Author Topic: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope  (Read 63243 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave ? - A New Hope
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2008, 09:48 AM »
I'm glad to hear we'll finally be getting individually carded Han and Luke Stormtrooper figures.  I would guess that they will just be repaints of the Marvelized comic pack versions, or maybe headswaps that many of us did with the removable helmet Stormtrooper figure - but hopefully they'll address the scale issue if possible.  I'm in the boat with the rest of you, I really hope they aren't going the removable armor route - that never seems to work out quite right.  If they just repaint the comic pack versions, they probably could have put these in the repaint wave that's coming up and freed up a couple of spots - but I'm happy to see them regardless.  This wave is shaping up nicely with a new Obi-Wan, and now Stormtrooper Luke/Han.  Now let's get a SA Rebel Fleet Trooper as well :).

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2008, 03:42 PM »
I wonder if they'll dirty up the armor for the Stormie Luke and Han, to emulate the trash compactor scene.  I want them clean for other scenes, but then they won't look much different from the regular stormies.  Maybe they'll have some nice exclusive pack-ins like a better scaled Mouse droid or a piece of DS control panel.  I'm really hoping for the Praji or similarly-dressed black outfit Imperial officer in the wave, too.
Thinking more about the Ben, I realized that if they go the soft-goods route, they MUST use the fabric from Hermi Odle and not the typical cloak material.  Hermi's type responds perfectly to the water treatment and holds its shape, giving the appearance of weight.  Otherwise, I hope they give us the molded cloak version like that from the Spirit Ben of a couple years ago.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Thinking more about the Ben, I realized that if they go the soft-goods route, they MUST use the fabric from Hermi Odle and not the typical cloak material.  Hermi's type responds perfectly to the water treatment and holds its shape, giving the appearance of weight. 

But the thing is, we shouldn't have to use water treatment in the first place. :P

I think they have a good idea with the Order 66 sets in putting wire in the cloaks. I think if they can expand on/improve that method then it could become a regular thing in future Jedi/Sith figures.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2008, 08:57 PM »
Luke and Han Stormtrooper, Old Ben.  I smell another Vader coming!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 12:37 AM »
One of this week's Q and A answers had Hasbro confirming that the Han and Luke are based on their comic pack appearances, so there goes the new sculpt idea.  I'm not bummed as I think those are good sculpts, but they'll need to include some nice accessories to enhance perceived value.
Greg Reeves

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2008, 01:30 AM »
Disappointed in Luke on the height thing.  He's clearly shorter than Han in every ST sequence, and I'd have been content with some shortened shins.  I'll likely shorten him myself, but it's just a tad annoying that they didn't.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2008, 09:08 AM »
The news really doesn't bother me. In fact, now I'm hoping to not get cool accessories since I already have those figures (in head swapped form.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Having recently upgraded my cantina diorama, I have a new excitement for cantina aliens and obscure humans in figure form.  So I can't help but feel a little disappointed that 2 slots of this single ANH wave are "wasted" on simple repaints that could have easily fit into the repaint wave.  Most of us either have the comic pack versions or have customized them for ourselves.  The trend seems to be 2 cantina aliens for each ANH wave, so now we'll have to wait a year or so to get another couple characters...
Greg Reeves

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2008, 02:56 PM »
From Curto's latest rumor list:

- Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
- Brainiac (Cantina Patron)
- Captain Needa
- Han Solo (Stormtrooper disguise)
- Jawa & WED-15 Droid
- Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper disguise)
- Spacetrooper
- Wioslea

If this is accurate, I'm pretty disappointed that Bom Vimdin is getting passed over AGAIN.  Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Mos Eisley aliens, so I'll gladly buy Brainiac and Wioslea, but I can't believe they haven't made Bom yet...  I've been waiting for him ever since he was in one of the original "Fan Choice" polls they did.   :-\
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:12 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2008, 03:06 PM »
Me too, hopefully they didn't get spooked by the pegwarming of M'iiyoom Onith & Elis Helrot. I wonder if Brainiac will include a bar piece or if they'll go the route of Hammerhead and Hem Dazon and go with the hightop table.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:09 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 4 - A New Hope
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 03:17 PM »
I'm equally disappointed in Bom Vimdin's being passed over it seems.  He's my most wanted alien at this point for certain.  I'm much more disappointed to see no Fleet Trooper listed though.  You'd think by now they'd want to get that out there.  They suck.

Oh, and why is Captain Needa on an A New Hope rumor list?  Perhaps a generic officer will be in his place?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 03:21 PM »
They mentioned in the RS article that Needa's inclusion seemed odd.  And added that Commander Praji had been rumored for this wave.  Perhaps whoever generated this list confused Praji with Needa.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 03:24 PM »
I just want a black tuniced officer, if they call him Needa and his is black.  I don't care

The rest of the list is keen though, yeah I want Bom Vimdin but Braniac and Wioslea have been on my list for a long time

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 03:24 PM »
The "Needa should be Prajj" is a good theory...

Or maybe it's a case of "wave slippage"?  Maybe he was supposed to be in a future wave (like an ESB wave) but got stuck in this wave to get it to 8 figures so the B-a-D scheme worked correctly?  Just a guess...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2008, 03:43 PM »
Maybe they'll do a Needa in gray, and a variant in black.  Make us all happy Hasbro.   :)

As for Bom, I'd like to see him too... but I'll take new cantina aliens as they come. 

The WED droid and Wioslea are most welcome out of that list... hopefully Kenobi's a new sculpt?