Author Topic: The Return of Saga Legends  (Read 47008 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of Saga Legends
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Why do we need 5 clone weapons per each basic figure?  That seems quite excessive, no?  At least it's good reasoning for the $1 bump we're going to get.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:46 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 01:40 PM »
Nice to see the SBD back with no holes.

I hope the Separatist Droids and Jedi don't come with clone trooper weapons, that'd be stupid.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 01:46 PM »

I hope the Separatist Droids and Jedi don't come with clone trooper weapons, that'd be stupid.

But you know they will.

As for the weapons, I'd guess:
1x Clone Wars Rifle (skinny sculpt)
2x Clone Blasters
2x Clone Pistols

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2008, 01:51 PM »
But they don't use them, it makes no sense.

But then again when has Hasbro made any sense?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:54 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2008, 02:08 PM »
I like the idea.  We're always losing weapons.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2008, 02:10 PM »
I'd like to see 2 thick rifles, 2 blasters and a thermal detonator...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 02:49 PM »
Well if the lockers are made of paper like the indiana jones crates then i dont need them, i had assumed they were made of plastic.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 04:11 PM »

But you know they will.

As for the weapons, I'd guess:
1x Clone Wars Rifle (skinny sculpt)
2x Clone Blasters
2x Clone Pistols

That's my guess exactly.

Though I'd rather see 3 clone rifles and 2 blasters.

We've had enough clones with blasters that should have received the rifle treatment.  So I'm hoping there's more of the rifles to fix that oversight on Hasbro's part.

Hasbro did say that they are doing this to help replace missing guns. Though that only covers clones and not OT era characters. Han's style of gun was used by several people for instance.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 04:19 PM »
From what is shown so far, it looks like I'll be able to pass.  I guess I can see why Hasbro would put these characters out with the big Clone Wars push - and these are obviously aimed towards kids - but most of these have been out plenty (or are out there right now) so you would think kids have had ample opportunity to pick these characters up already.  Plus, it almost seems like "in case the animated style doesn't fly, we have these on the pegs" plan of action - but who knows.  Like I said, from what is shown so far, I'm passing.  I thought they mentioned this would mainly focus on Clone Wars, so its strange seeing the "throne" with 3PO in there - oh well, at least there is one OT character.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2008, 09:04 AM »
How about some link love for the site that originally posted the images?  POTF2.COM Forums.

Well technically he found them on RS and when you go to RS, they reference POTF2.com, so I think we're all legally covered.   ;)

Believe me, if I had noticed that they didn't originate from 'scum, I would have referenced POTF2.com.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Why do we need 5 clone weapons per each basic figure?  That seems quite excessive, no?  At least it's good reasoning for the $1 bump we're going to get.

First I'd ref the $1 bump for sure as good reason to get a bunch of accessories, but mostly I'd say that getting extra clone weaponry has been a pretty hefty demand by people.  Is it enough to buy Legends figures nobody wants though?  Eh, I dunno, but if there's a handful of the Clone rifle in there, I'm digging it...  I would dig if it were mixed up a bit and we got the sniper rifle that came with the Jetpack Clone, the "gatling gun" from the Battlefront pack, the Rocket launcher from the battlefront pack...  Those would be cool to me, to see packed in with these Legends figures, and honestly they could probably push me to buy some.  I'm short on rifles for sure. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Actually, if it is like you hope Jesse, a kind of grab bag of weapons, that'd be pretty cool.  I hadn't really considered they'd do that, but I guess it makes as much sense as putting just a couple clone rifles in.
I am not the Stig

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Actually, if it is like you hope Jesse, a kind of grab bag of weapons, that'd be pretty cool.  I hadn't really considered they'd do that, but I guess it makes as much sense as putting just a couple clone rifles in.

As pointed out, Hasbro has already said the weapons would be the same from figure to figure in the clone locker. Unless they backpedal on that (which they've been known to do), there will be no reason to think there will be different accessories with each locker.

Sorry, not trying to burst the bubble here, but I also don't want a frivilous rumor to be started by someone's hopeful wishes, only to be trounced later on, then people getting mad at Hasbro for something that wasn't their fault *.

*They have enough to answer for with their treatment of GH over the Falcon.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2008, 11:40 AM »
I'd like to see 2 thick rifles, 2 blasters and a thermal detonator...

PM'D you Chewie.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2008, 01:57 PM »
Yeah, there's no rumor there, just a "neat idea" if they were to branch out clone weaponry as some of those pieces aren't easy to come by.

As it is though, I'm happy with rifles considering I don't have near enough, so I'm still pretty content on the extra weapons as they'll likely turn out to be.  It's something I asked for a long time ago, and it's working out, so yay.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77