Author Topic: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope  (Read 63498 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 4 - A New Hope
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2008, 04:28 PM »
I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of Bom as well, but overall this list looks pretty spiffy to me.  I could see the Praji/Needa mix up as well, so maybe that is the case.  Even though many of us sort of customized the Han/Luke Stormtroopers, I'm kind of glad they are seeing release as well.  If it gets us a "definitive" Old Ben Kenobi, I'd be pretty happy.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2008, 05:37 PM »
What about the spacetrooper?  It'll be intresting to see what H comes up for this one, we don't get much of a view on them in the movie so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what H uses for reference material.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2008, 06:13 PM »
Bom Vimdin's been on my list too, but Wioslea and Braniac have always been higher up so I'd be glad to see them. I hope we get the 'freakishly tall Jawa' in this wave. Overall, it's an excellent wave, although they're bound to mess up on Stormtrooper Luke's height. And I agree, the 'spacetrooper' is gonna be interesting.

And if we do get those two cantina dudes in this wave, my most wanted cantina freak will be Leesub Sirln.

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Overall, it's an excellent wave, although they're bound to mess up on Stormtrooper Luke's height.

Yeah, they Hasbro confirmed that we'll be getting the comic repack. I wish they'll just use the VOTC Stormy for the Han and the TAC Imperial Stormies (which is shorter) for Luke.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2008, 01:15 AM »
Well I like each figure mentioned in the wave.  I will echo the same about Bom Vimdin and he has been mentioned in rumor lists forever it seems like.  I do not understand why they don't release him either?  But Brainiac, Wioslea, Spacetrooper, Praji, and WED-15 sounds great since they would all be new.  I will pick up Han and Luke in their Stormtrooper gear.  I am hoping the Ben Kenobi turns out good.  I just can't believe they would not throw in yet another Darth Vader.  I am hoping they don't of course.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2008, 01:23 AM »
Ok- two never-before-produced cantina figures (Wioslea is most known for buying Luke's speeder, but he's in the cantina as well) sounds good to me.  A resculpt Ben sounds GREAT to me!  A new Sandcrawler droid, and an Imperial officer?  Very nice, well-rounded wave.  I guess it makes sense that Han and Luke both show up in this wave, because you really gotta have both of them for the scene, but it would have been nice to get another cantina denizen instead.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2008, 09:17 AM »
I really dig that list. To make the wave even cooler, I'd be nice if the Han and Luke were new sculpts with '08 Gree articulation.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2008, 03:11 PM »
POTF2.com is reporting that the wave DOES NOT have Needa, but rather has Trinto Duaba (the ghoul-looking guy with the hood) and a pack-in Dice Ibegon (the bloody tentacle face).  Ok!
Greg Reeves

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2008, 03:41 PM »
That would be bitchin' on so many levels if true...  Four Mos Eisley Cantina Monsters - Brainiac, Wioslea, Trinto, and Dice - in one wave?  :o

I guess if that's the case, then I can forgive them ignoring Bom again...  but he better get his due in 2009! ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2008, 03:47 PM »
I still can't forgive a missing Fleet Trooper...   >:(

But yeah, 4 Cantina schmucks is a nice round-out.  That's becoming one full shelf over the last couple years.  I used to keep duplicate figures in there some, but they're slowly getting pushed out here and there now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2008, 05:16 PM »
I'll be glad if we get that alien 2-pk instead.

But, I do hope we get a SA Imperial officer pretty soon.  Maybe Needa's being pushed back to an ESB wave.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I would prefer the cantina 2-pack, it would rock very much.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2008, 06:49 PM »

You can really tell that Hasbro has a big plan for their license being renewed for so many years.  There are several considerably more recognizable cantina aliens needing to be made, and several resculpts too, so they go ahead and make these obscure guys now.  Making us wait with baited breath for a new Ponda or a Saurin or Yerka Mig.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 06:52 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Bummer, I was really hoping for the Praji.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2008, 12:04 PM »
Bummer, I was really hoping for the Praji.
Amen, I only need 1 of each alien, but could build an army around Praji.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge