Author Topic: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 83784 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi
« on: April 4, 2008, 10:18 PM »
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1320

SSG: Regarding Luke Jedi in his Death Star 2 look, the only basic figure of this is from 5 years ago, is preposed, has an action gimmick with floppy arms, and a likeness somewhere between "caveman" and "Harpo Marx". That despite Luke DS2 being the only OT main character figure in the last Fans' Choice poll's top 25 - 10 of the 14 figures above him are made or confirmed, as well as 4 of the 9 figures beneath. Hasbro's past answer on this matter was "theming issues, it may be a while, hang in there," yet since the 2003 DS2 Luke figure there have been 7 ROTJ waves and 2 Vintage-style lines with ROTJ figures; as well as 4 more Luke Jedi with Jabba's Palace outfits and Toy Fair has shown yet another ROTJ wave, this time with a Jabba's Palace-styled Luke Jedi from a deleted scene; and the previous new Luke Jedi figure could have fit the bill with its removable vest and outer belt yet was designed specifically against making it into DS2 Luke. Fans want Luke DS2, most of the other Fans' Choice poll results have been made or confirmed, Hasbro's had several opportunities, now we have sandstorm Luke coming - a deleted scene figure - over Luke DS2 which is baffling. So what's the full story here, why no Luke Jedi DS2 yet again? When can collectors finally get the last main OT character's significant costume yet to be done as an action figure?

Hasbro: We chose the deleted Sandstorm theme to bind several core characters together. We had long planned to do both versions, but the Sandstorm scene came first in rotation because of our desire for the new Han and Chewie, so a new Death Star II Luke was slotted into the next Episode VI wave. We are pleased to announce that if our schedule holds, you will see the next Episode VI wave in late Spring 2009.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2009, 12:16 PM by Jeff »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: New Death Star Luke in 2009!
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2008, 10:10 AM »
Finally. Let's hope it's worth the wait.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: New Death Star Luke in 2009!
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2008, 11:26 AM »
That's good news, but I'm more excited to hear that there will be another ROTJ wave and a chance for other characters like SA Ackbar or some skiff guards to be made.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Legacy Wave ? - Return of the Jedi (2009)
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2008, 12:08 PM »
Always good to hear about a ROTJ, glad there will be one next year.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2008, 01:28 PM »
Okay, now that this thread is about the entire wave, here's my idea of a perfect ROTJ wave (and Luke). I'd like to see a mix of Jabba's Palace/Endor, and hopefully we'll also finally get an Ackbar resculpt.

1. Admiral Ackbar (new, SA)
2. Nien Nunb (new, SA)
3. Sim Aloo
4. Ars Dangor
5. Yoxgit
6. Gammorrean Guard (new, SA)
7. Slave Leia (new, SA) CONFIRMED
8. and Luke CONFIRMED

EDIT: I just remembered a Slave Leia resculpt was confirmed, so she'll probably be in this wave as well. I also put in an SA Gammorrean Guard, how could I have forgotten? :o
« Last Edit: April 5, 2008, 10:04 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 5, 2008, 06:02 PM »
Here's the wave I'd like to see. No obscure aliens for me since we're getting some in Legacy Wave 1.

1. Admiral Ackbar - SA with either tech equipment or part of his big ass chair
2. Slave Leia - SA with chain
3. Wicket - near SA resculpt (similar to the 30AC Ewoks)
4. The Emperor - Evolutions with new neutral expression head w/ cane and force lightning hands; don't call him Palpatine either
5. Admiral Piett - resculpt; give it Jerjerrod articulation with ball jointed knees/ankles and I'll be happy
6. Emperor's Royal Guard - ROTS rerelease with staff instead of rifle; maybe give him a removable helmet and unique headsculpt?
7. Mon Mothma - I think it's about time for a new ROTJ version
8. and Luke, which will apparently be SA; I'd give him handcuffs too

And there's my idea of a 'perfect' ROTJ wave. I know a lot of people would differ in opinion but this is something I'd like to see since it covers a lot of characters we haven't seen on shelves since 1997.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Sticking with the 8 figure wave theme, here are my wants for this wave:

SA Gamorrean Guard
SA Luke (of course)
SA Admiral Piett w/removable hat (really I'd like this to be an SA Imperial officer of varying ranks. Lt.; Cmdr.; Capt.; Admiral-This can easily be acheived by having a small hole where the rank "pips" go, then during a running change, the factory workers can just glue in the new rank pin into the hole. With a running head swap as well, this could garner us plenty of different Imperial officers of varying rank.
SA Rebel General-first start with Lando, have him come with his signature cape, then for a running change switch to Madine sans cape, then a couple of the other generals in the scene. All four would share the same card and all four faces would be on the card. So Hasbro would save money in printing there as well.
SA AT-ST driver with removable helmet, blaster and standard Imperial cap (so we can choose to make him a scanning crew member if we like)
SA Endor Rebel soldier. I didn't like the previous one too much due to lack of articulation.
Scout trooper with Rebel old guys head, removable helmet (not this visor crap for the old guy!)
SA Weequay or Nikto or Barada skiff guard

That's a fair mix of Jabba's palace, Rebels, Imperials. It has one main character in Luke, and if you count the running changes, then Lando and to a lesser degree Madine.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 6, 2008, 09:24 AM »
i love waves from rotj :)

maybe finally oola, ackbar, mon mothma and sim aloo, wicket, too ;)
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 6, 2008, 09:44 AM »
I think since the last one was predominatly Jabba's Palace the next one will be Endor/DSII

So, in my dreams it will be this:

Luke Skywalker DSII
Princess Leia (Ewok Village)
Wicket and Paploo Resculpts
Sim Aloo
Nien Nunb
Admiral Ackbar
Lando Calrissian (Ewok Celebration)
Emperor Palpatine (Non-crap Version) w/ Throne

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 6, 2008, 09:51 AM »
I agree that a new Ackbar is in order.

My ideal wave would go something like...

DSII Luke
Ackbar - new
Jerjerrod - new
Nein Numb - new
Klatuu - Jabba's Palace
Nikto - variant outfit
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 6, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Ok so after some thought, he is my hope / guesses for the 2008 wave:

1. DSII Luke
2. Nein Numb
3. Sim Aloo
4. Wooof
5. Slave Leia
6. Wicket
7. Weequay
8. Emperor
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 6, 2008, 03:07 PM »
YAY!

1. DSII Luke
2. Admiral Ackbar- New, SA
3. Slave Leia- New, SA
4. Stormtrooper- VOTC re-pack
5. Wicket & Random Ewok- New
6. Klaatu- New, SA
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 7, 2008, 09:37 AM »
This is great news.  I really hope that this is the "end all, be all" Luke that we've been waiting for.  There's actually quite a few figures (and resculpts) that I'd like to see from ROTJ - and everyone here has great suggestions.  Going by the rumors/confirmations of both Luke and the Slave Leia - here's a wave I'd like to see:

SA Death Star II Jedi Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit) - resculpt
Admiral Ackbar - resculpt
Gamorrean Guard - resculpt
Nien Nunb - resculpt
Wicket/Paploo 2 pack - resculpts
Emperor Palpatine w/Throne - resculpt (or using parts of the Evolutions version)
Sim Aloo

There's still quite a bit from ROTJ that I'd like to see, but I'd be pretty happy with this lineup.  Lots of resculpts I guess, but many of those POTF2 figures have started looking dated to me.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 7, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Cool lists but we all know another Vader will have to be thrown into the mix with a Jedi Duel Luke.  I would guess the Emperor as well.  If they do I hope they add a throne chair for him.  Sim Aloo would be a great addition as well. 

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 12:12 AM »
Love to see the Wicket/Paploo requests.  That's a no-brainer; both are small stature and would be perfect as a 2-pack.  Give them articulation like the recent ewok set, and BAM!  Also, I NEED a B-Wing pilot, red, and human.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke