Author Topic: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope  (Read 63701 times)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope
« Reply #270 on: February 6, 2009, 01:10 PM »
I've got to agree with people here. Ben was the fig I thought maybe I could save a couple of bucks and not buy, but it is a great Ben fig. No way can you pass it up (even if you don't care about completing the BAD).
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 6, 2009, 02:57 PM »
After opening up this wave tonight, I have to say it is probably the best overall wave Hasbro has done in a long time.  An easy tie at least with TLC Wave 2, which was hands down the best ever.  With Dice, the Wed Droid and the 2 BAD's, you're getting 12 figures here.  That makes the pill of 7.50 (at Wally World) easier to swallow since it breaks down to roughly 5.00 a figure at that point (!) which of course is 1995 dollars.  Throw in the table accessories, and it's even better.  Plus the additions of the Wed droid (at last! And he's frickin' huge!) and the R5, both figs I wanted forever, and it makes a Kenner baby happy.  And whoever thought they would do Wioslea?  Much less Articulated?  And the Ben figure is a work of art.  Did I mention the Jawa?  And the Joe Johnson shout out?   ;D

Definitely puts things in perspective with the price increase, this is a great wave that I have all but Han and Luke now... probably can't force myself to get those even at $5 each, but we'll see.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #272 on: February 6, 2009, 03:19 PM »
The thing about Ben is that he is SO great, he's totally upped my excitement for the Ep1 and Ep2 Bens that are coming later this year.  Since all three were supposed to be in an Evolutions pack together, I'm really hoping that the other two versions turn out as great as the Ep4 version did. :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 7, 2009, 01:44 AM »
Plus the additions of the Wed droid (at last! And he's frickin' huge!)

He's huge alright, but standing next to the other droids such as the Treadwell droid, he almost seems too big.  Nice figure though.  I really like Dice.  He's nice, especially for the price.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #274 on: February 7, 2009, 08:56 AM »
Yeah, the WED droid is almost certainly oversized, but he's a nice figure.  And the Spacetrooper I like more and more; they appear to have resculpted the torso to accomodate the backpack, and it looks and sits better than the previous 2004 version.  With the better leg stance, overall it's a much better version of the Vintage Stormtrooper.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 7, 2009, 09:34 AM »
What's the deal with that extra cylinder part with the Jawa? Anyone know where it goes?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #276 on: February 7, 2009, 10:31 AM »
It plugs into the little hole on his belt on his left side.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 8, 2009, 09:20 AM »
So does the pouch. Does one belong and one doesn't?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #278 on: February 9, 2009, 02:21 AM »
Some random thoughts on the wave...

-Han and Luke...  Don't have 'em yet, so no comments I guess. :)  To me they're the least interesting as they're really just replacing outdated figures, so I'll happily take them for that purpose but the Stormtrooper isn't anything I'm unfamiliar with so I'm just anxious to get them to complete R5.  he's nifty.

-Wioslea...  what a freak.  This is one of the cooler Cantina freaks I think.  The leg articulation is a little disappointing, but the figure is overally very well sculpted.  I wonder if the body isn't going to resurface for a Jedi at some point?  Cool blaster, and I like that the cloak is sewn just for Wioslea to fit her giant noggin'.

-Brainiac...  Cool looking figure, and here's why;  He looks like a "western gambler" to me.  Does he look like that to anyone else?  He has the crossdraw holster and sort of a spiffy dapper looking outfit.  Like he's the Doc HOliday of the Cantina, ya know?  I wonder if he dates a chick called "Big nose"? :)

-Pruney Alien Guy...  I dig him the same as Brainiac...  It's like he looks like a gunslinger, kind of on the order of Clint Eastwood with the hood and the low slung holster.  I just like the way these two characters from the Cantina have that wild west look to them...  Maybe it's just to me.

Also I love the Cantina table...  Very cool accessory.

-Tubey alien accessory...  I'm forgetting names because it's 2 am here and I want to go to bed, but she's awesome.  The articulation is fantastic on this "accessory", and she's even big/bulky ultimately.  I love it, and it's very freaky looking in the midst of the other aliens.

-Spacetrooper...  Super articulated, and just the right accessories.  The blaster looks like a grenade launcher and is super detailed, and the backpack and hose fit very snugly to the helmet and back.  The Johnston headsculpt is a neat "trivia" detail and makes for a cool trooper.  I'm hoping to build a nice team of these, but not a lot...  I'll curtail my Spacetrooper army to 12 or so maybe.

-BAD Figures...  R5 I've yet to complete but he's one of my fav background droids in the OT, so I'm excited to get him eventually here since I've wanted him as a basic figure for a while.  The R2 though, is insanely colorful and detailed, and I have no clue where he's from in the movies.  I'm very happy to have him complete and looking great...  I just don't know where to put him.  I think for now he's going on the shelf with the Rebel Pilots and extra astromechs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 9, 2009, 09:09 AM »

The R2 though, is insanely colorful and detailed, and I have no clue where he's from in the movies. 

Sadly, I'm pretty sure it's a PT droid, specifically from Mos Espa in EII.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #280 on: February 9, 2009, 10:01 AM »
The R2 though, is insanely colorful and detailed, and I have no clue where he's from in the movies. 

I'm pretty sure it's a PT droid, specifically from Mos Espa in EII.

Go back a few pages... ;)

During Anakin & Padme's arrival to Mos Espa

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #281 on: February 9, 2009, 11:19 AM »
I just got this case on Friday and man is it good! This actually resparked my interest, I was losing it a bit to Joe. I am so happy to get this much OTC goodness in one shot. I am also really excited about the next wave, Wedge X-Wing and the Rancor, anything OTC has me pumped.

This Wave reminds me of TAC wave 5, the entire Wave was great with no real stinkers. The Han & Look are nothing special but it's nice to get non comic versions.

Every wave should be this good!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 9, 2009, 12:35 PM »
If anybody's got a spare R5 head from this wave, I'm a-lookin'.

Thanks.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #283 on: February 9, 2009, 12:41 PM »
If anybody's got a spare R5 head from this wave, I'm a-lookin'.

Thanks.

I do. PM your addy and I'll send it to you.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 9, 2009, 01:14 PM »
Also I love the Cantina table...  Very cool accessory.

I couldn't agree more.  I wish they'd have put more of them in the wave...  It'd be nice to get some chairs and more stuff like this at some point.

Is the distillery still on tap for somewhere down the road?