Author Topic: Hasbro Indy Q&A Discussion  (Read 5654 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Hasbro Indy Q&A Discussion
« on: March 20, 2008, 10:41 PM »
Since I don't want to sully Matt's nice Warehouse thread with discussion, I thought I'd start a separate thread.

First up - no Midnight Madness plans for Indy yet.  This kind of surprised me.  I thought the odds would be good for some kind of thing... maybe someone will wise up to that eventually and get something going.

Also this week, Hasbro passed along word that they are not planning on doing a separate dedicated Indy Q&A, but said again that we are more than welcome to keep submitting them as part of our site's three SW questions.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Indy Q&A Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 11:12 PM »
I can't say I'm surprised by this answer. I'd say Indiana Jones has more of a "cult" following right now (IE only the collectors/older audience care) and the kiddies won't get involved until May, when the Indy hype train really gets rolling. Whereas with Star Wars, we had a couple of years of figures, then the Special Editions, THEN the Midnight Madness for Phantom Menace, some 4 years after the first figures were released. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Indy doesn't have enough exposure/popularity with casuals right now, and a MM dedicated to it would be like having a MM for something like "Iron Man" or "Speed Racer," so I can see why Hasbro and the stores are shying away from Indy Midnight Madness.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:07 AM »
Yeah, I can see why there may not be Midnight Madness events for Indy.  I mean, if Hasbro/stores didn't do it for Spider-Man 3 - which was hyped like crazy - I didn't know if Indy would get it either.  I guess its ok for Star Wars to be the only toyline that gets that kind of "love" :).  I'm more surprised (from and earlier Q and A I believe) that we aren't seeing a whole mess of store exclusives for the Indy line launch.  Not that I'm complaining, I'd just as soon go to one store to pick stuff up and be done with it - I don't need to run all over town like we often have to for the Star Wars releases.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 01:17 PM »
There were a bunch of other Indy questions asked (and answered) this week, so check out the warehouse thread if you'd like to read 'em.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 01:37 PM »
How many figures are slated for the initial release of the Indy line?  If it's only 10-12 figures, I'm not surprised.  I'm not really sure how many are scheduled to be out right away though.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 01:53 PM »
May 1 launch:  17 basic figures

Raiders: 8

Indy jacket
Indy shirt
Monkey Man
Belloq Ceremonial
Marion Cairo
German Soldier
Sallah
Cairo Swordsman

Skull: 9

Indy jacket
Indy shirt
Spalko
Mutt jacket
Mutt shirt
Cemetary Warrior
Dovchenko
Ugha Warrior
Russian Soldier

I was planning on starting a May 1 checklist/what are you buying thread in the next couple of weeks--or someone else is more than welcome to start it now if they want.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: May 1, 2008, 02:04 PM »
Not really Q&A related, but I thought this was as good a place as any to put this...

Looks like Habsro revamped their Indiana Jones website today.

Nothing new for pictures, but they do have the mail-away forms along with the legal mumbo-jumbo text for the redemption offers...

They also appear to have the trailer and the TV spots up, as well as a section with a bunch of links to National Geographic stories on some of the various pack-in doodads that come with the figures. 

Kind of a fun new site and a great way to kill 10-15 minutes.  ;)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #7 on: May 1, 2008, 10:01 PM »
Should we post Indy Questions  here, or in the Hey Hasbro! section?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Use the Q&A thread in the "Hey Hasbro" section...  that's the one I look through to try to find questions to submit and I may miss them in here.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Quite a few interesting Indy tidbits in the Q&As this weekend...

From CoolToyReview:
- SDCC Cobra Commander has Donovan's body, thus confirming a high-likelyhood of a 2nd TLC wave with a Donovan figure
- The pack-in relics end with ToD/Wave 4.  2009 pack-in = figure stands.

From The Private Universe:
- 2009 Temple of Doom wave will likely focus on the opening Club Obi-Wan scene: Tux Indy, Lao Che and sons, etc

Even though I like them, I'm really glad the relics are ending because now I'll be able to skip figures and not feel bad about it...  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 07:16 PM »
I'm sorta bummed on the relics, but only because stands suck IMO.  I'd prefer something "extra".  A stand just doesn't feel like it.  What extra though, I haven't a clue on that.  Build-a-figure doesn't work well with Indy I guess, unless you could build-a-thug.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 08:00 PM »
- SDCC Cobra Commander has Donovan's body, thus confirming a high-likelyhood of a 2nd TLC wave with a Donovan figure

I hope the Donovan figure has an alternate rapid aging/Doc Brown head.  ;)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 11:54 PM »
I know Hasbro said that was SDCC figure is Donovan, but if you really look at that Cobra Commander figure, it looks more like Toht.   It's got the long lapel, double brested suit, and the gold pin on the collar. 

Donovan's Jacket isn't double breasted

Cobra Commander Fig...

Kenner Toht

Toht

Toht Bag

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 12:12 AM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com