Author Topic: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 84371 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi
« Reply #285 on: October 3, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Picked this wave up at Target and opened them all up. What a wave. I'm floored at the articulation standard. With the exception of the Ewoks, they all have the same points of super articulation. Great sculpts too. Luke is the worst by far, but I have to admit, he's much better than the preproduction photo's. If it wasn't for the undersized waist, he'd be awesome.

As far as the waist goes, he be a lot better if they would have included the belt from the TLC Sandstorm Luke. He was wearing it during the DSII duel after all.

You know what? You're right. Maybe I'll have to track down the sandstorm Luke for a little customization.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 4, 2009, 03:31 AM »
The DSII Luke ain't so bad - by far better than that horrible, HORRIBLE 2004 DSII Luke (the one with the caveman expression and floppy arms). Yeah, it looks like Hasbro could have made a few better choices with this figure, but this is definitely the Luke to accompany our 2008 TLC Darth Vader (w/ 2-piece helmet)!  :D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 4, 2009, 02:38 PM »
I got the wave the other day from HTS.  And I'm very pleased with it all the way 'round.

Regarding DS2 Luke?  I think it's a great figure.  The facial likeness isn't perfect, but historically Mark Hammill's likeness has been tough to nail down.  The one thing that sticks out to me?  By virtue of their design, the ball jointed shoulders are a little bulky.  So it makes Luke look a little musclebound.  A swivel joint may have looked a little better in this case.  But in this case it seems that the articulation was more important.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 5, 2009, 03:47 PM »
This whole wave is in stock at HTS.com right now.

Just had myself a little Dresselian army building session.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 5, 2009, 04:21 PM »
From what I'm seeing, they're listed as "Pre-Order" status...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 5, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Lame.  I got all excited and put an order in...

Canceling...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #291 on: October 6, 2009, 12:24 AM »
I just got most of this wave, and $10 off total was nice with the discount.  It covered shipping and some of the tax, so well worth it and not dragging my ass all over creation looking for it.  I think Paul had me covered on DS2 Luke so I didn't pick him up and I didn't see a couple TPM wave and Nein Numb listed, so I missed on both of those, but I'll get them eventually.  I just need Rum Slegg and Numb anyway now...  and a third comic pack if I didn't see it.  Either way I'm pretty happy, actually.  Thanks to those who caught those figures online.  I hate looking for stuff anymore.

I'm doing a toy run tomorrow.  Wanna bet I find 'em? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 7, 2009, 11:19 AM »
$10 of Jesse?

Was this a HTS thing?  I put in the ROTJ wave order and couldn't get the SW2009 code to work.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #293 on: October 7, 2009, 11:44 AM »
I think SW2009 and SW2010 (10% off) are the only discount codes at the moment for SW stuff.  And just a reminder that each of those codes is a one-time use code per account, so if you've used it once you can't use it again... unless you create a new e-mail/account.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 7, 2009, 11:56 AM »
That explains it... I wish I'd thought to use SW2010, didn't know about it.  I guess I'll just use it next time I order from them.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2009, 11:56 AM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #295 on: October 7, 2009, 03:58 PM »
I used the SW2010 and that worked for me.  Not sure if I used the other one before or not.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #296 on: October 7, 2009, 05:56 PM »
I got my HTS order in of the ROTJ Wave on Saturday and I gotta say overall it's an impressive wave. Some quick thoughts on each figure, noting that I skipped Rancor Keeper and the B-Wing Pilot...

Jedi Luke - If I hadn't seen the pics of this figure in advance I'd be extremely disappointed, instead I'm just let down once again by Hasbro's inability to follow up on the greatness of the 2004 Jedi Luke. The headsculpt isn't bad at all, though it looks a bit too old for Luke in ROTJ, the hair styling is spot on. The torso and the swappable chest piece work out great, I actually expected it not too but was shocked. However, the use of the 30AC Luke arms, legs, and waist ruin the figure. The limbs are too bulky, especially at the joints, to properly detail Luke in ROTJ. As mentioned before the shoulders are the worst examples as they are just not sculpted well at all. If I wasn't a collector of all things Jedi Luke, I would never have gotten this figure.

Slave Leia - This figure is way better than I expected, the Hasbro pics did not do it justice. The headsculpt is pretty good and the detailing across the whole figure is perfect. The swappable lower half works out nicely though the skin tone on the "sitting" legs doesn't match the rest of the figure, but it's passable. One key thing to note, is when putting the regular lower half back on, make sure to push all the way through otherwise your Leia will look a little bow-legged.

Nikto Gunner - WOW! The sculpting details on this one is amazing, all the folds and creases put into this show what great work the Hasbro designers can do. Even the small straps on the legs and torso are separate pieces, top notch stuff! And the likeness of the headsculpt is so good it makes me want many head casts of this guy, leagues better than the Nikto Jedi of 2002.

Giran - This one is an almost WOW! Like Nikto, the sculpting is outstanding, but it's so good it actually screws up the articulation. The shoulder and knee joints are hampered by the sculpting such that you do not get the full range of motion you should. While not the end of the world, I think Hasbro could have fixed this issue easily. Still, this is another winner from Hasbro.

Major Panno - Another well done figure, though there aren't a lot of details here that stand out when compared to the Jabba goons. Most notable I think to me is that it's a great base for SA Rebel Soldiers in the future. Also keep note on the "pouches" on the cloak, you can use them to hold his weapon and communicator.

Ewoks - Not a lot you can say here, other than a good job on the headsculpts and weapons. These are the same Ewok sculpts we got in the last 2 pack, nice job for the Ewoks but nothing to write home about. Paploo does look spot on from the movie though.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchases and despite the end "being nigh" as is being rumored, I see that from an individual figure standpoint Hasbro is overall doing just fine with the OT goodness.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #297 on: October 7, 2009, 06:06 PM »
This whole wave is in stock at HTS.com right now.

Just had myself a little Dresselian army building session.

Man, that Dresselian is awesome. Really makes the Pruneface from POTF2 look lame, and he was a pretty solid figure to begin with.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 13, 2009, 10:28 AM »
From what I'm seeing, they're listed as "Pre-Order" status...

Lame.  I got all excited and put an order in...

Canceling...

They shipped my order yesterday, it only took 1 week. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #299 on: October 13, 2009, 03:06 PM »
I'm still waiting but got my order in later than Dressel did, so I'm curious to see if I get mine soon.  I got my comic packs and E1 stuff over the weekend so I am wagering my ROTJ figs are on the way too, soon.