Author Topic: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope  (Read 63205 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2008, 04:56 PM »
Let's hope that's the case.  I wasn't enthused with the idea of an ANH wave being dominated by cantina aliens.  I guess we'll find out more of the real deal at Comic Con next month.

BTW, if Brainiac is part of the wave, what do people think the name will be?  Is there some weird EU name for him?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Here's a Q and A based on this wave:

QUESTION:  We've been getting indications that there's an A NEW HOPE wave on the way as part of THE LEGACY COLLECTION later on this year.  And Hasbro has openly confirmed figures like Han Solo in Stormtrooper gear, previously mentioned Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper gear, and hinted about a Commander Praji figure.  Will this wave be themed around A NEW HOPE as a whole, including things like Cantina characters along with Death Star or Rebel themed characters, or can we expect a more focused theme centering on a specific focus from within the movie?

ANSWER:  The wave will be focused generally on A New Hope and will include figures from various scenes, such as Luke and Han in Stormtrooper disguise, as well as several Cantina aliens and a few other tempting morsels.  It is a great wave and will also be late; while we were hoping for December on shelf, it may slip to January.  But trust us, it'll be worth the wait.

A few other tempting morsels?  Sounds like more than 6 figures when they put it that way.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2008, 11:56 PM »
July huh? Whew, gonna be a long wait for these guys but well worth it. And here i was kinda worried that we'd be getting barely any Cantina creatures this year. Fantastic sounding wave so far, I do hope it ends up being an 8 figure wave and includes that Jawa/ WED Treadwell droid from the rumor list too. That would be brilliant!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2008, 09:28 AM »
I can handle only 4 waves for the rest of the year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2008, 01:32 PM »
I can handle only 4 waves for the rest of the year.

My only hope is that HasbroCDN can supply us with those 4 waves lol. But then again there is a ton of new stuff coming out anyways.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2008, 04:07 PM »

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2008, 04:53 PM »
Sweet! This is a brilliant wave. 4 Cantina Aliens, a Sandcrawler droid and Jawa....fantastic! I'll probably complete the set! So it seems this is another astromech BAF wave then? It would be nice if they included some in film astromechs in this wave as theres a whole bunch of unmade astros from Mos Eisley and ANH.

http://hometown.aol.com/swlinkinpark1138/images/r5-a2.jpg R5-A2 would be a treat.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2008, 05:07 PM »
This wave has been confirmed! ;D

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Recent_Rumor_Lists_Confirmed_115584.asp
NOTHING is confirmed until it shows up at a Hasbro showing or they announce it

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2008, 05:36 PM »
A retail listing on Amazon is a pretty strong indicator.  But seeing is always believing.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Aren't the Jawa and the Spacetroooper the only two left from that list that are yet to be confirmed?...
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2008, 06:09 PM »
Hasbro confirmed the Spacetrooper.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2008, 09:38 AM »
Certain sources are certainly more credible than others and this point, I'd take this list as gospel.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Well I hope it pans out.  I am a big fan of the cantina figures.  I can not believe they put 4 out in one wave but apparently they will.  I am with others though that do want a Bom Vimdim, Saurin, and a resculpt of Lak Sivrak.  I wonder if they will ever repaint Duro with the brown jacket? 

The rest of the wave sounds great to.  If that droid comes with the Jawa that will just about take care of the droid lineup that Owen had to pick from in ANH right?  I mean we have R2-D2, C-3PO, LIN-V8K, R1-G4, R5-D4, and now the umbrella droid.  Is there any others from the line-up that I am missing? 

Personally I am glad to get Luke and Han in stormtrooper disguise.  I know you could pick up the comic packs but I will probably like single pack versions better especially if they correct Luke's height.  Of course the Kenobi sounds cool.  Finally we may have a decent ANH Kenobi to duel with the thousands of Vaders we have gotten over the past few years. 

I have always wanted that Spacetrooper as a figure.  I know it's just a stormtrooper with a backpack but I still want it! 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Personally I am glad to get Luke and Han in stormtrooper disguise.  I know you could pick up the comic packs but I will probably like single pack versions better especially if they correct Luke's height.

They planned on addressing the height but the tooling was modified so we're getting the Comic Pack renditions but with better holster apparently...

Yakface/Hasbro QnA 5/9/08
Q2: You confirmed/revealed for our friends at Galactic Hunter that SA versions of Luke and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise will be released in the EIV themed wave. Will these be simple head swap creations and will Luke be released on the smaller 2007 TAC #30 Imperial Stormtrooper body, you know because he is "a little short for a Stormtrooper"?

A2: The figures are based on their counterparts from the Comic Packs. We had actually designed the mid torso to be adjustable in production so you could get a normal or shorter version, but the manufacturer modified the tool model. We are however improving the belt/holster to better hold the Imperial blaster.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:35 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2008, 02:41 PM »
As much as i hope for another jawa, i dont know if that figure is coming out. They gave us one last year.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"