Author Topic: The Return of Saga Legends  (Read 47144 times)

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of Saga Legends
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2009, 11:38 PM »
If it's the Order 66 version I may buy it.  But the whole reissue thing is getting old to me.

Since I have 26 ARC's from Order 66-2, I can confirm you, that the Yellow & now Red Arc of  TLC is the same, its not the Captain Fordo from " Hunting for Grievous pack".

Today I was at my 24 hr Warmart, I saw the pile of boxes & started to open the cases of SW BF, no sign of Snowtrooper, everywhere I go, its not there.

Its true all store have the stinky revision without the Snowtrooper.  :P

We have:

Basic Figures

AOTC, Yellow,Blue,Green,White clone troopers,clean Sandtrooper, electronic RT-D2, 3-Droid, Red ARC Trooper Commander , Saesee Tiin, Luke Pilot, ROTS Clone.

Battle Packs

1) Clone Attack On Coruscant
2) Jedi Trainning On Dagobah
3) Jedi vs Darth Sidious

I just picked up: TLC Jedi vs Darth Sidious battle pack since I pass out last yr; SL Luke, SL Sandtrooper & Stass Allie.

Cant' wait to see the Snoweetroopee  :)...maybe in few weeks or months?  :-\
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:42 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2009, 01:27 AM »
 Saga Legends snowtrooper ok, great acquisition, and cheaper than vtsc release

The Luke Pilot is the same from droid factory, nice paintjob, but they must have included his blaster.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2009, 01:35 AM »
Is he different than the versions released prior to that Target exclusive 2-pack?  He's certainly different than the Red ARC Trooper released during the Clone Wars line.  I'm certain of that. 

Right.  I've got that Order 66 one.

But you should know better than I, being that you own practically every SW figure released by Hasbro, no?   ??? 

It's getting to the point where I can't keep all of it straight anymore.  Partially because I don't pay as much attention as I used to, and partially because the changes are so minuscule sometimes that I don't notice them.  I'm trying to maintain a set of every sculpting change / kit bash, and every paint variation that is substantial enough to be really noticeable, or turn a trooper into another trooper.

And it's entirely possible that there are a few that I don't know of.

My strategy with Legends has been to just ignore them, but it seems like I may have missed a few that were worth picking up.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:36 AM by Rob »

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2009, 10:42 AM »
Has anyone noted, that Walmart rised up the price for Basic Figures? Now I hardly would buy one at Walmart & Kmart ,TRU at less I have cupon discount.

Target is the one that rocks, basic fig is $6.94

The only thing is that Walmart has the vehicles at good price $19.99 not $22 or $25 & up like Target or TRU and ripping Kmart.

Now I would have a good battle in my mind to buy snowtroopers if I see them at almost $8 plus tax.... hopefuly Target get a good selection of them.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:44 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2009, 10:45 AM »
I bought a black pauldron Sandtrooper the other day.  I feel so dirty.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2009, 10:49 AM »
I bought a black pauldron Sandtrooper the other day.  I feel so dirty.

Huh!  ???  :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:50 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2009, 11:12 AM »
This is the first full line of carded figs since POTF2 that I'm not picking up.  Felt bad I "had to" pick one up.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:20 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2009, 11:58 AM »
This is the first full line of carded figs since POTF2 that I'm not picking up.  Felt bad I "had to" pick one up.

Dont mind to trade? I have these but some incomplete http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Comerus/Comerus%202nd/Comerus%203/Picture111.jpg , you can open the pack, pm if interested.  :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2009, 12:51 PM »
no no - I'm a carded collector, plus I could care less for those POS figs.  No offense though.   ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2009, 10:17 AM »
I've seen the new Sandtrooper on the pegs. Although I never bought this version, I think the one I made is just as good.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2009, 05:58 PM »
I've seen the new Sandtrooper on the pegs. Although I never bought this version, I think the one I made is just as good.

Ya - but it would have looked better on a TAC card to go with the others where it should have been (at least in my case)  Oh well.   :-\

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2009, 10:23 AM »
So far, this line seems to be doing very well with the exception of Plo Koon, at least in my area. It hasn't rotted on the pegs like it has in previous years. I think it all has to do with better figure choices. Anyone else seeing this line sell better than usual in their area?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 2, 2009, 09:15 AM »
I don't think we've gotten new stock for awhile around here, but I'm not seeing much of Legends anywhere either.  I was really hoping to find the recently released Snowtrooper and pick up a couple more, but I haven't seen anything but CW figures on the pegs here (and Yarna/Breha).  I do agree though, this Legends assortment seems to have sold much better than the previous incarnations.  It even sold out here at Christmas, and haven't seen anything new really since then for the most part.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 2, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Neither me, I have not seen the Snowtrooper and the new Droid factory set as well... but last week I saw that walmart is deleyed with figures on the pegs... so sooner of later we would see both hopefuly.

I only have 12 Votc and I feel its not enough... but that price $7.99 now, would be hard for me to build a large army of them if I get any, I know that Employees and people who go early to the store are the first that get it. I now its sick to feel that you need more.

« Last Edit: February 2, 2009, 03:03 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Since apparently Hasbro is going to continue to force the Saga Legends line down our (and retail's) throats this summer and fall, I found myself wondering what figures could stand to be reissued and which ones should never be reissued again.  After seeing the Turbo Tank, I couldn't help but wonder why Hasbro hadn't released the 2005 ROTS AT-RT Driver figure again (in its original green/brown colors).  I can easily see myself buying another 3-4 of that figure to man the cockpit of the Turbo Tank, and would love to see a new, non-motorized AT-RT in the so-called "deluxe" assortment. 

It'd be nice to see some different figures get mixed into the SL lineup instead of the same old, tired choices over and over and over again.  Maybe even a kitbash like the AT-TE Gunner gear on an SA Clone body would work.  It's just that, at this point (and I can't believe I'm saying this given how the situation was pretty much the exact opposite before 2005), the market seems to be saturated with SA non-animated Phase I Clone Troopers and their respective officers.

But, given Hasbro's history, we'll probably get the same old Obi-Wans/Anakins/Vaders/Maces/Plo Koons/etc with the odd interesting figure thrown in for good measure.