Author Topic: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope  (Read 63499 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope
« Reply #285 on: February 9, 2009, 02:09 PM »
I hope...  On the chairs and the distillery/dispenser thingie both.  I love the table and wish that stuff like this, and other background pieces (small ones) were made available.  I know I'd not buy a pack of stands, but if they offered 10 tables in a set on Hasbro's toy shop site, I'd buy it.  Or a mix of maybe Scanner Tech boxes in different colors, some Cantina tables, maybe some laddeers for with ships, etc.  I'd buy a box of basically pack-in junk if they offered it.

I love this wave though...  I'm that much more geeked about the ESB wave, and thank you Jeff/Jayson for the image locking in who the droid is...  I see that's E2, so oh well.  I don't know what to do with the droid now, but he'll probably still go to a Rebel Pilot I think.  I love the colors so he's too good to just be an E2 shelf filler.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 11, 2009, 09:20 AM »
I got a chance to open these up over the past couple days, and I have to agree with what everyone else has been saying here - this is one of the best waves Hasbro has produced in the modern line.  The Cantina aliens are all well done, the Han/Luke Stormtrooper combo is finally released, and we finally have an "ultimate" Old Ben figure.  Plus, the Spacetrooper is pretty cool, and its always nice to add another Jawa to the ranks.  Some of the best surprises of this wave to me were the droids.  The WED droid with the Jawa is really well done I think, and I really like the BADs for this wave (the R2 in particular is pretty spiffy looking with that paint job I thought).  I'm really happy with this wave overall though, and it makes me really look forward to the rest of the year.  Hopefully, even with the success of Clone Wars, the Legacy Collection will still keep going strong as well.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 11, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Finally spotted this wave today at WM. No Spacetrooper. I picked up Ben, Cantina 2 pack (forgot the name), and the Jawa. Would have snagged Wioslea and Brainiac but I was already spending $25 on three figures and couldn't afford anymore at the moment. As much as I like this wave I might have to skip Han and Luke. I already have the Comic Pack versions anyway I could easily repaint... we'll wait and see if there are any price drops soon.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2009, 09:22 AM »
I've opened up most of my Spacetroopers and I have to say that Hasbro's greatly improved the quality of the Stormtrooper as there's no short legs, uneven stances or droopy helmets.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2009, 12:39 AM »
Okay, so I was looking for Trinto tonight scanning the backs of the cards and could not find #37.  I thought he was lost for a moment, but found him when scanning the front of the cards.  Apparently mine is on a Wioslea card #36.  Anyone else running into this?   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2009, 08:10 AM »
Just a reminder, if anyone is buying multiples and wants to get rid of their BAD parts, please keep me in mind.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2009, 09:43 AM »
I'm only buying the cantina aliens and Ben from this wave, but I'd like to have the two droids, so I'd be interested in anyone's extra parts as well. LMK if you can help. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2009, 09:54 AM »
I'm only buying the cantina aliens and Ben from this wave, but I'd like to have the two droids, so I'd be interested in anyone's extra parts as well. LMK if you can help. :)

Since I bought  3 spacetrooper, then I have one set of R5-A2 head & front leg avalible for you... I need to buy stamps for mailing in case you want to trade... or buy it then I'll go to PO  ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:55 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2009, 10:32 AM »

Since I bought  3 spacetrooper, then I have one set of R5-A2 head & front leg avalible for you... I need to buy stamps for mailing in case you want to trade... or buy it then I'll go to PO  ;)

PM sent! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2009, 11:47 AM »
I cannot find JACK.  I know it's just a matter of time, but damn!  Anyway, I'm going to buy 2 Spacetroopers, 2 jawas, and multiple Old Bens, so those extra parts will be available (though the first red droid I put together is already spoken for by a JDer).
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2009, 04:28 PM »
I cannot find JACK.  I know it's just a matter of time, but damn!  Anyway, I'm going to buy 2 Spacetroopers, 2 jawas, and multiple Old Bens, so those extra parts will be available (though the first red droid I put together is already spoken for by a JDer).

You're not the only one... I have yet to see a single figure from this wave. I don't remember the last time I've been looking forward to a wave so much, so it really sucks not finding anything. Hopefully my trip down to Denver today will change that... :-\
"This is the way."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2009, 05:17 PM »
Just got this awesome wave at Target.  But I paid...9.19 a figure!  (The Target was in Pelham Bay , NY, a very, very rich town.)
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2009, 05:31 PM »
Just got this awesome wave at Target.  But I paid...9.19 a figure!  (The Target was in Pelham Bay , NY, a very, very rich town.)

I almost vomitted when I read that.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2009, 10:17 PM »
I found Wioslea at Target today. Best cantina alien ever made in my opinion, and that headsculpt's gotta be at least in my top five ever. This figure is just a work of art, and so so sexy. :)

I was with my female friend who thinks I'm a total nerd when I bought it and she said, "Ew. What's its name?" I said, "Wioslea." And then she said, "Wow. More like Wiofuglya." ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:18 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 27, 2009, 02:10 PM »
I found one of each (except Luke Stormtrooper) at one WM about a week ago.  However, no other store, including various Targets I've checked almost daily, have gotten this wave at all.  No remnants or anything!  This one is really slow to roll out, and I have a feeling there won't be many pegwarmers.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke