the weekend.  120Hz is WAY too high for basic (non-HD) cable though.  Everything looked either 3D or that it was shot by a camcorder.  Interesting view on the OT though.   :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2009, 04:05 PM »
That 120 Hz refresh rate is intended for things like sports.  But it totally kills a movie's cinematic feel.  Largely because the image is refreshed far more often than the film frame rate of 24 fps.  It's one thing that I find very unappealing about flatscreen tv's.  I have heard that some flatscreens have menu settings that let you adjust that refresh rate to better suit movies, but I have not seen it in person yet.

And as a point of interest, Spike is running a PT marathon today and the OT tomorrow.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 4, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Partied long into the night yesterday.  Thank god I didn't blow off any fingers or anything.  Been just chillin all day watching SW on Spike in "recovery mode"  I think I'm completely done with these movies now for a few more years.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 6, 2010, 12:21 PM »
I caught portions of the marathon as well.  I usually try to watch at least some of the movies when they are on, even though we all have them on DVD.  This time, I saw most of ANH and pretty much all of ESB, but that was about it.  Popped in on a couple of the others as well, but we were sort of in and out of the house all day.  I do like having the movies shown somewhat regularly on TV though, I can remember a time that all there was really was the rare airing of ANH on local Fox or TBS.  Heck, I can still remember watching the OT (I believe on Sci Fi) back when we first got a satellite dish when I was a kid.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2010, 05:25 PM »
ya....it's on again

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 8, 2011, 02:27 PM »
Not that it is exactly rare, but it looks like there is an OT marathon on Spike TV tomorrow (4/9).  I know we all have them on DVD (and soon Blu Ray), but I always enjoy it when the movies are on TV - particularly the OT.  I still remember watching them - I believe on Sci Fi if I am remembering right - when I was a kid and we first had a satellite dish.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 8, 2011, 07:21 PM »
That and wrestling are the only things Spike TV plays.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours