Author Topic: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 84109 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2009, 05:05 PM »
Yeah, but a certain person doesn't like A-size cup female action figures.  ;)  :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2009, 04:43 AM »
We've got a gallery of faces that, for the most part, only a mother could love (and some would debate Luke and Leia qualify for that slam as well).  A pretty complete set of loose images of the Return of the Jedi wave awaits you!  Just click CLICK RIGHT HERE to go check 'em out! :)

How could you not love this group shot?

Now...  I can't speak for Dressel Rebel.  But I plan on stocking up on Dressellian's for sure.  My Major Panno is about to turn into a lot of grunts from his species.  He's probably my favorite of the wave.  Love Rebel Soldiers, and he's a really ideal one.  I'm giving him "figure-of-the-wave" status.   :D

What's really nice is I find this wave's two BAD's to be quite nice, especially the R5.  Very spiffy.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:28 AM by Scott »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2009, 10:10 AM »
http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/1-08/09Leg_ROTJMajorPoLoose_TN.jpg[/img]

Now...  I can't speak for Dressel Rebel.  

Dude.  You can.  :D

Put me down for 20-30.  

I've got about 25 customized already, and those numbers are about to swell.  Only slug-firing weapons for these guys too, shotguns, AK-47's, M-16's, rocket launchers, stingers, land mines.   Mmmmm, glocks.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:19 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Really another nice wave overall, definitely looking forward to it.  There doesn't seem to be a stinker in the bunch, and it is nice to get those very well done versions of Luke and Leia.  Some of the figures that might tend to be overlooked in a wave liked this, like the already mentioned Major Panno - as well as the Jabba goons - might be the best ones of the wave.  Really like the looks of all of these.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2009, 05:51 PM »
I was only planning on picking up a single Panno but after seeing the loose pic, along with Dressel's pics, I want several. I also want a crapload of Nikto Gunners. I'm only planning on getting one Giran for now because I can't tell if he has any articulated legs or ankles. The only stinker of the wave appears to be Nein Numb, only because he's an uninspired kitbash.

This will be an expensive wave...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Alright, I'm beginning to get on board with the Luke neigh-sayers. Other than that, this is going to be a great wave.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2009, 02:44 AM »
I'm kinda leaning negatively with Luke, but not enough that I'd clamor for a resculpt (not yet anyway).  I like it...  Or at least I like it enough to be content with him for now.  Would I take a new one down the road?  Probably, but I like the removable chest thing, I think this figure's innovative...  I think the skin tone looks odd, but it's better than Ceremony Luke's sickly coloring.

I dunno.  I'm easier to please with human likenesses...  They're tough sculpts to get right.  I think Hasbro was cutting some corners with the arms and things, but I'm pleased with it.  It'll do where I currently have NOTHING that will "do" on that spot on the shelf.

I like NEIN NUMMMMMB too! :)

Sorry, that was for my own amusement.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2009, 11:19 AM »
Wow, what a great wave of figures. I ordered x3 Leias from another seller but i am really tempted to buy some of these. I have x2 cases on preorder from BBTS but they have not even gotten the TPM wave in yet. As I said in other threads I will be shocked if Hasbro can get all of these waves out before years end.
I will be picking up a few Girans, Niktos and Prunies to make customs.

Like many others I found the Luke odd from the get go. The articulated torso is what is making this figure look off. Some of the added articulation in recent figures (Ball jointed hip and waists) hurt the figure more than they help. It also limits their custom potential. The AOTC Obi-Wan looks a bit frumpy because of the ball jointed hips and it's too moves too tight/ in an indexed fashion. I am not a fan and really do not want to see that kind of articulation become common. I am very happy the new TPM Obi Wan does not have ball jointed hips. The Luke head sculpt looks good so that is a plus.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 01:00 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2009, 02:53 AM »
The AOTC Obi-Wan looks a but frumpy because of the ball jointed hips and it's too moves too tight/ in an ndexed fashion.

Gotta agree with you ... Obi-Wan's shoulders, elbows, and hips are all WAY too hard to move!  >:(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2009, 03:15 AM »
I like NEIN NUMMMMMB too! :)

Sorry, that was for my own amusement.

:D

Mine too.
"This is the way."

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 1, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Received a few of these loose of Ebay today. Giran and Nikto are spectacular, was surprised to see knee joints on Giran, although the sculpt leaves them a little superfluous. Major Panno is pretty solid too, just wish he had been given a holster and somewhere to put the comlink. Leia is a little disappointing, especially the paint apps on the separate torso. Very sloppy work there. Wish I had pics to share, but if you guys have questions, let us know  :) Didn't get the others from this ave, just these 4.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #236 on: September 1, 2009, 11:22 PM »
I just got x3 Leias and the paint varied. I have enough to make one perfect. I think they hit this one out of the ballpark! Glad to hear Giran has knee joints, I was getting worried because it was hard to tell.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 4, 2009, 04:57 AM »
Do all these things go to the same factory? The paint on Giran is superb.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: September 9, 2009, 12:59 AM »
As per the front page, we now also have some images of the upcoming Build-A-Droid figures from Wave 9, for your viewing pleasure.

Check out the images by clicking below!

I like 'em...  Then again, I've enjoyed all the BAD figures pretty much.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2009, 12:59 AM by Jesse James »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 9, 2009, 02:09 AM »
Astromechs rock.  The rest pretty much bore me, whether they are protocol droids or other EU droids.